Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Kilgharra (XR)

September 14, 2018, 06:32:39 pm
Read 5826 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Kilgharra (XR)
« on: September 14, 2018, 06:32:39 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Kilgharra
Server: Mazrigos
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Mazrigos/Kilgharra/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Izzie Sutherland-Cash. I'm 34 years old and I live in Cambridge, UK. I'm a graduate student in linguistics at the University of Cambridge, and I freelance doing things from editing/proofing to random web design.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is holy, with protection closely behind in terms of gear). They're both around 356. I love healing and tanking, but probably healing more so than tanking. I do also play dps if I need to but it isn't where my main interest is. When I started playing in late vanila I was a warlock, and I happily raided as one all the way up to Sunwell, where my guild needed healers, so I rerolled to a priest and have been healing ever since. In MoP I rerolled to a druid purely so I would have the option to tank if needed, again because the guild needed another tank (but not a full time one).

In terms of stats, I'm aware crit is considered highest priority for holy paladins because of holy shock procs, but I'm pretty much picking up any gear with int on it at the moment. I've not had much luck with trinkets, unfortunately.
With regards to priority system, I think of healing in terms of triage and then anticipating damage when possible, so I'd aim to pick up low health or at-risk people, with special attention to tanks and debuffs. I think that’s where paladins excel, really. I'll attempt a quick rundown of holy paladin spells, no doubt forgetting something:
Beacons - really important to use those properly, swap targets if you need to. Holy shock is a key spell for us, and the proc from it should be used on Flash of light. Positioning is also rather important, there's no point casting Light of Dawn on an empty corner (though with the 40y trait that's a little harder to do anyway). Maintain judgment of light debuff and if you take the avenging wrath talent - make sure you can actually be in melee to make use of it. It can be a very efficient aoe healing method, if and only if used properly.
It's also important to be aware of uses for our utilities, a hand of freedom on Gahuun is really nice :D

Alts:

In legion I decided to complete every mage tower challenge on every class and spec, so I ended up with, well, everything. I even managed to level a rogue! The alt specs I've played the most, historically, were resto druid, resto shaman, holy paladin, protection warrior, guardian druid, Blood DK and hunter. Currently in BFA I've got my druid at 344 resto and 342 guardian, my hunter crawling up to 330 (BM) and my priest slowly inching to 120. I’ve done some pugging and some raiding with my super casual guild, Serendipity. On my paladin (as holy) I’ve got Uldir normal with a pug 8/8, and 4/8 hc, and 4/8 normal on my druid as resto. I’ve always been happy to raid on alts, if I have time. I like learning how other classes/specs work.

Professions:

I'm currently a herbalist alchemist, but I'd quite like to go back to engineering instead of herbing - it's just more fun, and I like having repair bots, mailboxes and things like AoE polybomb :o)

Raiding Experience:

I’ve raided since Karazan and consistently up to and including the first tier in MoP. If my raiding experience reads a little undetailed, it’s because it’s difficult to separate my raiding history from my guild history – I thought it’s better not to bore you with too much repetitions, and this application is a novel already :P
In tier 6 and up to Sunwell, I raided as a warlock.
I then started my guild (Serendipity) and was the GM and raid leader until we decided to stop raiding in any serious fashion, following the first tier of MoP (Sha of Fear was the last boss we killed pre nerf patch).
At the start of Sunwell I was still a warlock, and I raided the older content on my priest as a healer. So when my guild lacked healers, I rerolled. I originally was meant to roll back to warlock, but it never worked out, hehe. So I raided as a healing priest all through the next expansions, and I say healing priest and not holy because priests have two specs, and I just played whatever I thought was best for a particular boss.
I don’t really remember when I levelled my druid, but I know I took it to alt runs sometime in cata, I think, as resto, and it became my main alt.
Then in MoP, on the first boss of the first raid, we needed a 3rd tank, if I recall correctly – and we had some problems finding people who could do it properly, so I rerolled druid so I could fill that odd spot of sometimes healer sometimes tank.

