Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Tazzman (XR)

May 05, 2020, 02:52:14 pm
Read 2621 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Tazzman (XR)
« on: May 05, 2020, 02:52:14 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Tazzman
Server: Twisting-Nether
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Twisting-Nether/Tazzman
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hi! o/

My name is Cezar, but everybody calls me Tazz in this world... of warcraft. I have RL friends who also call me Tazz. It all started by the fact that back in high-school/colleage I used to be very energic and agitated. Oh, and also, cuz of my favourite cartoons - The tazmanian devil.

I'm a (almost) 33 years old who's been waisting ~2 years of /played time in this game so perhaps I could be called a veteran. Been playing it since TBC on retail. I live in Timisoara, Romania, I work as an IT developer for ~8 years already and I live with my dog and another friend for now... till I'll get my dog and move somewhere else (waiting for covid-ness to calm down a bit)

I'm a guy who likes living his life, having fun with friends, listening to music, doing sports, enjoying walks in parks and having an insane love for cars (mostly mine).

I hate lies, I'm a guy who never liked nor the lies, nor the persons who lied, always thought that if a mistake was done, mentioning the problem might get to a faster and easier solve.

On another hand, which sometimes can put me in a bad spotlight, is the sense of humor that i have which is very extreme developed and it can influence me negatively now and then (I have a terrible laugh, I've been told that it's either broken or I have lints running in my blood).

Beside all of these, I'm very perfectionist in general and I like things to be done by the book or as best as possible. There were times when acting like this, got be more bad than good, but I remained following this line no matter what. This is one of the reasons why I'm fighting with my girlfriend.

I love cats and I love dogs, and again, mostly mine!

Class/Spec:

Recently, I started to fall more in love with melee classes. I always had a thing for melees, but yeh, I have some ranged alts too. Out of all, I love Fury warriors a lot with Arms/Prot coming next, although, I'm mostly playing Prot in some of the M+ runs I'm doing ocasionally with my friends or when hoping for some HC runs with guildies.

My main spec is Fury and it's been like that since midway in Pandaria's days (been maining Protection till then). I like the playstyle of Fury, feels bursty, meety, like the animations of the spec, and the sounds, etc. Numbers-wise, feels also good. Even though we rely on some CDs windows, it feels consistent in a nutshell (despite the RNG component of the game).

I also play Arms once in a while, but not when it comes to progress, cuz I'd rather play the spec that I'm better and more confortable with, so I'm swaping when I use to do some pug runs in order to help some friends or when there are casual HC runs just to experience a bit more the spec which is not a bad one with the right corruption procs. Back in previous expansions, I also used to play Arms if the fight "was asking" for it, so I'm used with swapping between the two.

As a fury warrior, things can be really straight-forward. On short, main stats would be Crit and then Haste. Of course, there can be a lot of variations depending of the content/fight, but that's the general guide-line I'm using when gearing up.

----------------------------------------

For single target fights, I tend to prioritize Crit and then Versatility (playing with Furious Slash and/or Focusing Iris in a minor slot gives enough Haste so this is a losing big of a value) followed by Haste, Mastery, Strength. The sims that I'm doing in single target scenarios also prioritze these stats in this order.

The rotation/priority I'm using would be:
1. Rampage (When at 90+ rage or when at 75+ rage and Recklessness is up);
2. Bloodthirst on CD;
3. Execute (Sudden Death procs);
4. Dragon's Roar on CD;
5. Raging Blow;
6. Whirlwind/Furious Slash.

The opener would be:
0. Guardian of Azeroth (2s before pull)
1. Charge (with Recklessness up);
2. Siegebreaker;
(2. Pray that autoattacks didnt miss till now so I can...)
3. Rampage;
4. ...and I'll just continue following up the list above.

Note: I try whenever possible to skip talenting into Furious Slash cuz I like Sudden Death a lot more; Furious Slash gives me an extra buff to track and keep maintaining and having it fading off, feels very punishing.

For AoE fights (M+ runs and/or bosses with multiple adds that everyone can pad on) I tend and try to put Haste ahead of Versatility. I'm using Twilight Devastation on these type of fights and Haste increases your TD procs. Crit still reigns supreme cuz of the awesome [Cold Steel, Hot Blood] trait Fury warriors have.

The prioritization would be the same, except Whirlwind which comes in every 3rd GCD I'm spending because that will allow all my single target abilities to hit 4 additionat targets.

Also, on AoE fights, I don't go with Siegebreaker if there are more than 4-5 targets to cleave, because it can be applied on targets that will never get hit by the abilities that would follow it up, so instead, I'm more comfy with Recless Abandon which grants me 4 extra seconds of Recklessness and makes it generates 100 rage when poped which allows me to instantly Rampage and getting the Enrage buff.

