Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Adernain

April 09, 2019, 03:05:46 pm
Read 3068 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Adernain
« on: April 09, 2019, 03:05:46 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Adernain
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Adernain/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Stelios from Republic of Cyprus, currently 5th year Med student in Germany.

Class/Spec:

I am mainly playing protection paladin but can also play competitively as ret as I did this tier due to some reasons. I am playing protection paladin since WotLK and it's the spec and class that always interested me. Despite my alts it's what I love playing the most. Tanking gives me more responsibility and a unique role in each raid.
My ilvl is 416 as prot and 414 as ret with 48lvl HoA.

As protection I excell in mitigating both sources of damage, magical and physical. I also offer as prot great utility with different Blessings, can ignore/cheese many one-shot or dangerous abilities via Divine shield/Spellwarding and also Final Stand talent, thus enabling the raid to avoid tank swaps like Rastakhan Mythic where I can solo Bwonsamdi, reset stacks on various bosses with the said abilities and also save some healer mana or CDs and give them the chance to use it otherwhere. This makes Protection paladins great offtanks in raids. My priority is ilvl because it gives me my most important stats, strength and armor, then haste>mastery>vers>crit. But all these stats are fairly close to each other so I value ilvl a little more compared to other tanks or specs. My priority is to have high uptime of Shield of the Righteous, while always siting in Consecration which reduces my damage intake. I keep prioritizing to have Judgement on 1 of 2 casts,  because it reducses the CD of SotR, and also use AS on cd or proc because it empowers my next SotR ability. If both are on CD i use HotR in order to have a chance of reseting AS, so I can empower my SotR once more.

As ret I produce my resource, Holy power and spend it. Even though ret is considered one of the easiest specs to play dps, understanding which ability to prioritize over one other leads to better damage output, compared to keyboard smashing as many think. The whole system revovles around 3 HP producers, 4 if specced into HoW, and 2 spenders, one for ST and one for MT, while taking advantage of talents and traits in order to increase my overall damage like Inquisition, and also keep offensive CDs like Wings always on CD in order to increase my output. I could speak all day about the whole rotation but the general priority is: Inquisition on 99% uptime, TV at 5 HP, WoA at 0 HP or 1 HP if BoJ remains in GCD for more than 2 GCDs, BoJ, Judge, HoW, Cons at 2 charges or 4 HP. Divine Purpse or Empyreal Power procs follow the same priority. Important is to follow judgement with TV if on ST and not an EP proc because the judgement debuff will benefit my TV way more than the free DS proc.

Alts:

Yes I have a geared at 410ilvl protection warrior alt with 46ilvl HoA. Also play fury occasionaly. If I manage to gear him the same as my paladin I would love to swap between tanks in raids.

Professions:

Jc/BS on my main. Always had them since WotLK because I loved the meta rings and extra sockets. Now I keep JC for free gems and BS mainly for money making by selling stirrups. Got almost all BFA recipes at rank 3.

Raiding Experience:

Currently I am at 6/9M BoD, 6/8M Uldir with 0,3% Ghuun best try. In Legion I started playing back in MArch 2018 after ltos of years, and wanted to play casually so only managed 2/11M there. Didnt try to push like I did in BFA where I wanted to play semi-hardcore. Before that the thing I am most proud of is Lich King 10 Heroic back in 3.3 where I was the main tank of my guild, where we managed 10/12 heroic 25 man ICC. Basically WotLK was the expansion I played at full and cleared all content in its own patch.

Previous Guilds:

I was in Sodium Chloride on Silvermoon EU Alliance. I left because I was always horde until last year where I came back, and I wanted to play horde once more. I always missed the horde side and races, but the price to server and faction change was too high for me for 2 characters, so I took advantage of the 30% sales on the changes. No particular reasons for leaving the guild, they were great guides. The only thing I didn't like were the cliques they had in the guild, like officers and best friends took priority in M+ runs etc, and because I am not a very talkative person I always stayed behind.

Availability:

I am available full time up until July where I have my finals. I dont have any lessons during the raiding hours so that won't be a problem. Only reasons I might miss a raid is a visit from someone at my place, like my GF.

Communication:

Yes I speak english, german, greek fluently, I have teamspeak even though I rarely use it. And yes I have a mic and I use it when I have to.

Computer / Connection:

Yes I have a gaming laptop. 40-100 Fps is my normal. My internet speed is 20mbps, and my ping ingame is 20-30MS. It's stable unless i pull a cable with my foot.

Addons/UI:

WeakAuras with various customizations to see my abilities beneath my character, PhoGuild WA that shows the DBM CDs in a bar right of my character, and other WA important for raiding. Bartender, DBM, RCLoot Council, MSBT, Platter, RSA.
https://imgur.com/a/A9U2mdN, sorry for not being in a raid enviroment but dont have anything else. Expect the Bliz UI raid frames at the left and DBM at the right.

Other Games:

Mainly Hearthstone, Clash of clans on mobile, Crusader Stronghold and Rome Total War 2 on PC.

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking for a guild of around equal progress to mine, that raids 2 nights a week and mainly on weekdays not on weekend, and is also in search of my class I am playing. From your site you seem to know what you are doing and to be cool persons.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A player always prepared and sticky to raids, that won't complain if benched or having a wipefest, since raiding is what I love doing. Always ready to hear critisism, I even ask by myself about my mistakes and how you see them in order to push myself and fix anything wrong. I am also well aware of my class and always searching to improve my gamestyle. I could same I am a serious person at the right time and a funny when I have to. Also a tank to push m+ with.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Found you on wowprogress.

Last Words?

Looking forward to your reply.

April 14, 2019, 02:13:46 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Adernain
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 02:13:46 pm »
Hi there, Stelios.
Sorry for keeping you waiting. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in our ranks.
I'm sure you will have no trouble finding a suited guild. Good luck to you!

May 19, 2019, 04:03:27 pm
Reply #2

Offline Adernain

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 04:03:27 pm »
Hello again. After my application to your guild I joined my current guild. Unfortunately 2 weeks after me joining them, the guild fell apart and half the guild, including the raid leader. I stayed to help out but it seems it's not getting fixed so I want to move forward. You are one of the few guilds that still have open recruitment so I decided to give it another shot after having a chat with Nashor from your guild who told me to do so. Looking forward to a reply.

May 20, 2019, 06:39:44 pm
Reply #3

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 06:39:44 pm »
Hi Adernain,
Thanks for getting back in touch.
So not much I need to ask, but there are a couple of points that need to be made clear:
The Tank role is the easiest to play which gives more time to do everything else.
We need a tank that can be analytical and critical of the raid, be it player performance and activity, or potential improvements or contributions to strategy.
We need someone who can speak clear English and communicate quickly and concisely with the neccessary people. Being vocal is something we do appreciate and seek in new raiders - especially tanks.
Finally, we need someone who can tank along side their co-tank with synergy, to the point where nothing needs to be said. Ofcourse, I appreciate this would take time, but you'll know what I mean if you've experienced this yourself.

It is alot to ask, but these are big boots to fill. We currently run only 2 tanks on our roster, both with upwards of 95% attendance. If you can offer the above, and meet a similar level of commitment, you'll do well here.

The offspec ret is a bonus, however we do have a large amount of melee dps at the moment so the opportunity to use it in raids may not present itself.

I can tell from your application that you know how to play your class. Despite what I have already said above, you look like you could be a good addition. Is there anything more you wish to add to convince me that you are the right Tank for the job?

Thanks,
Shimmar
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:42:04 pm by Shimmar »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:48:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

85 Guests, 0 Users