Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Sneakietv

February 27, 2019, 07:36:46 pm
Read 4817 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Sneakietv
« on: February 27, 2019, 07:36:46 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Sneakietv
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Sneakietv/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Jeffrey, 30, The Netherlands, I work as a developer for a software company.

Class/Spec:

Blood (main-spec ), As a Death Knigh i prefer to tank, because of it's amazing self healing it is a very strong tanking class. ilvl 396

As Blood DK im trying to balance my stats i mosty use sim tools to sim the optimal stats.
For the rotation as a tank it really depens on the situation most of the times you want to build up your bone shields, if needed then i use Dark Command to keep aggro on me at all times.

When all enemies near me have the debuff Blood Plague i use Blood Boil.
For cooldowns i use them when needed when a big hit comes or i see when healers have issues getting me up.

Alts:

Priest, Rogue, Druid, Demon Hunter all 120

Professions:

None on this charater on alts: Herb/Alg , Tailoring / mining

Raiding Experience:

In Vanilla: I played as mage and did Molten Core
In TBC: I played as Priest Holy. Cleared all
In WotLK: I played as Priest Holy, Cleared all
In Cata: I played as Druid Tank, Cleared till Firelands
In Mist: I played Priest Holy, Cleared
In WoD: I played Priest Holy, Cleared
In Legion: I played Priest Holy, Till Aggramar HC ( took a break here )

Previous Guilds:

Last Guild: Prógressive, reason for leaving me and some friends started it but my friends do not want to make a progression guild where you progress as a guild they rather pug. So this is the main reason for leaving it. My friends are doing the same thing now

Availability:

I work from 9 to 5ish everyday only 1 day in the month ( mostly end of the month ) on Thursday we have release night where we all work till very late. Thats the only day i can't raid.

Communication:

Yes, Yes i have TeamSpeak and yes i have a mic.

Computer / Connection:

PC specs:
I3 8100
32 GB Ram
2x M2 SSD, 500GB
1x SSD 250GB
1x Harddrive 2tb
GTX 1050TI

Network: https://www.speedtest.net/result/8074606442.png
700 mbit's download
422 mbit's upload

Addons/UI:

My ui:
ElvUI
WeakAura's 2
DBM

Other Games:

CS:GO

Why Iron Edge?

I would like to join Iron Edge because im looking for a guild that is aiming for progress and having people with the same goals, i want to start aiming more to hardcore ish raiding and maybe even someday compete against Method who knows.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A dedicated and loyal player who is ready to help with progression and is always on time and ready.
With 100% focus.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I looked on google and found the website, looked around and liked what i saw!

Last Words?

If you might not need a Death Knight i'm willing to switch main's to any of my alts, i don't mind playing a different class, even if i need to learn the class ill be learning it fast! i work in a office you ill be having youtube on 24/7 to watch videos about the class and spec that i need to learn this way you can learn from other adapt and make it your own!.

February 27, 2019, 11:48:43 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Sneakietv
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 11:48:43 pm »
Hi Sneakietv,

Your application is rather thin on the ground and whilst you may of felt you have answered the questions well it does come across as a poorly attempt of an application which may give others a poor first appearance, this extraction below perked some interest to say the least

Why Iron Edge?

I would like to join Iron Edge because im looking for a guild that is aiming for progress and having people with the same goals, i want to start aiming more to hardcore ish raiding and maybe even someday compete against Method who knows.

Iron Edge is a casual 2 day a week mythic raid guild, yes we have other teams too but none that i would call hardcore. I do not believe that Iron Edge will ever want to be that hardcore in terms of raiding (my views are not in anyway assoicated with the managements), would this potentially mean that once you have mythic gear and experience in BFA, would you than use us as a stepping stone to fulfil your raiding desires?

Good luck on the apply

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

February 28, 2019, 02:13:15 pm
Reply #2

Offline SneakGaming

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 02:13:15 pm »
Sorry if you find my application thin, im not verry good in making applications but i do try my best,

To awnser your question, Hardcore raiding issnt even possible for me anymore because i do have a job and a son.
So when i say competing with Method i do not mean it in getting WF before them because for me this issnt even possible i do not even have the time for this.

And no joining the guild will not be just a stepping stone to get to my desire to raid, My desire is getting there with the guild. And like i said i'm a loyal player who sticks with a guild.

