Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mythic+ Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - Sørvin (XR)

December 29, 2019, 11:39:38 am
Read 2940 times

Applicant

Mythic+ Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - Sørvin (XR)
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:39:38 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a Mythic+ member.

Character: Sørvin
Server: Doomhammer
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Doomhammer/S%C3%B8rvin/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Mythic+

Personal Info:

Ian, 35, Nottingham (UK), full time working professional, married, have the best puppy in the world (sorry Phoenixflame).

Class/Spec:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/doomhammer/sørvin

I personally love playing druid for the amount of utility it has and an ability to have both healing and ranged dps on one toon. With the current meta, I've found it a lot easier to push keys as a restoration druid and healing is a role I really enjoy - very different having come from a ranged DPS background (raid main, 6/8M, is BM Hunter).

However, I do also enjoy being able to switch out to boomkin and nuke bosses too and not worry about keeping the spikey-DK alive.

I love my BM Hunter - and I'll keep him as a levelled alt going forward. BfA is being really unkind to alts and keeping both my hunter and both druid specs top-tier has been a full-time job with my guild’s Mythic progression!

Alts:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/doomhammer/sorvin
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/doomhammer/sorvín

Not played a lot of PvP, only for the essences (BOTE/CnS on my hunter, just CnS on my druid). However, I do actually quite like PvP on my druid as a Rdru and if there are like minded dps who want to push arena rating I wouldn't be against it!

Professions:

Druid: Alchemy/Herbalism - pots and gold
Hunter: Jewlcrafting/leatherworking - all for the ring, pants and boots to help progression
Monk: Enchanting/Inscription - vantus runes and highborne compendium of storms are stupid expensive on my dead realm, so took for bit of gold making and for providing guild with runes

Mythic+ Experience:

My main experience of M+ is in 8.2. I've been playing WoW for around 7 months now, so compared to most I'm 'new' so don't have many stories to tell other than growing a thick skin very quickly having started Season 2 as a BM Hunter, not really knowing exactly what I'm doing, and discovering the term 'huntard' :)

Looking back at me then compared to now is really satisfying. I'm a 2k player, not scared of affixes and wanting to play with a team that plans routes, pulls, snaps etc effectively then executes the plan on high keys.

My Season 4 aim is 2.5k+ - let's see how it goes.

Previous Guilds:

No real guilds previous to the one I'm in to talk of. I joined a few beginner guilds, no organisation or real activity, when I joined WoW. Left them mainly because they were dead and joined Descendants.

This guild is great - really nice group of people, very active and fun, and have been my first experience of mythic raiding also.

However, they focus more on the social than the competitive and live in a dead realm, making benching non-existent and the ability to fill raid spots impossible.

We've missed so many missed raid nights due to 1 person not being around, had so many failed pulls due to people making the same mistakes over and over, or refusing to gear properly/change essences/specs, but impossible to do anything about because we can just scrape 20 together that night, so we push on trying to squeeze a square-peg in a round hole.

The groups idea of progression has been more centred around waiting for everyone to out-gear the encounter and for boss nerfs on check-encounters, rather than get better strategically. This is tough to be a part of mentally and doesn't make progression raiding very satisfying. Every kill feels like 'thank f*** that is over' rather than really beating the encounter - and reclearing isn't a given :)

I would be looking to raid in this guild as much as I would M+. I'll fill out the raiding application separately after this application has been considered, however I am understanding that perhaps your progression roster is looking strong and I wouldn't be against joining for M+, raiding for consistent weekly reclears of HC, and working my way into the progression team over a period of time if it was felt that was appropriate.

Availability:

Yes. I already do this raiding Wed/Thu/Sun every week, 18:45 - 22:00, as well as getting a lot of M+ in.

Communication:

Yes to all.

System / Connection:

150+ fps constant (RX 5700 GT, i7-8700K, 16gb RAM, 1TB SSD, AOC 144 Hz G2460PF and most importantly, lots of LEDs, which make everything go quick).

