Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mythic+ Application - Paladin (Healer) - Candypop

January 07, 2020, 01:54:58 pm
Read 2611 times

Applicant

Mythic+ Application - Paladin (Healer) - Candypop
« on: January 07, 2020, 01:54:58 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a Mythic+ member.

Character: Candypop
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Candypop/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (Healer)
Member Type: Mythic+

Personal Info:

Ash, UK, 34

Class/Spec:

I have been healing since WOTLK. With the new Glimmer build it is fun and I also enjoy the mix of DPS and healing it brings.  

Alts:

No alts. No time due to family and young children so I tend to focus on this Character.

Professions:

Mining, Blacksmithing. Blacksmithing was good back in the day to add extra sockets to your gear and the mining is mainly for gold.

Mythic+ Experience:

S1 1.1k....S2 1.2k. I stopped playing during Uldir and I have returned about 4 weeks ago. Only cool story is that this one time....I got a totem stuck up my ass. And I weirdly enjoyed it?

Previous Guilds:

I recently tried out a few Guilds but did not find any that suited me. In the past I was long term part of "From the Dust" pushing hard mode content and "Stack of Trees". Stack of Trees was a 2 night a week late night mythic guild. I was on the roster and we had a lot of fun. Both these guilds were on Tarren Mill my birth server. Lastly I transferred to join "Lunatics" on Kazzak. They were a late night guild that were pushing mythic content but sadly disbanded. Most Guilds I left in the past disbanded due to good players leaving the game or core members/officers who were unable to raid anymore.

Availability:

I play about 3-5 days a week and I am usually online after 8pm server time.

Communication:

Have working headset and discord. Do we still use Teamspeak?

System / Connection:

Decent PC and Fiber

Other Games:

CSGO

Why Iron Edge?

The Guild looks like a well organised and thriving community.

What I can offer Iron Edge:

I can offer a player who is friendly, exsperienced and good to have in any guild. Mostly I would rather do Mythic plus and maybe some raiding in an environment that only a guild can provide. I would like to get to know some people and see what happens.

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

In game Guild Finder.

Last Words:

Vagina

January 08, 2020, 10:31:35 pm
Reply #1

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

Re: Mythic+ Application - Paladin (Healer) - Candypop
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 10:31:35 pm »
Hi Ash, thanks for you application.  As we leave one season and enter a new one, the requirements of gearing and working hard on knowing tactics and driving the pace of the dungeon how would you see yourself keeping up with the requirements of gear, what will be your approach to keep ahead of the curve? 

What are your aspiration on a score you want to achieve next season and what you think will be your biggest challenge to do so?

Lastly what type of tank are you, I don’t mean class I mean leading, as a tank you dictate the pace and speed and the success, unless someone dies or makes a mistake the timer is heavily reliant on a tank, and commanding - so what type of tank do you consider yourself?

How do you think paladins will perform in 8.3 as tanks?

Look forward to your response

Cheers Paul

January 09, 2020, 03:47:25 pm
Reply #2

Offline Candypop

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 03:47:25 pm »
Hi Paul

Thanks for taking the time to reply back to my application.

Just to start I think there is some slight confusion regarding my application. I am hoping to apply as a healer rather than tank. Although I can tank I prefer to Heal and DPS. In my last guild two guilds I played a mix between Ret and Holy depending on the encounter. For some bosses we would 4 heal and for others 5 heal. This was particularly helpful especially during progression. Saying that for mythic + content I enjoy doing as much DPS as possible as a healer so it’s the best of both worlds for me.

Tactics are very important in mythic +. However it will be the tank or dungeon group leader who drives the pace of the dungeon. The biggest requirement that I see for pushing keys in time is good communication. I have been part of many a group that could have easily pushed higher keys or made it in time if we just used Discord. Discord can save many an issue and help prevent unnecessary healing, add pulls etc. The higher the keys the less tolerance for mistakes.

Obviously having decent gear, food, flasks, potions etc and a having a good group composition does help. But having the best gear, the right buffs and a good group composition means nothing if there is no good communication.

If I am honest I would like to push 15-20 keys and then work my way on to 20+ keys. I think this will take hard work and decent group who plays together regularly. I have managed to pug my way to a few +12s and +13s in time and a single siege +14 in only 4 weeks. I have a combined score of 1.2k for this season. I was very under geared to start and it was hard finding any groups with no score at all. But with some patience, hard work and showing good skill I levelled up quite nicely. My gear mainly came from doing mythic dungeons  and pugging a couple HC and normal content. I managed to get ahead of the curve without knowing tactics but I think that I was lucky to get in a group that was pretty decent for a pug.

To keep up requirements of gear I need to farm some more rep for the essences and make sure I do my weekly corrupted content for the up coming patch. I also need to work towards unlocking the 4th essence slot when the new patch arrives.  Replacing my current gear should be easily achieved as 450 gear will be easy to come by. I do definitely want to farm the new raid when it releases on normal to start then then hopefully heroic fairly quickly.

I think Holy Paladins will perform very well in raids and mythic + content this coming patch. Glimmer is being nerfed to a max of 8 buffs but this should not be too impactful and it will not impact mythic + at all. We are still looking to be strong healers for all content and we do great damage that is very helpful when pushing keys. Will druids still be favoured in mythic plus? Yes but Holy has shown that it is capable of pushing high keys.

I hope this answers some of your questions. If you would like some logs from previous content please let me know.

Many thanks
Ash (candypop)

Ps please don’t judge my character name. I chose it when I realm transferred and all my RL friends who play wow still rip me for it and I often get asked by in game characters if I am female. Sadly for them I have a penis.

January 09, 2020, 04:34:07 pm
Reply #3

Offline Candypop

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 04:34:07 pm »
Here are my most recent logs for Ret and Holy. Unfortunately they are from Uldir. We raided two nights a week and for only two hours. As such we struggled to kill more than 4 bosses on Mythic difficulty. But they might be helpful in any decision making.

Holy:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/candypop#zone=19&difficulty=4&bybracket=1&spec=Holy

Ret:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/candypop#zone=19&difficulty=4&spec=Retribution&metric=dps

Fun fact:

I know logs don't mean anything for mythic plus but I have a world top 10 and world number 1 for paladin HPS Underrot +10 key season 1.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/20#boss=11841&metric=hps&class=Any&bracket=10&partition=1

January 09, 2020, 07:25:16 pm
Reply #4

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 07:25:16 pm »
Thanks for your response, I think that may have been Miss read albeit tho you have given me the detail that my next questions would follow around holy :)

Let me digest the information and come back, and don’t worry not judging your character name albeit a little funky lol

Cheers
Paul

January 09, 2020, 11:06:03 pm
Reply #5

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 11:06:03 pm »
On  reflection on your response I am happy to invite you to the guild as a M+ orientated player, in readiness of season 4 - poke a officer for a invite.

January 10, 2020, 12:49:12 am
Reply #6

Offline Candypop

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 12:49:12 am »
Many thanks. Looking forward to the future.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:06:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

86 Guests, 0 Users