Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Succmybubble

March 06, 2020, 12:04:22 am
Read 3785 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Succmybubble
« on: March 06, 2020, 12:04:22 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Succmybubble
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Succmybubble
Class/Spec: Paladin (Healer)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Malte, I'm a 25 year old guy from Denmark. I have a bachelors degree in sports science and is starting my masters in september. During my gap year i've been working at a streetsports center as a projectcoordinator, instructor and receptionist. In my leisure time i like to rock climb and do parkour

Class/Spec:

I'm maining a Hpal, but I have gear for both ret and prot aswell allthough i rarely play the specs outside of low m+ or worldquests and stuff. As of writing this i'm 467 equipped in holy with rank 12 cloak (with enough vessels to get rank 13, just havent had the time as of this week for upgrading it)

For raiding I focus mainly on haste with any other stat being slightly below haste values.
As I've mainly been a m+ player for a while my gear is definately optimized around 5-man content, where i rock around 20-25% haste and crit/vers as the remaining two, with a slight focus to crit.
For healling i prioritize holy shock over everything to spread glimmers on the raid and otherwise light of dawn and use the infusion of light proc on Flash of light unless its a long mana intense fight, then on Holy light. I also highly prioritize dealing damage when ever there is any downtime.

Alts:

I've actually started the expansion as a druid, so i got a basicly raid ready balance/resto druid but on another server unfortunately. On Kazzak i started a Unholy DK aswell, but its only like 452ish and with a semi decent low cloak at like 9 if i remember correctly. I also have a mage at around same gear as  my DK.

Professions:

I'm rocking herb/alch on pally, and I just crafted my 470 alchemist stone, so i'm a happy camper atm!

Raiding Experience:

Basicly no mythic experience in BFA, as i've been on quite a dead server with no guild raiding days that i was available, and mostly just playing m+ with the boys from home.
I raided some mythic back in Legion, mainly Nighthold where we managed 10/11 in a quite casual and social guild which was absolutely great, otherwise i raided pretty hardcore way back in Wrath, but I'm not sure thats relevant, but gosh that was a fun time, wrath.

Previous Guilds:

Back in TBC <We are NOT repaired>

Wrath <Hunters of Men>

Legion <Grinder> who merged with <From the Ashes>

BFA <From the Ashes>, and <Segmented> just for a month-ish. Joined them for HC raids with a mythic spot maybe in the future, but their HC raids are on wednesdays at 13.00 where i'm at work.

Availability:

I'd probably be available most days, part from wednesdays and and tuesdays and the occasional sundays unless its after 20. CET.
I'd occasionally use the holidays for outdoor climbing trips, but usually i'd know early in advance and be able to report it.

Communication:

I'm fluent in english, I have TS3 and i'm a formidable listener. (unless you ask my gf ofc). I got a mic and i'd happily use it, but probably not the guy with the most open mic in the world, but I'd call what needs to be called and crack the occasional joke.

Computer / Connection:

Some parts of my PC is a couple of years old, but i've replaced the essentials and i'm running 60+ fps at raid encounters. I got 100/50 stable connection and my ping to kazzak is around 20. I recently had some dodgy weakauras that made me lagg, but I've fixed it so i'm now completely lag free. And definately dont DC every hour!

Addons/UI:

Bigwigs, weakauras, elvui frames with custom auras for buffs/debuffs and Plater for nameplates.

In combat UI: https://imgur.com/Lij4TzC
I have my actionbars hidden because i've played with the binds forever and know them completely by musclememory. But heres a pic of my binds: https://imgur.com/6EaPNms

Other Games:

I mainly play Wow and CSGO and the occasional rocket league. I was once into League of legends alot, but havent played it for a couple of years.

Why Iron Edge?

I think the prospect of joining a guild filled with dedicated and experienced players who is also maintaining a healthy community sounds absolutely brilliant. I like to make progress, but not at the expense of 20 angry people yelling at eachother for no apparent reason.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a good player willing to put in the work to be on the team. Besides that, i see my self as a very honest person that enjoys playing wow whether it being pushing m+ or progressing raids.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I was reseaching wowprogress for guilds raiding other that wednesdays and you were prime candidates!

Last Words?

Nah, but hit me up if you have any questions

March 06, 2020, 11:34:05 am
Reply #1

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Succmybubble
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:34:05 am »
Hey there Malte,

Thanks for showing an interest in Iron Edge. I'll spend the next couple of days reviewing the application.

a very nice application overal, eventhough its a bit scarce in some areas. I'm a bit concerned about your lack of experience during the more recent mythic tiers and the changes brought to palading during 8.1 with glimmer. Are you comfortable and experienced with the glimmer healing in a raid enviroment or is this still new to you?

Please feel free to answer any questions our members and raiders may have.

Cheers, Nashor

March 06, 2020, 12:42:16 pm
Reply #2

Offline Succmybubble

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 12:42:16 pm »
Hi Nashor,

Thanks for the fast reply, I understand your concern about my lack of BFA mythic experience, but I'm quite a fast learner and I have been raiding mythic difficulty in previous expansions, so it is not like its completely foreign to me at all.
Regarding the Glimmer build, I would definately say i'm well versed in glimmer healing in a raid environment. Tbh i don't find it that much different from healing 5 man content, especially not after the nerf to the amount of glimmers you can have up at any given time.

Hit me up if you have any further questions or concerns.

March 10, 2020, 08:37:27 pm
Reply #3

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:37:27 pm »
Hey Malte,

Sorry for the long wait, The healing team is quite full now but we could use a holy paladin and even though you haven't had a whole lot of mythic experience in the more recent tiers, I would like to offer you a trial and get to see how you fare with our raiding team.

Please check out This thread for any information in regards to raiding with us. You can poke any officer in game for an invite, welcome aboad!

Cheers, Nashor

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:54:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

92 Guests, 0 Users