Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Hunter (DPS) - Morvax

July 13, 2019, 11:15:14 am
Read 2493 times

Applicant

Social Application - Hunter (DPS) - Morvax
« on: July 13, 2019, 11:15:14 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Morvax
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Morvax/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hi all, I'm Juho. 31 years old Finnish guy. I work as software developer in variety of projects and consulting jobs. Main language is naturally finnish, but I have had to use english in professional, studying and social circles since I was young, so I consider myself proficient.

Class/Spec:

I'm currently playing hunter because I found new passion for the style of gameplay, the concept and idea of my character, which also is big part of my enjoyment for playing. I've mostly always played melee characters, and then eventually I got to playing a boomkin druid, and then lately in this expansion hunter more seriously after having played hunters as alts in past. Some may consider it downside if we look at super serious mythic progression, but I do partly play the game as avid consumer of roleplaying games and concepts, so aesthetics and style does appeal to me as part of it all. I did play retribution in BC when it was really bad but I made it work in some instances and my guild trusted me to carry my weight even if I was not top DPS (when I was not tanking).

I enjoy hunter for few things. Pets as additional part of defining my character, and variety of options for my own survivability and utility. The variety of focus and style of play in different specs is also big part on the class.

Currently I enjoy survival for combining some melee and mid-range potential with good movement and steady cleave and aoe capability.

Alts:

I do have couple previous characters. I do not play alts generally, as I fully focus on what I play at the time. Over the years I have changed primary character and left others in the background, because of need in the guild (lack of range, lack of specific class and variety) and then I've stuck to a new class.

I have the following in high levels:
Morennel 120 DK
Ilchruthach 120 Druid Boomkin

Then from legion days I got
110 Rogue
110 Warrior
110 Paladin

Professions:

I got mining and engineering on my hunter (goblin). Cooking up as well. DK has blacksmithing and holds some legion recipes, nothing big. It does have the core hound recipe, though I do not consider it too rare.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I've played since Vanilla, so I've experienced most content, if not in first waves, then in second or third passing.

Raiding wise I've raided all content, except I did not take much part in Ahn'Qiraj as it was 06 and I was finishing up studies and doing my mandatory army time starting the summer.

BC I raided as Paladin Tank, and did pretty much all raids as Main/Secondary tank, depending on situation.

WotLK I raided as DK and with my OG vanilla warrior, as DPS in all capacity.

I did not do much Cataclysm, Pandaria and Warlords. Life took turn where I wanted change and I took a good break from wow, only casually playing it here and there.

Legion I raided all content, Emerald and Nighthold quite seriously, some to Mythic with the guild I was in, but as many fell to work / life and burning out, it slowly fells to more slow burn playing.

BfA I have enjoyed more casual play. I did Uldir, but then have had a break to sort out new job and finish up big projects since the end of last year. The old guild I've been part of for couple years here and there ended up falling bit apart so I have not searched a new one since.

Previous Guilds:

I've not been in that many guilds over the years but I am bad with names. I usually pay attention to people I play with, and moments I experience, not really specific details.

Al'Akir times I think it was Desecration I raided the most content with after the start, but the group changed name couple times before.

Stormreaver in old days I can't remember the guilds as they eventually disbanded and can't see any records of them.

Since Legion times I've played in Kazzak:
Disappear - Left eventually as they fell to bit of a disorder and raids were not quite happening anymore. At the time I wanted to do more raid and even mythic content, but many people were falling behind and not appearing to raids or things, so after months it felt a bit of a waste of time for me who had limited time to play, and could not do it when I wanted to.

Bloodseeker - I have played here mostly since then, even in BfA. Good guys, fun and I've enjoyed it with them. Stuck to it since people have been great and capable, so we were able to do anything we had time and numbers for. But eventually most have fell out of the game and now since I've returned after a bit of a break and might be able to play casually and maybe do some raiding too eventually, I am looking for people are around, as well.

I don't tend to leave guilds unless it's for inactivity or disbanding, or me really wanting more progress and there seemingly being no hope to get there with the group. I doubt I have desires for that super hardcore situation, or it being issue of ability in this guild. Or lastly, if we don't get along for some reason. Has been the case once in past I recall, where the aggressiveness of people involved was simply not my style.

Availability:

I do the usual daytime work, so generally I am available in evenings / weekends, pending any normal social life, trips or events.

Communication:

Yes, I do consider myself proficient. I don't have Teamspeak, and prefer Discord, but I use what the group uses as I have in past. And I do hold a headset, sennheiser quality headsets I've enjoyed for a decade in few versions.

Computer / Connection:

i7 - 7700k, 2080ti and 16 gig of ddr4 ram.
I got fiber connection so it's as stable as it gets pending any problems outside of my control. No lag or issues as far as I am aware.

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/D3TxMKT

I use ElvUi and BenikUi as a base, having customed it to my use.

Big/LittleWigs for bossmods
Plater nameplates
Weak auras, often from Afenar, which I may edit or move around a bit. I don't use too many boss / encounter weak auras, as I like to play with visuals and sounds. Some specific and important ones for encounters with the guilds.

Other Games:

Destiny 2 has been a game I've played, but gone bit inactive.
Rainbow Six Siege and Division 2 with my younger Brother.
Divinity: Original Sin 2, playing the campaign slowly with longtime friend

Why Iron Edge?

My friend recommended this to me. You have variety of activity in the group, from serious to more relaxed and casual. Main point is, I don't know my future or preferences with certainty in future, but I'd like there to be good, decent people with healthy approach to the game. That way we can do things together when there's time and motivation, and we know each will pull their weight and get their game faces on when it matters. I am relaxed and enjoy fun, but I want to be serious when we do things so we don't waste time of others or ourselves.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I consider myself capable. Very good at paying attention and adapting quickly. I'm pretty quiet and relaxed, not so social in that aspect, but once I do warm up I like to think I am approachable and can be trusted to help around when it's possible. I also don't like to hop around, so I am joining with intention of staying around if there is no reason for me to leave eventually. Whether it's due to my own life situation and resulting complete inactivity or me somehow deciding I want to go full hardcore and there not being room in main team (This is rather unlikely at this stage of life, but just for the sake of argument).

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

My friend Lambic pointed you out.

Last Words?

Uh.

July 13, 2019, 11:39:53 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Hunter (DPS) - Morvax
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 11:39:53 pm »
Hello!

Pretty nice and detailed app. We like that.
You should get your friend on the forum and vouch for you though!
Ba dun tss!

July 14, 2019, 10:18:30 am
Reply #2

Offline lambic

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 10:18:30 am »
Hey,

I can definately vouch for this dude, I've been playing with him since the latter part of WoD.
He'll be a great addition to any guild in my opinion. 

July 20, 2019, 06:40:33 pm
Reply #3

Offline Morvax

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 06:40:33 pm »
Thought to check how the situation feels. Being summer and all, I decided to check after a week so there's some time for folks to see and give their piece before asking about the status.

July 20, 2019, 06:44:58 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 06:44:58 pm »
Hello again, Juho.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Please poke any officer for an invite!
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:17:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

79 Guests, 0 Users