Previous Guilds:

Sanctum (on Vashj): a guild with irl friends, and the first guild I raided with. We did Karazan, it was fun, but I really wanted to keep going and we didn’t have the people for Magtheridon.
Into Oblivion (on Vashj): the guild I joined after Sanctum. I raided SSC, TK, Hyjel and  BT with them, on my warlock. I had fun tanking leo, that fire lady on KT and illdan. I had really good times with people from this guild – I’m still friends with people I met there. But at some point it became clear that my goals and the guild’s goal’s were just not the same. Specifically, they played as if they were super casual and didn’t care about anything, but still wanted to raid 4-5 days a week. The result was very messy, very inefficient raiding, with people who wanted all manner of different things from the game.  With Sunwell looming, me and a few friends felt we can’t do another tier of raiding under these conditions and we decided to form our own guild – Serendipity.
Serendipity (executus and then Mazrigos):
https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/mazrigos/Serendipity/
This guild was my last guild :o) we formed before sunwel came out, opened recruitment and went all in. It was a blast. We killed everything the game threw at us from sunwel and up until Sha of something or other in the first tier of MoP. We were a 4 days 4 hours raiding guild, with a strict start and finish time and the whole idea was to get as much done in not a lot of time (funny how much time you have in your 20s). Raiding hightlights include: Muru pre-nerf (but after the caster push back fix), Alone in the Darkness Yog Saron 25, Professor patricide 25 (rank 143), The Lich King hc 25 (rank 233), Deathwing HC (rank 167). Basically, from the day we formed and until T14, we killed everything before it was nerfed. Which is related to why I’m here writing this application! When we killed the last boss in T14, Sha of Fear, we had done it on the eve of the new patch and the nerfs. We were really happy to have gotten it before the nerf, but it meant raiding for 4 days a week for months  - and we were one out of about 250 guilds in EU that did it! We knew we had a choice to make – either go hardcore – to try and clear ASAP so we can then have time to relax before the next tier, or go casual. We decided to go casual. After raiding without a break since 2008, we all needed a break. So, I never really left Serendipity. For the rest of MoP I raided with alts in Whatever (alliance, Auchindon) on my druid (resto), in WoD I didn’t raid at all, and in Legion a group of the old raiders came back and we’ve been happily casual ever since. We raided and killed almost everything on HC in Legion, doing Saturday raids when people had time. So, I’m here because I love raiding, and after a long break from doing it more seriously, I wanna jump back in. I’m also here because I don’t actually want to nor am I able to raid 24/7, so the two days a week deal sounds pretty good to me!

Availability:

I’m generally available every Monday/Thursday, and if I’m not I almost always know in advance. If successful, I can start raiding 24 September.
In addition, I’m getting married 27 October, and my entire family is descending on my house, so I exepct I won’t be available 24-31st October, and a week in early December when I have to travel to Israel to get married again. Don’t ask.

Communication:

I’m proficient in English and I have a working headset, and I have no problem speaking if needed.

Computer / Connection:

My computer isn’t the newest thing but it’s not a potato. I run everything on ultra or high, with no fps issues. I have no internet issues.

Addons/UI:

Vuhdoo – for my party/raid frames. I like how configurable it is.
The keybinds you can’t see are the mouse ones: right click for flash heal, alt-right click for dispels, mouse3 for beacon (alt-mouse3 for beacon of faith). I think everything else shows.
I use Elvui as my base, I like how it consolidates a lot of addons into one thing.
I’ve got big wigs, but I’m aware the guild requires DBM, not a problem to switch to it.
Weak auras! Who can live without weak auras.

https://imgur.com/WfgZfZK

Other Games:

Heroes of the Storm mainly. I’ve played Diablo 3 when it was shiny and I really hope for D4 news at Blizcon.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join because I have the raiding itch, I love this game and I love raiding, but I can’t dedicate my life to it and Iron Edge offers the best of both – raiding at the hardest difficulty, but with a casual schedule. It’s also pretty clear from your website and the bits I’ve come across Discord that you have a real community, and that’s really appealing. In short, it’s exactly what I’m looking for.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I’m a team player, I’m a good healer, I’ve got tons of experience on multiple healing classes, and I’m flexible enough to play my offspecs to help with m+ and things like that.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I heard about Iron Edge through Mortos, so it’s all his fault.  

