Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Paladin (DPS) - Abithos

September 10, 2018, 04:45:34 pm
Read 3149 times

Applicant

Social Application - Paladin (DPS) - Abithos
« on: September 10, 2018, 04:45:34 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Abithos
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Abithos/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Hey there, I'm Alex from Bucharest, Romania.

I'm 28 years and work in customer service.

Been a gamer since forever and I'm a big fan of RPGs and Horror, and in the past years and a half I even picked up Dungeons and Dragons as a hobby, with my ever growing miniature collection.

When it comes to playing WoW, this is my 4th time picking up the game:

-First time started in the last month of vanilla up until early WOTLK where I played a warlock while raiding.  
-Second and third time was during MOP and Legion respectively where I experimented with multiple classes trying to find the right one for me.
-Fourth was when I resumed at the end of legion and finally settled on Retribution Paladin. I'll elaborate more on the reason in the next section.

Class/Spec:

I am currently maining Retribution Paladin since it matches both the class design style I enjoy playing in RPGs, a melee fighter with access to magic (I usually play Bard or Paladin type characters), and gameplay wise due to it being a DPS with Support Skills which I also find fun.

I enjoy knowing that in M+ I can sometimes take some pressure of the healer or save a party member with a good use of Word of Glory or a BoP.

My only wish would be if horde got another paladin race. Taurens are a bit too chunky and get stuck in the Warsong tunnel when you use Divine Steed, and blood elves are a bit too common.

Also Holy and Port don't interest me that much as I don't enjoy the playstyles of the specs.

Alts:

Got quite a few 110 but I have no interest in touching them since I'm settled on Pala, but for the sake of completion they would be: Shaman, Hunter, Warlock (my first max level character, and second one ever created), Death Knight, Demon Hunter.

Professions:

Engineering and Enchanting.  For Enchanting I've already unlocked all of the enchants but they are not yet as 3 stars.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I enjoy PvP a lot but never got to do proper PvP beyond 1750 rating due to people at high ratings always wanting high rating XP (so no way for me to get it in the first place since I was playing mostly casual), though would love to practice more.

Took a break from raiding since WOTLK and only did normal pugs in Legion. Recently picked it up again and cleared Normal Uldir and then the first 3 bosses of Heroic.

Previous Guilds:

Heavy Duty:
As mentioned in the previous section after clearing 8/8 NM and 3/8 HC mode I gave up on the casual guild I was playing in as I noticed on multiple bosses that despite players refusing to learn they were not called out to be asked if they're having any trouble with the mechanics or any sort of measure to be taken.

An example would be on Zek'voz where people would not move out with eye beam regardless of how many times they wiped the raid and nobody cared to discuss with them, we just wiped and tried again, ofc with the same results.

Another example would be where the orb carriers on Ghuun weren't swapped around despite people tunnel visioning on the boss even when their name was called out they still would ignore it.

Availability:

Usually available after 19:00-20:00 GMT and can stay up reasonably late, and generally available during the weekends.  

Communication:

I'm proficient in English and I have no trouble speaking or understanding it.

I do not have Teamspeak 3 currently installed but I have used it in the past, and I currently have Discord installed.

I have a headset with a microphone and I'm willing to use it when doing guild runs, arenas etc.

Computer / Connection:

My computer has been a bit slow lately though it did not affect my wow performance in the least, I just lowered the settings and runs at smooth FPS.

My internet connection has never given me trouble in the past and the only time I ever lag is when its server side and absolutely everyone does.

Addons/UI:

Gladius, DBM, Skada, TomTom, Paste, H.H.T.D (Healers Have To Die),

Other Games:

None at the moment but I usually play things like Grim Dawn, Baldur's Gates, Guild Wars 2.

Why Iron Edge?

Looking for a nice guild with friendly and skilled players with the purpose of socializing, finding PvP partners and running M+ dungeons.

I would also be interested in the Weekend Raids if slots ever free up for a melee DPS.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm a bit of a lurker at first until I get to know the people in the guild after which I become quite social.
I'm also a decently fast learner when it comes to learning content.

Being a flexible player aka I enjoy M+, Raiding, PvP and sometimes doing old content since I'm a bit of a completionist, I'll always be up to help guildies if they need it.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

From my friends Nimwén and Drudeiu that are both part of the guild.

Last Words?

Not sure where to include the screenshot of my UI, but in general I like to keep it clean.

September 10, 2018, 04:50:34 pm
Reply #1

Offline Nimwen

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Paladin (DPS) - Abithos
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 04:50:34 pm »
Heya Abi nice seeing you here!

I have known him for a very long time and he is a really good and dedicated player. I think it would be nice to have him as part of the guild  ;D

September 10, 2018, 06:46:34 pm
Reply #2

Offline Drudeiu

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 06:46:34 pm »
I'm glad to see you here :-D

Me, Ninwen and Abithos are brothers in arms when it comes to WoW and Guild Wars 2. He's an efficient PVP and PVE player and i think he could be an important asset for this guild.

September 11, 2018, 07:00:52 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 07:00:52 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 11, 2018, 07:48:31 pm
Reply #4

Offline Abi-Alex

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 07:48:31 pm »
Thank you for accepting me in the guild! Looking forward to getting to know you guys! :D

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:28:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

74 Guests, 3 Users
hemoroidtv, Shimmar, Stepan