Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Ozzy

February 13, 2020, 02:37:22 pm
Read 5401 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Ozzy
« on: February 13, 2020, 02:37:22 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Ozzy
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Ozzy
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

You can call me Ozzy, I am 30 years old, Egyptian living in KSA, I graduated in Electrical Engineering, work as a project manager for a major infrastructure construction company experts in the field of constructing Power Plants, Electrical substations and water treatment plants.

Used to game since i was a lil kid, back in the arcade, then had a SEGA Mega Drive 2 console that used to be loaded with cartridges, no MTX or DLC or any of that crap.

Class/Spec:

My main spec if Fury, it just flows through my fingers as i have very good muscle memory for it, tbh still learning to play arms effectively however, i do play prot for Mythic+ from time to time, but my main game is FURY, BONK LIKES TO SMASH!

First off, Fury depends mainly on having Gushing wound DoT up, which is gained from Cold Steel Hot Blood Azerite Trait, have to have 3 of it, then 1 unbridled fury and 1 simmering rage, can compensate with 1 swirling sands as well to round up the main azerite traits.

To maximize the uptime of Gushing wound, which has a proc chance from Bloodthirst procs, you have to build up high amount of crit, which makees it the primary stat at 3 stacks of CSHB, get 20% haste to make the spec flow nicely, then vers and mastery come afterwards, although currently with how corruption damage can scale through vers, it comes second to crit, and since weh ave alot of base haste nowadays from gear generally and the Vita trinket, mastery becomes higher than it, changing the priority to C>V=>M>>H

So, for any class/spec, always be casting and never cap your resource, hence Rampage is priority at 85+ fury, then Bloodthirst comes second for Wound procs, then rampaging blows and fill empty GCDs with Furious Slash for ST making sure to not drop the buff, or every third cast being a whirlwind and fill GCD gaps with whirlwind to maintain the cleaving buff and generate rage, depending on AoE fight, Dragon roar/Bladestorm should be used while enraged and Siegebreaker is up as well as BotE to ensure maximum burst on AoE.

Alts:

I used to have a Main Havoc DH alt, that has Mythic Zaqul down from TEP, it has all essences unlock, but currently shelfeed until i can actually get some decent progression on my Warrior main, i can play the DH reliably however.

Professions:

Engineering for the helmet/CR/Utilities/Repairs.
Enchanting for making some money and providing enchants during clutch situations of raiders laziness and/or forgetting to bring enchants in the raid instance.

Raiding Experience:

I raided casually before, only started to raid seriously in TEP which culminated in overall in 7/8M, i do my backend research, either for tactics of the fights, knowing which spell does what, how to mitigate it, try to help with  making tactics, from positioning to raid-wide CDs offensive & defensive wise.
To watching PoV vids for my spec and disecting logs in replay mode at 0.5x speed to know what higher progressed warriors are pulling good dps in different fights.

Previous Guilds:

OSG, made us loot bots for their core raiders, recruiting 10 trials while they had 24 core raiders already, tradded all the loot to the core raiders (in a brainless way) then told us GL finding another guild, can't promise any Mythic Spot for you guys, an even see the wowprogress profile to see how many people left that were trials and are salty about it.

Rewind on Draenor EU, wanted more progression and generally the raid schedule conflicted with my new work schedule so couldn't stick around as a core raider there any longer, but i do hang on their discord and do the odd HC run with them and Mythic+ since i do love the guys there!

Availability:

I am usually available most of the week, had issues with Tuesdays only and mostly under control now, Annual vacation on November still.

Communication:

I really dislike TS3, prefer Discord, I can speak English, have a GB in IELTS of 8/9

Computer / Connection:

FPS issues only arise in the last 2 bosses on 30 players HC runs, otherwise i have steady 60+ fps in raidd and 120 in open world.

Ping is fine, random DCs though due to Blizz being a small indie company, but not often tbh.

Addons/UI:

Elvui
Details!
Bigwigs
Weakauras2
RC Loot Council
ERT/ORA3/GTFO
https://imgur.com/a/vZFcCVT
The only Actionbar that is shown in the screenshot is the consumables, all actionbars are hiden (Mouseover shows them) since i use weakauras which are in the middle of the screen to track my CDs/stacks etc

Other Games:

Overwatch
CoD MW
Guild Wars 2 but not often nowadays as I am focusing more on WoW nowadays
Elder Scrolls online, same as above
Prebought Cyberpunk2077, can't wait for release
and the usual triple A single player games

Why Iron Edge?

Seems it capture the feeling of awesome community that reminds me of my friiends from legion, who i am still in touch with but don't play WoW anymore and for decent Mythic progression.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Lots of time.. fun time!, big bonk deeps, being an engaged member of the community, try to help the raid team however i can, playing WoW as well as other games in off raid nights.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

I am a cat person.

February 14, 2020, 12:10:45 am
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Ozzy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:10:45 am »
Hey Ozzy,
Thanks for applying. Going to take the next few days to review the application and talk it over with my Comrades. Feel free to answer any questions until then.
Hopefully we shouldn't take too long. Speak to you soon!

- Shimmar

February 14, 2020, 11:44:32 pm
Reply #2

Offline Amasoful

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 11:44:32 pm »
Sure awaiting your feedback :)

February 17, 2020, 12:09:10 am
Reply #3

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 12:09:10 am »
Hi Ozzy thanks for waiting on our response.
We've talked it over a bit and we'd like to offer you a trial. You can Poke an officer for an invite when you're ready!
Welcome

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:42:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

49 Guests, 0 Users