Last Words?

It really is Mortos’ fault. Lok’tar Ogar!

September 14, 2018, 06:33:37 pm
Reply #1

Offline mortos

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Kilgharra (XR)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:33:37 pm »
Izzie is a real-life close friend of mine for over a decade both in WoW and off.
The kind that when they leave your group of friends to go and live in England, you decide to give them a parting gift in the form of this newish Game called World of Warcraft, so they will keep in touch in a more easily manner (at least for a year or two until it died with this new Burning Crusade expansion)
So yes, it is my Fault and I do take the blame for that.
I have many real-life friends that play wow, most of them are shit, she is not.

In all seriousness she is one of the best players I have ever played with, be in on her lock, priest, druid, paly (and I guess even her rogue), willing to learn, adapt and excel at whatever spec or class she plays.
More importantly she knows that Mechanics kills the boss and not DPS/HPS (though she can switch to meter whoring when she is in a PuG and needs to shut ppl up)
Been bugging her to come back to actual content for the last year or two (so once again My Fault), plus she will be a good edition to the M+ roster (where we lack Tanks and Healer, both role her Paly can accommodate superbly)

Moon! She is married (or soon be) so fuck off this one

September 14, 2018, 06:38:57 pm
Reply #2

Offline Ploppers

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 06:38:57 pm »
I did a couple of M+ with her and she is really good. It would be nice to have someone else that I can stand playing with in the guild. I also didn't even ask if she was a goth. =)

September 14, 2018, 09:20:43 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 09:20:43 pm »
I did a couple of M+ with her and she is really good. It would be nice to have someone else that I can stand playing with in the guild. I also didn't even ask if she was a goth. =)

You big tease, I like you too xx haha.

Kilghara, very nice application has tonnes of detail, thank you for taking the time and effort. If mortos vouches for you than its gotta be worth considering.

Much like I vouched and harassed you to apply Ploppers....

Good luck on the apply.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

September 14, 2018, 11:22:01 pm
Reply #4

Offline Moghoulkhan

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 11:22:01 pm »
Did a few M+ runs with her and I think she'd be a good fit for the guild. Great healer too!

September 15, 2018, 10:01:47 pm
Reply #5

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 10:01:47 pm »
Hi Kilgharra,

Great application and lots of good feedback from the members :)
But unfortunately, I can't fit in another holy paladin on the roster with two already on it. Although, I would like to offer you a social spot at the moment and I can keep you in mind if there are future changes or if you have another class you want to play on :)

Lethys
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

September 16, 2018, 09:04:19 pm
Reply #6

Offline Maddalyn

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 09:04:19 pm »
Hi Lethys,
Thanks for the social spot offer :) I understand if there isn't a place for a paladin - I mainly rolled paladin so I could tank M+ if needed, but I love healing on pretty much anything. My priest is gearing up, so maybe that'll work?

September 17, 2018, 11:41:30 am
Reply #7

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 11:41:30 am »
A priest is fine, i'll be able to squeeze you in with that, poke me or another officer for an invite
Let me know when it's all geared up :)

Lethys
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

September 17, 2018, 11:55:47 pm
Reply #8

Offline Maddalyn

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 11:55:47 pm »
Great! Thank you, I'll pack up and move, hopefully tomorrow or so =)

September 20, 2018, 05:37:19 am
Reply #9

Offline Maddalyn

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 05:37:19 am »
Transfer pending :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:31:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 0 Users