Hence, the rotation/priority:
1. Charge;
2. Whirlwind (for the Whirlwind buff);
3. Recklessness;
4. Rampage;
5. Bloodthirst;
6. Whirlwind;
7. Blood of the Enemy;
8. ...and I'll just continue following up the list above.

On single target fights, I'm using Unbridled Fury as potion when poping Guardian as well and afterwards, depending or not the fight last long enough, I try to fit my last Recklessness/Guardian in the Execute window which is when I'd be popping my 2nd potion (unless it was called for it earlier).

For AoE fights, I mostly go with Empowered Proximity. Poping it before charging in.

Alts:

Yes, I do.

I have a Blood DK and a Guardian Druid. (Cleared some of the HC bosses I needed on them and also 3/12 M). They're like 475ish, respectively 470ish.

Got some ranged classes too, like a Shadow Priest (sometimes Disc) and a Demonology Warlock, but haven't been playing much on them lately.

Burried down deeper, there is a Windwalker/Brewmaster Monk and a Havoc/Vengeance DH.

Professions:

My warrior has been a blacksmither since Burning Crusade. Picked this one back then before it was a good profession to have as a tank. Yes, could also help for other roles too, but was mainly tanking back then. The extra sockets I could put on my wrists and gloves were just too awesome souce.

Used to be a miner too, but got rid of it in Northrend. Picked jewelcrafting for the greater gems that I could craft for myself and put them in the extra sockets so this professions combo felt really juicy.

Then they scrapped the bonuses from professions and all went to waste. GG Blizz!

As recipes, I can craft the Sulfuron Hammer if you find that cool enough and also got some sweety recipes from Draenor (WotLK one) as a jewelcrafter (I always said that towards the "next" expansion, I'm gonna go back and farm the dailies till I get all those recipes)

Raiding Experience:

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
- Naxxramas 10: 15/15 (as Tank)
- Naxxramas 25: 15/15 (as Tank)
- The Obsidium Sanctum 10: 1/1 (as Tank)
- The Obsidium Sanctum 25: 1/1 (as Tank)
- The Eye of Eternity 10: 1/1 (as Tank)
- The Eye of Eternity 25: 1/1 (as Tank)
- Ulduar 10: 14/14 (as Tank)
- Ulduar 25: 14/14 (as Tank)
- Trial of the Crusader 10: 14/14 (normal); 14/14 (heroic) (as Tank)
- Trial of the Crusader 25: 14/14 (normal); 14/14 (heroic) (as Tank)
- Icecrown Citadel 10: 14/14 (normal); 13/14 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS)
- Icecrown Citadel 25: 14/14 (normal); 13/14 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS)
- Ruby Sanctum 10: 14/14 (normal) (as Tank/DPS)
- Ruby Sanctum 25: 14/14 (normal) (as Tank/DPS)

CATACLYSM
- Blacwing Descent 25: 6/6 (normal) (as DPS)
- Bastion of Twilight 25: 4/4 (normal) (as DPS)
- Throne of the Four Winds 25: 2/2 (normal) (as DPS)
- Firelands: 0/7 (normal); 0/7 (heroic) (was inactive due to some RL issues)
- Dragon Soul: 8/8 (normal); 8/8 (heroic) (as Tank/Healer)

MISTS OF PANDARIA
- Mogu'Shan Vaults 10: 6/6 (normal) (as Tank)
- Heart of Fear 10: 6/6 (normal) (as Tank/DPS)
- Terrace of Endless Spring 10: 4/4 (normal); 4/4 (heroic) (as Tank/Healer)
- Throne of Thunder 10: 12/12 (normal); 13/13 (heroic) (as DPS)
- Siege of Orgrimmar: 12/12 (normal); ?/14 (heroic); 14/14 (mythic) (as Tank/DPS/Healer)

WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
- Highmaul: 7/7 (normal) (as Tank/DPS); 6/7 (heroic) (as DPS)
- Blackrock Foundry: 10/10 (normal) (as Tank/DPS); 10/10 (heroic) (as DPS); 3/10 (mythic) (as DPS)
- Hellfire Citadel: ?/13 (normal) (as Tank/DPS); 13/13 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 12/13 (mythic) (as rDPS)

LEGION
- Emerald Nightmare: 7/7 (normal) (as DPS); 7/7 (heroic) (as DPS); 7/7 (mythic) (as Tank/DPS)
- The Nighthold: 10/10 (normal) (as Tank/DPS); 10/10 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 10/10 (mythic) (as DPS)
- Trial of Valor: 2/2 (heroic) (as DPS); 2/2 (mythic) (as Tank/DPS)
- Tomb of Sargeras: 9/9 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 8/9 (mythic) (as DPS) - didn't kill Avatar :(
- Antorus, the Burning Throne: 11/11 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 6/11 (mythic) (as DPS) - had to take a break cuz got myself a bit burnt of the game and also IRL stuff.