Also for anyone who would like to know more about me personal or application related feel free to ask me.

February 28, 2019, 03:37:20 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 03:37:20 pm »
Hi Sneak,

I think your application is pretty good, but your level of commitment is a little concerning. We're a very casual bunch who try to get mythic clears before the end of the content cycle.

To awnser your question, Hardcore raiding issnt even possible for me anymore because i do have a job and a son.
So when i say competing with Method i do not mean it in getting WF before them because for me this issnt even possible i do not even have the time for this.

So if by "compete" you didn't mean "compete", what did you mean by it? :D
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 28, 2019, 04:07:36 pm
Reply #4

Offline SneakGaming

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 04:07:36 pm »
Hi Sneak,

I think your application is pretty good, but your level of commitment is a little concerning. We're a very casual bunch who try to get mythic clears before the end of the content cycle.

So if by "compete" you didn't mean "compete", what did you mean by it? :D

What i mean with that is more the knowlage of raids and be able to clear mythic easly, also gaining more knowlage about classes ect, so you are at there level with that. And to be able to create your own tactics and weakaura's for fights.

Like i said going for wf is not really an option for my anyways. But clearing it before the end of the content.

And therefore 2 days a week raiding is more then enough for me, or else my girlfriend would not be happy. And she is fine with 2 days a week. She also plays, she also like raiding but i'm trying to teach her how to play her class / rotations ect.

March 01, 2019, 05:34:14 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 05:34:14 pm »
Alright, I think I understand.

We'll get back to you shortly to see if we can fit you into the roster.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

March 02, 2019, 12:08:39 am
Reply #6

Offline SneakGaming

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 12:08:39 am »
Nice to hear, ill be waiting for the response.

March 04, 2019, 03:32:39 pm
Reply #7

Offline Moghoulkhan

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 03:32:39 pm »
Hi Sneak

Fellow DK here - couple of quick questions for you:

1. Could you provide a screenshot of your UI (in combat);
2. You mention above “when enemies near me have the debuff blood plague I use Blood Boil” - is that what you meant to type?
3. Which sites do you use to sim your character primarily? I ask because consensus is seems to be that survivibility sims arent great and the tool is of limited value for progression raiding.

Good luck with the application.

M

March 04, 2019, 08:32:37 pm
Reply #8

Offline SneakGaming

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 08:32:37 pm »
Hey Moghoulkhan,

Yes i here you have the screenshot.

Yes it should be "when enemies near me have the debuff blood plague I use Blood Boil" indeed, sometimes my English writing is not the best i'm sorry although speaking is not an issue i speak better then i write English.

I used https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc/wiki/SimcForTanks quite alot and because i'm a developer i can change edit stuff to my wishes and because its opensource you are allowed to :), i could make my project on this public so other tanks could try to sim their character, i'm still working on this project to make it perfect ofcourse,

Like i made a admin panel for Fivem (gtav) where server owners can manage there server ( if they use ESX ) which is the most used framework for fivem roleplay server. Link: https://esx-panel.com

So yeah i do like to make my own custom tools :)

March 05, 2019, 06:14:52 pm
Reply #9

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 06:14:52 pm »
Hey Jeffrey,
Nice application and we appreciate you being patient and answering our questions while we made a decision. Unfortunately I'm going to decline the application. We're in a pretty good place as far as tanks go, myself being one of them. If it wasn't for the fact we had 4 DKs on the roster already, I may have reconsidered and had you play dps with the use of Blood should we need it, but as it stands I just don't think we can fit you in. We did consider your alts but we're not really in need of any of your alt classes either, regardless of rerolling being far from ideal.

Saying that; if you want to join as social until an opportunity arises, then you're more than welcome to do so. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck in finding a guild.
Thanks for showing an interest in Iron Edge!
- Shimmar

March 05, 2019, 07:10:35 pm
Reply #10

Offline SneakGaming

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 07:10:35 pm »
Hey Shimmar,

To bad i could not fit into the roster, although i would love to join as Social until something opens up. And if there is a class that is needed into the rooster i would love to know so i could level it and gear is asap and might have a shot into the roster, in the meantime i could be a social.

March 05, 2019, 07:23:15 pm
Reply #11

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 07:23:15 pm »
Okay great. Feel free to poke an officer for an invite.
Welcome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:46:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

73 Guests, 0 Users