Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Pujoparta (XR)

July 01, 2018, 01:25:56 pm
Read 3908 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Pujoparta (XR)
« on: July 01, 2018, 01:25:56 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Pujoparta
Server: Chamber of Aspects
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Chamber%20of%20Aspects/Pujoparta/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hi. My names is Antti, a 38(!) year old guy from Finland. A husband to a lovely wife and a father to an awesome son. I work as a Duty Manager for a ground handling company at Helsinki airport.

Class/Spec:

I've been playing as a BM most of the expansion, as it's the spec I enjoy most. I know MM has been performing slightly better throughout the expansion, but the difference hasn't been that major. I've still swapped to MM for some encounters during progression if it has been a lot better on that fight.

I have been playing my hunter all the way from Vanilla, so I'd like to think I'm pretty familiar with all aspects of the class.
Stats wise I currently go for something like haste>crit>mastery..
I like to use legendary bracers so haste is valued slightly higher than it would be without them.

Alts:

I haven't done any proper mythic raiding on an alt. I do have an resto druid, around 965ilvl, running heroic raids and mythic+ dungeons. Also few other alts that I play every now and then, but nothing worth mentioning.

Professions:

Enchanting/Hernalism. No real reasoning behind the proffs, but I guess it's handy to be able to make my own enchants and provide mats for pots/flasks.

Raiding Experience:

I've cleared pretty much all the raids from vanilla untill today (except original Naxx) on hardest difficulty. Missed few bosses here and there, like Kil'Jaeden mythic.

Previous Guilds:

I've played with the same core of ppl from the day one. My current guild is called Rage of Ancients on Chamber of Aspects server. We have been struggling with sign ups all this expansion, mostly due ppl getting bored of the game, etc... After killing Argus on mythic more and more people started moving to other, more hard core guilds, to find new challenges and we soon decided to call quits on the guild as it is. The guild is now mostly a home to some alts and a place to see old faces and do a mythic+ or so.

Availability:

I mostly work morning shifts, so it's very rare I miss a raid due to work.

Communication:

I am able to communicate fluently in english. I think I've used all possible VoIP communication systems over the years, including TS3. But I guess everyone is using discord these days. I do have a working mic and am not afraid to use it.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is few years old, but it's decent enough. Don't have any fps issues.Connection is 100/10 cable, so no problems there. Never been on Kazzak so no idea about the ping there. Kazzak does have a lot more population than my current server, but should be ok.

Addons/UI:

Addons I've found most usefull for raiding are: WeakAuras 2, DBM, Exorsus Raid Tools, Details
There are plenty of others I use too, but they are mostly QOL or UI tweaks.

I've keybound mostly utility skills, since there aren't that many dps buttons to press these days.
Spells like disengage, aspect of the turtle, exhilaration, health pots..

https://imgur.com/a/ksaXCn9

Other Games:

Not many. Diablo 3 whenever there's something new to try out, but other than that I'm pretty much playing wow.

Why Iron Edge?

I was looking through wowprogress for potential new homes, and I came across your guild. I liked the description and the whole idea about 2 day raiding. As a family man dropping to 2 days instead of 3 sounds very appealing to me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a dedicated player, who is always willing to put the guilds needs ahead of my own. A mature player, who is able to handle critisism and enjoys a good laugh. I always keep up to date with my class join raids prepared, stacked with consumables.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys, and hopefully raid under the <Iron Edge> tag in BfA

July 01, 2018, 02:54:27 pm
Reply #1

Offline Bouncy

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Pujoparta (XR)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 02:54:27 pm »
Very nice applicaton. Hopefully u'll get accepted since we have only 1 hunter atm. :)

July 01, 2018, 04:20:52 pm
Reply #2

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 04:20:52 pm »
yeah nice application and logs seem good also
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

July 01, 2018, 07:39:10 pm
Reply #3

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 07:39:10 pm »
You had me at BM

July 01, 2018, 07:49:06 pm
Reply #4

Offline Pujoparta

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 07:49:06 pm »
Only real spec!  ;)

July 01, 2018, 09:44:35 pm
Reply #5

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 09:44:35 pm »
Oh! A Finn! We need Finns.

July 02, 2018, 01:21:43 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 01:21:43 pm »
Will you be going back to this "core" of friends you have when they get back together for BfA? Notice that I said when they come back, not if they come back. If your answer to that is no, convince us why that is the case!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 02, 2018, 02:02:17 pm
Reply #7

Offline Pujoparta

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 02:02:17 pm »
Hey,

Fair concern, but the majority of the raiding core of my current guild have already moved on to other guilds to pursue whatever it is they want to achieve in future raiding wise. So they aren't just on a summer break.
We will propably do some mythic plus runs, etc every now and then to get together but that will be it. I wouldn't be applying to a new guild for a short period, my intend is to stay for good.
So the answer is no, I'm not going anywhere if I get accepted.

July 03, 2018, 12:46:23 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 12:46:23 pm »
I will remain sceptical, but open minded.

You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 03, 2018, 02:02:11 pm
Reply #9

Offline Pujoparta

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 02:02:11 pm »
All righty, cheers for the trust.
I'll get the character transfer on the way, and poke someone when I'm there.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 1 User
Wali