100 MBPs fibreoptic band - hardly ever see it drop.

Ping statitcs for EU servers under typical load (Netflix, Twtich, Spotify and connected to WoW simultaneously):

Pinging 185.60.112.157 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=245

Ping statistics for 185.60.112.157:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 23ms, Average = 21ms

Pinging 185.60.112.158 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 185.60.112.158: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.158: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.158: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.158: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=245

Ping statistics for 185.60.112.158:
    Minimum = 19ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 20ms

Pinging 185.60.114.159 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 185.60.114.159: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=243
Reply from 185.60.114.159: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=243
Reply from 185.60.114.159: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=243
Reply from 185.60.114.159: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 185.60.114.159:
    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 26ms

Addons/UI:

Main Addon's:

- ElvUI for total interface
- Vuhdo custom frames with MO macros for healing
- Angry assignments (mandatory raid addon for guild)
- Cursor trail for helping in hectic situations to locate cursor quickly
- Details for feedback on everything!
- GottaGoFast for M+
- GTFO, because we all need a handy reminder to shift out of goop sometimes
- Method Dungeon Tools for route planning
- Paste for adding in multi-way points in questing
- Plater for custom name plates
- Raider.io
- Simulationcraft for raidbots (also a sub to speed up simulations)
- WeakAuras 2 - can't imagine playing without this for pretty much every part of the game. I have a lot of WA's installed for for dungeon and raid encounters. Ignoring some custom ones, the main ones for this tier I have installed are BfA Dungeons and an up to date T25 Azshara Eternal Palace. I can happily go into more on WA's if needed.
- Deadly Boss Mods - again, can't imagine playing without this :)

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/FsWtImE

Other Games:

I'm not new to competitive gaming however, predominantly playing local league CS1.6, RA3 and TF2 for over a decade as a kid to early adult, then really focussing on my career before coming back to gaming with Destiny 5 years ago focussing heavily on PvP and carry runs.

I am a HUGE souls fan - plat everything, but in particular I love DSIII/Bloodborne and Sekiro.

Why Iron Edge?

I played with a couple of guys (Skinkelinke and Tutan) in M+ the other day and they were really nice. Importantly they were nice to play with, friendly, mature and knowledgeable. Iron Edge looks well established and this attracts me - I'm not a fly-by-night individual, I want to stay somewhere I can invest time and effort into, knowing it won't fold overnight because of a toxic individual or bad raid week.

I also want to move off Doomhammer to a populated realm. Blizzard really con new players by pumping Doomhammer at them, only to then take a server transfer fee off you when they realise the AH is a joke ;)

What I can offer Iron Edge:

Preparation, commitment, effort, availability, a willingness to get involved in running aspects of the guild and a generally acceptable sense of humour :)

I always want to be the best I can be and want to bring that standard to everything I do - no half-arsed efforts.

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

Skinkelinke

Last Words:

Always avaialble to chat on discord or TS3 - if there's anything you want clarity on, just poke me. My discord is CraftyPC#3615.

December 29, 2019, 01:06:09 pm
Reply #1

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

Re: Mythic+ Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - Sørvin (XR)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 01:06:09 pm »
I vouch for this guy, very friendly and a good player. Would never think he started just in BFA, plays the game like someone who's played it for years. If you want to raid there are also 3 raid teams:

Main raid: progress Mythic in a 2 raid/week Schedule
Weekend raid: raids sundays with mythic progression
ToT raid:  raids wednesdays 3h/week just getting heroic content down

Tutan plays main raid and ToT raid, myself just ToT.

GL with your app

December 29, 2019, 04:02:23 pm
Reply #2

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 04:02:23 pm »
Hey man, nice to see you applied; solid application too.

Nice fella, good player, fun to be around.

Would be an addition to the guild

December 30, 2019, 02:40:07 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 02:40:07 pm »
Enjoyable read, looks like someone that would fit right in.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

December 30, 2019, 09:16:48 pm
Reply #4

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 09:16:48 pm »
Hi - apologies for my slackness.  Good application full of detail - good vouches from respectable guild members on that basis I would like to offer you a trial - I have to be honest as we come to a end of a tier mythic plus participants is lower due to real life but expect it to hugely pick up come 8.3.  I will try and do some
Dungeons with you in that gap now to put you through some paces :) I want some real strong candidates within the guild who have the view to push next tier , over at least 2.5k.

Give a officer a nudge when you are on for a invite, I won’t be online until NY day as I am away getting a few beverages and hanging out with my kids, but will catch you in 2020!

December 31, 2019, 10:13:14 am
Reply #5

Offline Sorvin

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 10:13:14 am »
Thank you! I'm in the process of transferring realms - it's taking a while. I'll post on discord and here once it's completed. Looking forward to some games :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 1 User
Wali