Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 WoW lore predictions for BFA

April 11, 2018, 02:41:22 am
Read 5705 times

Offline Rawclaw

• Guild Member

WoW lore predictions for BFA
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:41:22 am »
Hey guys, it would be cool to get some discussion on people's theories where the upcoming expansion is going to take us lore-wise.

Personally, I feel we will start off building allies for each faction by helping them with their current issues, then the Horde and the Alliance will enter all-out war with each other.

After the climax of a huge battle, we will discover that our hatred for each other was created by N'zoth in a bid to make us destroy each other while the old gods regain their full strength.

We will pursue N'zoth to the depths and there we will encounter our final boss of the expansion, Queen Azshara.

N'zoth will escape to Ny'alotha where we will travel to in the expansion following BFA which will cover the final demise of the old gods and the introduction of the void lords.

Also, I'm calling that Sylvanas isn't warchief by the end of BFA.

That's my two cents.

It would be great to hear yours!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:45:42 am by Rawclaw »

April 11, 2018, 10:09:23 am
Reply #1

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

Re: WoW lore predictions for BFA
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:09:23 am »
I have no idea but I hope Sylvanas is not the warchief at the end of the expansion. Doesn't have to die, but at least step down, she just doesn't seem fit to lead the Horde.

April 11, 2018, 11:27:09 am
Reply #2

Offline Narco

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:27:09 am »
At the start we'll basically be stabilising and uniting the islands for recruitment purposes that will eventually lead us to Uldir as the source of a lot of the problems.

Throughout Blizzard will probably heighten the tension between the Horde and Alliance through a variety of Azerite based antics, a bit of pillaging here, a bit of murder there, all the while Magni will be feeding us information about how super serious all this Azerite stuff is.

After witnessing the experiments and research of the Titans in Uldir, Sylvanas will likely want to harness that power for her Forsaken so they will not become extinct, and I think that's going to take her on a merry old confrontational journey around Azeroth that will ultimately lead to her downfall one way or another. The way her story is going is very reminiscent to that of Garrosh's, in that their lust for power (with a little help from the Old Gods) is ultimately their undoing.

Now Blizzard have said that Azshara will be the Gul'dan of this expansion, so probably the second final raid boss, and I think she'll hold a lot of useful information for Sylvanas, maybe even information on the location of whatever is left of N'zoth, which I believe will be the final boss of the expansion.

As for the lore between the events of killing Azshara and discovering N'zoth I don't have a clue, and at the moment the story and quests for the Alliance at the start is so fucking weak I have no idea where they'll be heading. Anduin will probably want to stop Sylvanas directly at some point, culminating in a face off that most likely will not have a decisive victor.

April 11, 2018, 12:30:02 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 12:30:02 pm »
What Narco said has been confirmed, I’m guessing Queen Azshara fightwill have a mention that nzoth is almost at full strength and will devour the world soul / corrupt Azeroth.

The following expansion will probs be with nzoths fall/defeat, the last old god on Azeroth will either appear or will summon the void lords themselves to strike. Leading an all out invasion of possibly every location on Azeroth aka northern pandaland, broken isles the lot, kinda makes sense to what with us getting more races coming to join us in the fight kind of Azeroth people uniting to take the fight and save their world.

Sounds superhero movie esque I know but few things have hinted to this what with Manduin in charge, I don’t think there’s anyone else suitable to lead the horde if she dies. Baine?? Don’t think so, lorthemar theron again doesn’t seem suitable only one left suitable is green Jesus thrall, but he’s all stand in Earth aspect and banging his aggra to get another baby orc.
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

April 11, 2018, 06:12:55 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rawclaw

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 06:12:55 pm »
Could Arator be the prophesied "child of light and shadow" instead of Illidan?

Being the Son of Turalyon (light) and Alleria (shadow) it would seem as if it was pointing this way.

What would that mean for his role going forward?

April 11, 2018, 09:02:12 pm
Reply #5

Offline Ommadon

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 09:02:12 pm »
There was an interesting topic on reddit/wow today regarding lore speculations for the future.

Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8bfmiq/ive_just_realized_something_truly_horrific/

This theory has been proposed before in various shapes and iterations.

Basically, TL;DR is that we get to defeat N'zoth in this expansion, but then we realize that N'zoth is actually small beans and that Azeroth itself is a major Void entity to which the N'zoth, C'thun and Yogg Saron are just subjects/minions.

There are so many names of Old Gods and void entities that correspond to C'thulhu mythos that it simply cannot be ignored. So, since the names and the whole theme of WoW story draws heavily from the C'thulhu mythos, it might be as well the case with the story, e.g. WoW might be C'Thulhu mythos retold, with a few twists.

Edit: This Old God-C'thulhu mythos thing apparently extends to BFA. Compare this https://wow.gamepedia.com/G%27huun
with 'Gloon' in this table https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu_Mythos_deities#Table_of_Great_Old_Ones
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:56:04 pm by Beton »

April 13, 2018, 11:57:05 pm
Reply #6

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 11:57:05 pm »
I Think they are going to bring back Ragnaros who is going to make a big bomb, I mean a really really big bomb. he is going to light it up and crash all the servers and thats the end of wow. when Everything boots up they remade it to look like Sims and we get to play that instead.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:11:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 1 User
Spetsnaz