Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Seisao

November 23, 2019, 01:57:35 am
Read 2719 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Seisao
« on: November 23, 2019, 01:57:35 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Seisao
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Seisao/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Heyo, my name's Markus and I'm a 20 year old student from Stockholm, Sweden. Currently I'm finishing up some courses that I need for university next year. :) My big passions in life are music (especially the guitar), gaming, astronomy, physics and finance.

Class/Spec:

Currently playing Fury (431 with Benthic / 436 without) but I'm able to play both Arms (431) and Prot (428) as well. I currently prefer to play Fury as it performs better and I also find the rotation way more fun.

I simulate everything since there's always a chance an item with your "worst" stats actually gets you past a haste breakpoint etc. However as a Fury Warrior with 3 CSHB traits, Crit is pretty much always king.

Fury has a very easy rotation which can be summarised as: Rampage > Siegebreaker > Execute > Bloodthirst > Dragon Roar > Raging Blow > Whirlwind. Cooldowns used on CD or when needed. As with most classes the most up to date information can always be found either on Icy-Veins or Discord etc.

What I believe differentiates a good Warrior from a bad Warrior is knowledge of when to save CD's, being able to quickly react to a sudden Rampage proc as well usage of macros/weakauras.

Alts:

Alts I have at 120 are: a Monk (423), a DK (390) and a newly boosted Warlock (390). I also have a Mage at 110 which I am planning on leveling up. I want to bring my Warlock and possibly DK into 8.3 and beyond.

Professions:

Engineering, Mining. Professions don't matter a whole lot in BFA but Engineering has a craftable Azerite piece which is nice, as well as a lot of consumable QoL stuff. :)
The only cool recipes I have are on old alts.

Raiding Experience:

I've always played DK DPS in raids. I started out casually raiding at the end of HFC. Managed to clear up to Mannoroth before Legion dropped. In Legion I wanted to play more seriously.

Summary of Legion:
EN: 5/7M                 (casual, techincally have 7/7 CE but was during ToV)
ToV: 2/3M                (casual)
NH: 10/10M CE        (semi-hardcore #165 Gul'dan)
ToS: 9/9H                (didn't raid M)
ABT: 11/11M CE       (semi-hardcore with kills ranging from ~#1000-300)

During Antorus I was one of the higher ranking Frost DK's:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/33497350?zone=17&mode=detailed

I stopped playing early BFA because of burn-out and real-life responsibilities.

Currently 8/8H EP. Warrior logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/seisao#difficulty=4

Previous Guilds:

Desires-Ravencrest (Disbanded)
Deference-Ravencrest (GM was missing, officers didn't want to deal with it, Epoch asked me to join)
Epoch-Ragnaros (Raided with them until after Gul'dan, became a social, left many months later to start raiding again)
Unacceptable-TarrenMill (Guild fell apart during Argus progress, got an offer to join Circinus)
Circinus-Kazzak (Went into Uldir but quickly got burned out after no-lifing since BFA release, during my time away they stopped raiding)

And here I am now looking for a new home. :^)

Availability:

My schedule is extremely flexible at the moment so I can mix and match my time pretty much however I want. After summer next year this will most likely change because of University but shouldn't be too bad. I'm always away for a day or two on most of the big holidays like Christmas, Easter etc.

Communication:

Yes to everything!

Computer / Connection:

Computer is up to date and runs at good FPS during raids. I don't get stutters and connection is stable. Ping is around 20-30 ms. Problems can always come out of nowhere but I've been steady for quite a while now.

Addons/UI:

Angry Assignments: Notes
BigWigs: Does some things better than WeakAuras
Details: Meters
Exorsus Raid Tools: QoL and statistics
RCLootCouncil: Loot addon I've used in most guilds
Simulationcraft: For Raidbots simming
WeakAuras 2: CD tracking as well as a multitude of other things
ElvUI: Extremely customizable UI

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/JWd1QAJ.png

Other Games:

Currently, League of Legends (Plat) and Teamfight Tactics (Plat). I do play other games as well just not nearly as much.

Why Iron Edge?

I've been looking for a community that's tight-knit and you really seem like one. I want to raid without extreme expectations but enough to promote good progress. I also want to find a cozy guild for the upcoming patch and prehaps next expansion as well.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A quite autistic level of min-maxing, a laid-back attitude and a noisy keyboard. Other than that I guess I'm a team-oriented player who isn't afraid to take constructive criticism. I'd say I'm always well prepared and in time and I listen to the raid-leader.

I'm always up for some chill League games or M+. :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress!

Last Words?

Is that a threat?

November 23, 2019, 03:30:14 pm
Reply #1

Offline Bouncy

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Seisao
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 03:30:14 pm »
Very nice app!  :)

November 26, 2019, 09:30:42 pm
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Seisao
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 09:30:42 pm »
Hey there Markus,
Nice application all looks good. We're currently progressing queen azshara so there's room for new blood as we slowly approach 8.3. With your gear in its current state I'm slightly reluctant to accept you as a trial for this tier, however I'm willing to offer a trial for 8.3 regardless.
So in other words I'll accept you now, but if you can't compete right now, then we'll demote to social and retrial for 8.3.
If this sounds acceptable to you, let me know. If not; pitch 😉

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:58:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

75 Guests, 5 Users
Spetsnaz, mortos, Lethys, Rash, Wali