Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Syhndel

February 09, 2018, 07:20:06 pm
Read 3182 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Syhndel
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:20:06 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Syhndel
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Syhndel/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (Healer)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Ovi, I'm 33, I live in Bucharest and I work for EA as a game tester.

Class/Spec:

I've played this expansion as a holy priest. At the start of the expansion I found it a lot easier to get myself and my friends into groups if I played a healer, also I really enjoy playing a healer so it worked out! Current equipped iLvL is 973. Before you get all impressed keep in mind that I pretty much just equip the highest iLvL stuff I find, since I've never felt that any of the set bonuses were worth losing the extra stats I get or the liberty to fiddle around with different legendary combinations.

As a healing priest I aim for lots of Mastery. That's it. Just mastery, sure some haste is nice too, but I'm just looking out for that sweet sweet mastery.

Alts:

I have a 110 Druid tank on Kazzak but I'd hardly call that a 'relevant alt', not at this time at least.

Professions:

I've had Tailoring since Vanilla, just because it made sense that a cloth-wearer is able to craft cloth, right? So after I had tailoring at high skill I felt kind of bad about dropping it and 'waste' all that time and effort I put into it.
My other profession is Inscription. I've had this one since it first came out and made some decent gold with it during WotLK. I'm pretty sure I'll change it for BFA, just not sure to what.
I don't think I have any rare/special recipes tho since I was never the collector kind of guy.

Raiding Experience:

Meh, I wont list exp on previous expansions.
In Legion I was pretty happy just clearing HC every week. I've only raided as a healer and on Frostmane there was a pretty cool raid happening every week where we could progress some Mythic stuff too while it was still relevant. But I only joined those raids a handful of times since, like I said, I was pretty happy with just clearing HC.

Previous Guilds:

Again, I'm just gonna talk about Legion stuff.
Almost all of Legion I've been in a guild (<Bad News>) with some really good friends and we just PUGed stuff. Recently we decided to strive for more than just HC every week so here we are, applying to you nice guild!

Availability:

Normally I can be available after 19:00 server time.

Communication:

Yes, I have no problem communicating in English.
Yes, I do have TS3, but I prefer Discord.
Yes, I do have a microphone but I'm pretty shy around new people.

Computer / Connection:

Yes, I have a decent computer and a good enough connection that I never had any connectivity issues.

Addons/UI:

Over the years I came to the conclusion that the less add-ons I have, the better. So at this time I'm only using Omni CC as cooldown counter, CoolLine as another visual aid for cooldowns, Kui Nameplates for some better NPC nameplates, Quartz for the nicer cast bars and Weak Auras for miscellaneous stuff like some procs and things.

Other Games:

Other games I play are: Hearthstone, Overwatch and Dota.

Why Iron Edge?

Like I've mentioned earlier, I play with a group of friends and we decided we want to do more than just HC every week and your Sunday raid would fit us perfectly!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Just my time and nice personality.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

One of our group members recommended we join you guys.

Last Words?

Like I've stated before, I enjoy playing with my group of friends, but that does not mean I have a problem sitting out if there's room for them and not me.

February 09, 2018, 08:23:10 pm
Reply #1

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Syhndel
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 08:23:10 pm »
FREEBIES!

Invite this man immediately!

February 10, 2018, 04:21:58 pm
Reply #2

Offline Miopia

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 04:21:58 pm »
Hello Syhndel! I would like to ask you if you could describe your rotation in Antorus raids and why do you load up on so much mastery? And why do you think T20 is/was not worth having, for example?

I did take a careful look on your logs and I see that you have a good understanding of the holy spec and the mechanics of Antorus boss fights, even though you are running on (very) unconventional gear / stats, and play style.

Nice application otherwise!

February 10, 2018, 05:08:16 pm
Reply #3

Offline Syhndel

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 05:08:16 pm »
Hello again, and thank for taking the time to go through my application!
I'm not sure about what you mean by 'rotation' but I will try to explain my healing strategy.
First of all I'm just gonna admit I'm the biggest fan of Prayer of Mending (PoM). I was a bit upset when it got a cast time but I'm ok now. That being said, my biggest priority is to make sure I keep PoM on cooldown and jumping around. Other than that just your regular flash heals when flash healing is needed (get it?!), greater healing when there's not really that much going on and Prayer of Healing (PoH) for right after those big raid damage bursts. Oh and let's not forget them Renews on people that take constant damage (dot targets/tanks). That said I also try to have the Holy Words ready when needed, but not always off cooldown kind of a tough thing to juggle.

As far as my gear...
I love mastery because it's such a cheap way to get that passive healing going and I think it kinda makes overheals a bit less of a waste. TBH T20 (the holy word one) was pretty kewl. But it was hard to get decent iLvl pieces aaaand the pieces I had didn't fit in with the legos I wanted etc. But I think all-in-all I wouldn't trade my current 'excentric' 970 gear for a 950 one with the T20 bonuses. Perhaps it's because I never really used the set, so I never really got addicted to the lower CDs on the Holy Words or just because I got emotionally attached to my current pixels.
As stated in the application 95% of the stuff I did/do is Heroic and the occasional M+ with the buddies so you can understand why I never really felt the need to min/max my gear or play stye as long as the boss is dead and my team alive, I am a happy camper.

If I should come to the conclusion that my current state does not cut it for Mythic, I am open to making adjustments here and there.

Hope you enjoyed the wall of text!

February 10, 2018, 05:09:26 pm
Reply #4

Offline Syhndel

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 05:09:26 pm »
Oh and I think T21 set bonus sux!

February 11, 2018, 02:19:14 pm
Reply #5

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 02:19:14 pm »
Hey there.

We usually wait 48 hours before accepting trials, but since the raid will start soon, I'll just accept you guys earlier.

You can stay as a social until we have a spot, if we have a spot. Unless you'd like to try shadow?

Either way, you can poke an officer for a guild invite!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:16:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 0 Users