Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Tank) - Zepe (XR)

January 15, 2019, 08:58:33 pm
Read 2875 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Tank) - Zepe (XR)
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:58:33 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Zepe
Server: Grim Batol
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Grim%20Batol/Zepe/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (Tank)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hello my name is José Delgado but you can call me Zepe, I'm 22 years old from Portual. I'm a Computer Science student and i recently got a job in my field, as a Backend Java Developer.

Class/Spec:

My main spec would be protection but I also have a ret offspec, in terms of neck level i am slightly behind since i've stopped playing on my pala (besides the occasional m+) for while about 2 months ago, when my previous guild hit G'huun. Also my ret weapon is a bit behind but that is easy to fix.

I think I have a really good grasp of my class as I "hang out" a fair bit on the class discord, which helped me a lot get to grips with it at the start, specially talking to people like blueprint (pala tank on 18th world guild).
In terms of stat priority generally i'd go for haste > mastery >= versatility > crit but with focus on ilvl over secondary stats (as this expansion more stats are generally always better). For fights where I feel I do not need the survivability as much I might try to drop some mastery and versa for crit.
As for rotation, regardless of focus on survivability or damage, keeping consecration up all the time and refreshing it on dead globals (and worst case scenario when it's running out) is always top prio followed by judgment when it's at 2 charges or near, after that: avenger's shield > judgment > hammer of the righteous. Never let shield of the righteous cap (unless the other tank has the boss and i need those charges defensively very soon). Seraphim (controversial talent) when picked used nearly on CD as it's both a survivability and dps boost.
Another thing that in my opinion is super important as paladin is keeping my eye out to use my utility, lay on hands, blessing of spellwarding/protection, freedom and occasionally poison/disease dispel.

Alts:

Warrior, only reached max level yesterday (14/01) but i plan to focus on it hard as it was my favorite tank during antorus and the recent major buffs (particularly IP change) made me want to play it again.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Egeanin

Death Knight, not as likely to play it as much as my prots but I also enjoy it and will keep it's gear relevant.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Nef%C3%A9rata

For completeness sake I'll include my monk since it's the character I got CE with this tier (as MW, for weird reasons i explained to Xormn).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/grim-batol/Sevanna

Professions:

Nothing special, blacksmithing and mining on pala, DK being a fairly new character only has enchanting, might grab herbing.Planning to pick up alchemy on warr and maybe engi or blacksmithing.

Raiding Experience:

I started out in a Cataclysm private server (Warmane), there I eventually cleared full DS hc on more than one character, a tank druid, elemental shaman and a warlock. Despite a few bugs makes some things a bit different (and in the case of Warmaster Blackhorn, easier) I think it gave a really good introduction to raiding. I also raid lead a fair amount during my last months here.
Eventually I moved on to official wow during late WoD, having arrived so late it was fairly harsh to get into raiding, besides getting AoTC Archimonde the highest raiding I did there was during pre-patch, up to Socrethar on Mythic. Played warlock in raid during this time.
Start of Legion I got properly into Mythic raiding getting my first CE. I progressed most of the tier as mistweaver but Cenarius i downed as brewmaster and Xavius as warlock since i was swapping to that for NH (should be noted that Cenarius and Xavius were in a different guild than the rest)
During NH i got to clear 9/10M and we hopped back (when we noticed we didn't have time to kill gul'dan) to ToV to get our Helya CE. Out of these 12 bosses 11 i did on my warlock having done helya on blood dk as I was swapping to it going into ToS.
Nothing special to say on ToV, cleared 8/9M, all bosses on my DK though for some reason that I cannot remember right now Mistress Sass'zine i progressed as dps.
Antorus I got CE and my best ranking until then, around 1.1k world. During this tier despite maining a warlock I was the guild's de-facto 3rd tank, so many bosses (some on progress, some on rekills) i did on my vengeance dh and in the case of argus on my brewmaster.
Uldir i got technically 7/8M, because of university work I had to skip our Mythrax first kill and some progress nights, though i did get to progress the fight for 1 raid and a half (if i recall correctly). First 6 I killed it on my pala as tank, though i did also progress both the last 2 on it. Kill on G'huun was with my MW.

Previous Guilds:

First official wow guild was named High Priest Ninjas, joined it on late WoD and left it before EN started due to drama in the guild. Shortly after I joined Damnbusters in the same realm, the raid group of that guild split off from it and formed it's own guild called Transcendance (exactly same raid team just different non-raiding officers and a bunch of socials left behind).
Due to irl priorities taking over the RL/GM had to stop raiding and Transcendance essentially died, this during Cenarius progress. Joined some time after Almighty Sisters who had the same progress as us and had lost many raiders over the holydays.
This was the guild i stuck with until G'huun, eventually becoming an officer (around late NH i believe) tough to be perfectly honest I did not do much as an officer, the one thing I can say I did help a decent amount with was fight research. Uldir progress burnt me out and I wasn't the only, the RL wanted to step down, with no one to take over his role and multiple people quitting we were forced to disband.

Availability:

For I am mostly available every day after 19:45-ish server time every week day and fully available through the weekends. Though week day schedule will get more busy somewhat soon.

Communication:

Yes to all.
Not to try to brag, but I think my proficiency in spoken English is not too far from a native speaker.
Have a good quality mic.

Computer / Connection:

My system is essentially overkill for wow so yes.
With very rare exceptions of days where I may have a few tiny (seconds long) disconnects, yes.

Addons/UI:

Bartender, Shadowed Unit Frames, Weak Auras (spec specific mostly made by me, fight specific when necessary), Exorsus Raid Tool, DeadlyBossMods and Details.
https://puu.sh/CxbT5/3db2629016.jpg
https://puu.sh/CxbTx/cd7acde6e6.jpg

Other Games:

Lately barely anything lately, a little bit of Rainbow Six Siege, very occasional LoL or Vermintide 2.

Why Iron Edge?

Because it looks to have the perfect casual and chill atmosphere while still trying to do some content that I'm currently looking for

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Good performance and knowledge on multiple classes, good fight preparation and a light mood.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress

Last Words?

As you've noticed I hopped between classes a lot in the past but I have also when necessary played alts for a specific fight. At the moment though i think I've finally settled on the role i really want to play, which is tank.

January 16, 2019, 02:14:34 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Tank) - Zepe (XR)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 02:14:34 pm »
Hello there.

Thank you both for posting. I would like to reiterate a few things:

1. The Weekend Raid pushes as much as they can for the mythic content. That doesn't mean we clear it with just 1 day/week.
2. Our raid teams are exclusive. Meaning that you can't just jump into any team whenever you think it would just suit you best. If you apply for one, you are most likely going to stick to it.

I will post this on both apps, just to make sure these points are understood by the both of you.
Ba dun tss!

January 17, 2019, 09:45:58 pm
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Tank) - Zepe (XR)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:45:58 pm »
Hello again.

Wrote on your girlfriend's app as well.

You can poke an officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:06:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

47 Guests, 0 Users