Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mythic+ Application - Rogue (DPS) - Vanarog

January 02, 2019, 11:46:36 pm
Read 2961 times

Applicant

Mythic+ Application - Rogue (DPS) - Vanarog
« on: January 02, 2019, 11:46:36 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a Mythic+ member.

Character: Vanarog
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Vanarog/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: Mythic+

Personal Info:

Name: David Phillips
School: Studying medicine at University of Witwatersrand

Class/Spec:

Rogues are always important in m+ and I have fun playing it so it makes it relevant for me to play in the current META

Alts:

Anyxx-kazzak
Licelidra - Quel'thalas

Professions:

Mining and JC. Needed a reliable way to make money in order to buy flasks and consumables required for raids and m+

Mythic+ Experience:

Mostly did m+ on hpala in legion, got to 2193 io in patch 7.3.2. Have a decent experience of playing tank, healer and DPS.

Previous Guilds:

Bloodrage-Quel'thalas: Didn't have the raiding/m+ calibre that I was looking for.

Availability:

The only thing that won't be able to be worked around would be tests and exams at university. Every other time will be available.

Communication:

English Home speaker. Use TS3.

System / Connection:

Never have any FPS issues. Never drops below 60. Average ping to Kazzak server is 181 but is usually extremely stable and I have learned to play with the slight delay to still be able to perform at a decent level.

Addons/UI:

Main addons used are ELVUI and Weakauras2.

Other Games:

League of legends.
Dark Souls franchise
DMC franchise

Why Iron Edge?

It seems like it might offer the m+ players that i am looking for and if there is eventually a trial raiding spot available I might be able to try my hand at some top level contents and that is a big driver for me to carry on playing.

What I can offer Iron Edge:

Versatility in play styles having a decent proficiency in tanking, healing and damage dealing and

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

A friend joined the guild. (monspeet-kazzak)

Last Words:

I feel like i might be able to make a valuable contribution to your lineup. I also have a large number of alts that can be geared and used if required for a certain role.

January 03, 2019, 01:20:26 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Mythic+ Application - Rogue (DPS) - Vanarog
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 01:20:26 am »
Hi Vanarog!

Our Mythic+ officer will review your application shortly. In the meantime, you should to find Monspeet and get him to vouch for you.

Good luck on your application!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 03, 2019, 12:17:22 pm
Reply #2

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 12:17:22 pm »
Hi Vanarog,

Thanks for your application to IE as a mythic + I would have to say its a bit light on detail to understand your aspirations, skill level and overall what type of individual you are, but neitherless I have a few questions which may help me when reviewing your application to IE.

I would like to hear your opinion on the current content of M+ and your plans come the new season, and how will you work on your gear to keep that competative edge?

Rogues certianly offer a wide range of utility and skills that are fantastic in M+, what specs and why do you see worked best for M+ in your opinion?

I noticed in your application you mentioned "eventually a trial raiding spot available" just want to be clear that you dont essentially join IE as a M+er and that guarantees you a spot or a trial in IE raiding teams as that would be a separate application but would give you some experience to add to your application if you felt you wanted to join one of IE's raiding teams at a later time.

Last thoughts i would also like to hear, how will you keep up gearwise to really add value to a M+ team as every second counts when going for one of those Gucci timers to progress as a team, and what are you like when it comes to understanding instructions and communicating.

Look forward to hearing from you,  and Monspeet in vouching your information following to help me consider your application further.

Cheers
Paul

January 03, 2019, 02:41:08 pm
Reply #3

Offline Depthes

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 02:41:08 pm »
Hey there Lockstarz and thanks for the reply.

Sorry about the lack of detail, I will try to expand on the application for you.

As with most other people who do m+ I would like to compete to my full potential and I feel that if I could run with a team that has the same aspirations of pushing late game content that I have, I would be able to live up to my potential.

My skill in higher level M+ in legion and the start of BFA has mainly been with calling and leading routes but I am also perfectly able to listen to and follow instructions if it means progression for a team rather than just my personal game, in fact I would prefer it.

Currently M+ feels like it is in a bit of a slump with people just waiting for the new season to start. It also feels a bit too linear in terms of the compositions that you can run with DK tank, DH + rogue DPS and MW/Resto druid Healers basically being mandatory. I would like to see an improvement to the meta where more spots are freed up in order to explore new mechanics that we may be able to find in dungeons.

In the new season I would like to push keys and in order to do that getting to the highest level of gear would have to be done either by pugging keys or pugging the new raid tier. That is why I mentioned raiding as it becomes vital if there is an absolute BIS item that drops from it.

As a rogue I haven't really been playing in well co-ordinated teams and so the only spec I have really seen any damage come from is assassination but I can still play subtlety to a good standard, groups just destroy adds too fast for it to be viable though in my current circumstances.

I am able to follow instructions and am always able to take criticism when I have been the one to make a mistake.

I feel like I would be a valuable member to your line up, even if it is as a sub for a member when they aren't there. That's what being part of a guild/team is all about, group wide victory, not personal achievements.

Thanks for your consideration
Vanarog (David)

January 04, 2019, 09:40:08 am
Reply #4

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 09:40:08 am »
I am happy to give you a trial and see how you do, mainly integrating into the guild and how you perform as a M+'er we have people keen to do some M+ but generally the challenge is having Tank's available when ppl are around.

As you pointed out its a bit stale at the moment while ppl wait for the next season, and the next challenge, also think ppl are bored with infested as its not that lets say exciting.

Spoke me or any of the officers online for a invite.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:06:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

91 Guests, 0 Users