Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mythic+ Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Leyawiín

March 26, 2019, 12:07:07 am
Read 3634 times

Applicant

Mythic+ Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Leyawiín
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:07:07 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a Mythic+ member.

Character: Leyawiín
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Leyawi%C3%ADn/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Mythic+

Personal Info:

My name is Charlie. I'm a 24 year old female from Leicester in England. I work as a cell biologist, currently running qPCR and my own project on telomerase expression brought on by steroidal saponins. I will be taking my PhD within the next two years once my enjoyment in industry has worn out and I am ready to dedicate time to it.

Other than this, I dedicate time to my following online (primarily facebook and ig) while also experimenting with makeup looks and looking after my extensive reptile collection. I currently have 8 snakes between me and my partner, our biggest is 14ft but he's still growing.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is retri but I have run holy as an offspec in the past. I have been playing this class for many many years now and enjoy it, obviously our dmg isn't the best right now but I feel like that can really be pushed in m+ instead of single target.

Alts:

I have one relevant alt which is a holy priest - I haven't levelled it up yet as I am only 2 weeks back.

Professions:

Alchemy - cuts down on pot/flask costs for m raiding over time.
Enchanting - cuts down on enchanting costs over time/DE makes money.

Mythic+ Experience:

I recently came back to WoW two weeks ago after a break from 7.2.5 onwards and I am looking to push my score as much as possible. In 7.2.5 I had a score of 1,434m+ with +13 on each dungeon minimum. I feel like I could have pushed this higher with a more dedicated group and if I was not also trying for mythic raid progress at the same time (all of this can be seen on my rio page).

I really enjoy pushing my limits as a retri spec in m+ and seeing the nice cleave that comes with it haha. Furthermore, I think this is best done with people you can become friends with, having fun and competing together for progress across the board.

Previous Guilds:

Currently - Premeditated. I wish to leave this guild, they're great guys but they aren't active and you can't joke about anything without someone being upset (I think it's fun to have jokes and fun during stuff). We also have no raiding group, we have 5 people who regularly turn up and another 2 that aren't bothered to do so, this is obviously infuriating as I wish to push myself as much as possible and feel that I can't do that here.

Prior to joining Kazzak, In 7.2.5 I was in defias-brotherhood with a guild called 'The Betrayed' raiding on their first team for cutting edge (unfortunately we did not achieve this but did clear 4/5 at the time). I left because I came back recently and felt that Defias didn't have much to offer me in terms of pushing my own self due to population.

Availability:

As I am self employed currently, I choose my working times. This means that should you need me at 4pm on a monday, i got you - or even 1pm on another day. As long as I have prior info on when i'm needed, i can accommodate any timings.

Communication:

I am English so I am proficient in this. I generally use discord at the moment but would be willing to speak and use Teamspeak 3. I have a microphone and headset which I use a lot at current.

System / Connection:

I run a i5-8400 CPU, Z370 Motherboard, 16GB Ram, 1060 6GB GPU and 100mbp/s fibre internet connection so I have no issues with any system/connection on WoW. My ping is stable at around 20.

Addons/UI:

https://leyawiin123.imgbb.com/

Other Games:

I play primarily single player RPG's such as Dark souls but I also do play runescape from time to time. WoW is the only one I grind day in day out.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron edge for the social and opportunities you bring. It really feels like there's something for every player here at Iron Edge and I would love to be a part of this while I push myself as far as I can.

What I can offer Iron Edge:

I can offer a fun, friendly person who is willing to learn at any chance. If you want playful banter in chats, then I am for you!

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

Wowprog

Last Words:

No last words. Thanks for reading this far!

March 26, 2019, 07:39:04 am
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Mythic+ Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Leyawiín
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 07:39:04 am »
Hi leyawin,

I like the application, detailed enough for the officers to make a decision on without mountains of rambling.

Just to clarify, your aren't interested in any level of raiding are you and strictly to mythic + only?  I have noticed there's a guild ie of yours who has applied, do these applications rely on each other or if we declined one of you would the other withdraw from applying?

Good luck on the apply
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:45:27 am by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

March 27, 2019, 09:39:20 am
Reply #2

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 09:39:20 am »
Hi Charlie,

What Vejeta has said is your application for M+ role, or a raiding role.  We have 3 raids within IE, main raid (Thursday and Mondays), Weekend raid and the ToT raid which raids on a Wednesday.  The progression of each are at different levels but are all filled with high calibre of individuals.

If you could clarify so we know how to have your application reviewed correctly, if its just M+ I will have a few questions for you but good application with a fair bit of detail.

Thanks
Paul

March 31, 2019, 02:45:51 pm
Reply #3

Offline Leyawiin

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 02:45:51 pm »
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Firstly to address the guild member who applied, that is my partner and no we are not reliant upon each others application being approved or likewise, declined. We are realistic about what it means to be a melee class returning after break mid BfA, i.e. the spots are taken or the roles are unwanted.

In relation to that, as a Retribution Paladin with limited experience this expansion (I am currently 3/9M), I need to be realistic about what I can and can't offer a guild. Ultimately, I would love to be raiding again (should there be a space) and would dedicate time for this. However, I understand that melee spots are generally taken - to which is the reason I have applied for M+.

During 7.1.5, I found that pushing keys was one of the most rewarding and fun aspects of this game, besides pushing cutting edge progress. I would be happy to primarily push myself at my current level to propel myself into higher (and more rewarding) keys for the competitive aspect alone, should there be no spaces on any of your teams. For me, this would be great.

If you wish to speak to me more directly about M+ or any other part of my application, I will include my discord and battle.net tags. Otherwise, I will (fingers crossed) get an email to respond here.

I hope this clears up where I am more thoroughly.
Loving the DB name by the way.

Peas and carrots,
Leyawiin.

Discord: charlie#3166
B.Net: charliehicks#2728

April 02, 2019, 11:35:49 am
Reply #4

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 11:35:49 am »
Hi Again,

Thanks for responding,

I am happy to offer you a m+ spot, the activity of M+ is based on people availability rather then a solid schedule.  When your on and others on, ask around :)

If you know how to tank as a pallie, could bring huge opportunity as we're always lacking in this space.

Cheers
Paul

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:56:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 1 User
Rash