Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Arnax

March 13, 2020, 10:27:04 pm
Read 2773 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Arnax
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:27:04 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Arnax
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Arnax
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Greetings

My name is Jakub - for friends usually Kubana. What to say - maybe that I have been playing wow with pauses since 16 really and now I am 27 - guess old habits die hard. Currently living and working in Bratislava - Slovakia. Haven't been really playing very actively or hardcore since end of WOTLK but that was partially due to studying university(thus drinking heavily) and in Legion mainly due to not being really able to adapt to new mechanics like dungeon finders and lack of social interaction which in my opinion came to be in WoW after WOTLK. But that aside I would like to return to more active WoW gaming, thus finding a perspective guild would be a great start (more or less :D) I have don't have much experience with healing, but I am applying as a DK and I have plenty experience with tanking and ofc DPSing :)

I have no problem with spoken english thus no problem whatsoever in using comms like TS/Discord or ingame VOIP.

My gear is far from the best I know that but I have no problem in running m+, normal or heroic raids to get the needed eq. I welcome every good advice and have no problem with constructive criticism.

Feel free to ask about whatever you are interested in.

Kubana

Class/Spec:

Mainly playing Blood - cause I like tanking pretty much. I have been playing mainly protection warrior in WOTLK, Warlords and Legion but grew sick of warrior thus switched to DK as self healing of blood is really appealing to me.

I would also like to gear as Unholy along the way because I also like to game flow of the spec, the dots, the AoE and MINIONZ...

Well as Blood I am mainly trying to go for Versatility and Crit but mainly looking on stats. As a rotation - in raids I am prioritizing Blooddrinker while keeping bone armor stacks at minimum 7 bones (cause I can pump one Marrowrend to get 9-10 anytime. Dumping runes on Heart Strike and dumping runic power on Death Strikes <- while trying to buff the Death Strike's healing using Blood Boil with Hemostasis. But as a runic power dump I am prioritizing Bonestorm ofc when I am specced in it - on mythics. Oh and yeah :D Death and decay always on elite packs and on Crimson Scourge procs during boss fights.

As unholy I am trying to max Haste and Mastery and rotation - keep the Virulent Plague up, buff up with CDs (Blood Fury/Unholy Frenzy), Unholy transform,  Soul Reaper, One or two festering strikes for 4 wounds, Apocalypse, Keeping up wounds and popping em with Scourge Strikes, Death Coiling to avoid runic power capping and using death coil on sudden doom procs. Also switching to Epidemic(instead of death coils) with higher priority on trash mobs and keeping Death and decay under enemies.

Alts:

As a relevant alt I can list a warlock which is currently 114

Professions:

None yet

Raiding Experience:

As said previously have experience in tanking mainly WOTLK raids, now in BFA some mythic dungeons. Also some Legion mythics and raids. Not a complete greenhorn newbie, not the best ofc but decent. No problem holding aggro or pulling mobs. No problem with following (and reading/learning) boss mechanics.

Previous Guilds:

Nothing to write here haven't really been in any guild since WOTLK (which I no longer remember how it was called it may come to me eventually but it was on a private blizzlike server called Anthoria :D) Haven't really left any guild due some problems with other members or problems with guild leaders.

Availability:

I am available mainly during weekeds, during week days I am available after 18:00 CET except monday, thursday,(due to historic fencing :D) and after 21:00 on wednesdays(due to archery)

Communication:

Got headset and mic so no problems here, using Teamspeak 3. No problem with written or spoken English whatsoever.

Computer / Connection:

No issues here

Addons/UI:

BigDebuffs, NamePlateSCT, Recount, Threat Plates, WeakAuras, DBM, MarcelianOnline UI

Other Games:

Mainly single player ones. To name a few played recently: Metro Exodus, Total War: Warhammer 2, Witcher 3, pretty much any fantasy/sci fi FPS or RPG

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking for a perspective guild with emphasis on social interaction not just game-focused bots driven by numbers. And two facts seem appealing to me : not spaming random invitations by your recruiters and having your own web.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Friendly attitude, cheering people up, 100% flexibility spec wise (no problem switching even to FROST even though not listed above if needed) high flexibility during during raiding. Can join also mythic running parties and maybe in near future another member which is my girlfriend living with me which is fresh lvl 120 feral druid (but first I must teach her a thing or two or three or thousand about actual dungeon running, raiding, damaging and all sorts of stuff :D )

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Just through guild finder

Last Words?

Epstein didn't kill himself...

By the way the doggo is adorebale AF and I have a pet bunny called Frufru :D

March 14, 2020, 08:59:08 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Arnax
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 08:59:08 pm »
Hello Jakub.

You have written a pretty detailed app, which you should be very proud of. Most people just don't care that much about it and throw one-liners for each question.
However, due to the fact that we're progressing mythic at the moment and that we're overstacked with melee, i cannot offer you a position within the raid.

BUT! I can offer you a social spot until you get some gear, run some keys or whatever helps you improve. Blood dks are really good on some bosses, so having a DPS (DEATH KNIGHT) with a tanking OS would be amazing.

Would you be ok with that?
Ba dun tss!

March 16, 2020, 10:09:07 am
Reply #2

Offline Kubana

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 10:09:07 am »
Hello Xormn

I have no problem with that :) I know that my gear is far from top notch and needs improving so I will be glad to have a social spot :)

See you ingame

March 16, 2020, 03:16:57 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 03:16:57 pm »
Awesome!

Poke any officer for an invite :)

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:06:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 0 Users