Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Bolony

March 13, 2020, 12:32:10 am
Read 3745 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Bolony
« on: March 13, 2020, 12:32:10 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Bolony
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Bolony
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hey guys my name is Mark im 28 years old with German and Bulgarian nationalities. I lived for the past 10 years in Switzerland where I graduated and got my Bachelor degree in hospitality management. My family lives there now, I am currently residing in Bulgaria due to work opportunities. I have my own SaaS startup (I love all things blockchain and tech) and also work in our family business as a sales representative (I love talking with people). During my free time I love to travel, hike, play video games and eat pizza. Also, spacecats are cool!

Class/Spec:

Main: Elemental - 476
Offspec: Resto - 470
2nd Offspec (in the making) Enh - 460
I used to play on a private WoTLK server where I fully bis-ed out all ranged dps classes, I started playing on retail again when BFA launched and went shaman because its the only ranged class I didnt play and fell in love with it <3

Stats: I try to balance crit and haste as much as possible, currently around 27% crit and 24% haste. Mastery I try to ignore wherever possible and try to keep versatility at a minimum of 10%, although ive noticed that higher vers does have its dps gains in some situations.

Rotation: 8 sec before pull put down totem, 6 sec before pull use Stormkeeper, 3 sec before pull prepot+on use trinket (currently the manifesto of madness), 2 sec before pull cast Lava Burst and apply Flame Shock after the cast. Then I cast Guardian of Azeroth+Fire Elemental+Earth Elemental (casting earth elemental only if lust is on pull). Then lightning bolt into lava burst into another lightning bolt. If no Lava Surge proc then lightning bolt into lava burst into earth shock, if Lava Surge procs then Lava Burst into Earth Shock. Then Icefury into lava burst into earth shock. Then lightning bolt as a filler inbetween lava burst + frost shock (i try to empower frost shock until it goes into cooldown), otherwise i weave lightning bolt with frost shock. Priority is casting Earth Shock after Lava Burst when possible otherwise use it when Maelstrom is about go fill up (around 92-95). Keep Flame Shock up on as many targets as possible and refresh the dot when its at 6 seconds.

Alts:

Mageagain - 465ish Fire Mage
I have four other 120's which I havent played this patch at all due to the grind being unbearable.

Professions:

Leatherworking for the good 470 items with socket
Jewelcrafting for the good 470 ring which I havent crafted yet due to having every other possible ring. (I farmed a lot of items from m+, have pretty much every item from 15+)

Raiding Experience:

I used to raid 7 times a week on a private WoTLK server where I min maxed everything and fully bis-ed out warlock, mage, priest, boomie, hunter and paladin over 2 and a half years (my favourite expansion). In BFA I get curve early on every patch (except for 8.2 which I didnt play at all due to work), in Uldir I had around 300 pulls on Ghuun but didnt get the CE due to work commitments, was 6/8 because I joined the guild later into the expansion and they had already killed 2 more bosses and only progressed on the last one. BoD 4/9 and stopped after. Then I came back at the end of 8.2 and am currently 3/12. Just as a note, the raid leader was keeping logs private for whatever reason and my kills dont show up from previous patches

Previous Guilds:

The Forgotten Kings - best guild on the private server I was on. They disbanded after 10 years of gameplay because of other commitments. We were a family there and had regular meetups outside of WoW.
Dream Infusion - Bad atmosphere in the guild, poor management and bad attitude outside of raiding.
The Dambusters - Bad attitude towards raiding, they have troubles focusing when raiding mythic which drags good players down.

Availability:

Available night time after 18:00 server time every day. During Winter I wont be available for a few weeks due to family meetings :)

Communication:

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Computer / Connection:

I have a very good computer. I have no fps issues. My internet connection is stable, I have no ping, dont lag, and very rarely disconnect.

Addons/UI:

Bartender-Because of the looks
BigWigs-To know what comes next and prepare for it
Weakauras-To track cooldowns
Details-To check my performance (dps-wise)
Exorsus Raid Tools-To track raid cooldowns and follow raid assignments
Little Wigs-Track abilities
Plater-Better targeting on multiple mobs
Quartz-More precise cast bar for better dps
UI: https://imgur.com/a/Nkf1ZHu

Other Games:

Ive been gaming since the launch of Age of Mythology.
Currently I play Apex and WoW.
I used to play a lot of other games too, but now I keep it to WoW primarily because its my favourite game.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to be part of a community of likeminded players which have a lust to progress into the current raid tier whilst have fun doing so. I want to stay in such a community and create good and strong relationships.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I will always give 110% from myself when raiding because I know that a group is only as strong as its weakest link. I will be prepared for every encounter with knowledge, consumables, and the right attitude. I will attend every raid and do my best to be a good fit for the community.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Friends

Last Words?

Spacecats are cool. Thank you for taking your time to read my application. Looking forward to hearing from you.

March 13, 2020, 12:37:40 am
Reply #1

Offline Bolony

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Bolony
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 12:37:40 am »
Sorry but I missed to mention that I am also looking for a m+ team to push high keys with, currently 2.620 rating.

March 13, 2020, 09:17:30 am
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 09:17:30 am »
Hello there!

You have a pretty decent app. Maybe you can tell us who your friend is? And maybe get him to vouch for you?

Good luck!
Ba dun tss!

March 13, 2020, 12:53:59 pm
Reply #3

Offline Bolony

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 12:53:59 pm »
Thanks for your prompt reply. The people from which I heard about your guild are former guildies Nanolina and Moonrockz, we are e-friends and have raided only few times together (I was on top of meters every time so they might vouch for that) I will ask them but I cant guarantee they will do it because we only know each other from 2 raids, I just asked them where they are heading to. I also found you on WoW Progress, read your values and principles and thats the main reason I applied to Iron Edge, along with the schedule. Hope that suffices, but I will ask my former guildies too. Thanks for your time.

March 13, 2020, 09:06:52 pm
Reply #4

Offline Moonmen

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 09:06:52 pm »
Hello ! I know Bolony for some time now from our previous guild. He has a great attitude and he is a good raider. Not sure if it means anything coming from me but i can vouch for him.

March 13, 2020, 09:14:14 pm
Reply #5

Offline nanolina

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 09:14:14 pm »
Hello,
I remember Bologny from my previous guild. I dont know him personally and I havent speak with him many times, So I cant say anything about his personality BUT in terms of raiding I can vouch for him. He was a very good raider and his dps was always on top. He knew what to do and he never had unmeaningful deaths. He was always punctual with 100% attendance.

March 14, 2020, 11:36:26 am
Reply #6

Offline Bolony

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 11:36:26 am »
Thank you for the support guys <3 :)

March 15, 2020, 09:48:40 am
Reply #7

Offline Munjica

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 09:48:40 am »
As I fellow Ele Shaman, I think this is a good app. I would like to see you in our raid group.

March 16, 2020, 10:31:32 am
Reply #8

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 10:31:32 am »
Hiyo Bolony,

You've made quite the decent application, and having someone who has previously raided with you vouch for your attendance and performance is always a bonus. You have also caught the attention of our fellow elemental shaman, so I would definitely want to offer you a trial for our raid and see how you fare with us. You can poke me or any other officer in-game for an invite  :D

Also check out this thread for any information in regards to raiding with us.
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:09:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 0 Users