BATTLE FOR AZEROTH
- Uldir: 8/8 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 7/8 (mythic) (as Tank/DPS)
- Battle of Dazar'alor: 9/9 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 6/9 (mythic) (as Tank/DPS)
- Crucible of Storms: 2/2 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 0/2 (mythic) (as Tank/DPS)
- The Eternal Palace: 8/8 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 8/8 (mythic) (as Tank/DPS)
- Ny'altha, the Waking City: 12/12 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS); 10/12 (as Tank/DPS)

Up till the Hear of Fear's doors open, I was mainly tanking. The guild I was in back then was running 2 raiding groups and I was in charge of the 2nd one. After some of the guys paused/stopped raiding, we fused into a single group and since my shield wasn't needed anymore, I went Fury and that's been my main spec ever since.

Had ups and downs this time with guilds disbanding and stop raiding or with members' toxicity levels growing too high for my acceptance levels or having arguments with officers regarding guild management, etc and all these kinda caused me to miss some of the CE's I could get if I'd acted differently. Can discuss more about this, but not going to do it here.

Previous Guilds:

Been in many guilds so far unfortunatelly, but I'll just enumare only the BfA ones and describe briefly what went wrong around them.

1. MINIONS.
Pure romanian guild. Joined it a couple of weeks before Legion's days were over. Wanted to try this kind of experience, to raid with people of my own nationality, and see where we can get and what can we acomplish together. Proved it was a bad move. Couldn't get on the same line with the guild master, although some of the officers were supporting my ideas regarding improvement. Some of the players couldn't care about some mechanincs and were just interested in owning meeters and logs on warcraftlogs.com. Others were late and/or unprepared for the raid. Probs should have left them sooner, but there was hope and I also managed to bound with a lot of the memebrs there.

2. ARTIFICIAL INCOMPETENCE.
English speaking guild with people of different nationalities. Great guys these guys. Raided with them before in Hellfire Citadel under a different guild's name (Long Hair, Don't Care), but I was playing on a laptop back then which was getting really hot and got me freezing during the fights sometimes. They couldn't offer me a raiding spot cuz of that and I couldn't afford a new PC back then. Remained in good relations with the officers and the members anyway.
We managed to clear 6/9 M bosses in Dazar'alor, till Blizzard got half the guild banned, including our guild master who couldn't promise that we will recovering in any shape of form so he agreed to let us go if we want. Remember the bug which allowed XP potion to be stacked? Cuz we do.

3. MINIONS (again).
Got kinda fed with the game and the situation in general, so I became a social player and rejoined them cuz I was having fun playing with some of these guys. Things didnt stay that way for too long, so I needed to raid cuz casual life suxx and then I applied and joined...

4. ENCOMPASS
... which is the guild I'm currently in and the guild I managed to get Azshara's CE and 10/12M in Ny'alotha. The reason why I want to leave them is because they consider that more than 1 warrior in the raid is not needed. They recruited the 2nd one in March (cuz of some misunderstanding) so him and myself are being swapped in and out for different bosses. Apparently he is ok with it, but I'm not such a big fan of it so I'd rather make things easier for everyone here involved.
The guys are great overall and I have fun playing with them. Will definitely remain in good relations cuz I've never been a jurk to them and nor they to me.

Availability:

I'm mostly available every evening with Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays a bit late probably. I'm taking tango dancing classes and these are helt in the specified days. For now, cuz of covid-ness, there are no classes, but probs we will be starting them in a couple of weeks.

I know you raid Mondays and Thursdays too, but that doesn't mean I won't be able to attend the raids. The classes are over shortly before the raids start and I have enough time to make it home for the invites.

I'm no longer a student so exams are out of the schema for now, but dont know what brick will hit me in the head in 1 or 2 or 65 years from now and will join master classes at some point.

Communication:

I can't say I'm proficient in english, but I've never had any kind of issues with it before. I talk english at my job, I talked enlgish in this game for a couple of years already so I guess I'll handle it :D

I don't have TS3, but its a matter of clicks to have it installed and running.

Yes, I do have a microphone and I use it. The levels of usage depend on the amount of people I'm talking with. The more people online, the less I talk and vice-versa.

Computer / Connection:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @3.30 GHz
Installed RAM: 16 GB
Hard drive: Kingston 250 GB SATA
Video card: GeForce® GTX 1070 STRIX, 8GB GDDR5, 256-bit
Network connetion: https://www.speedtest.net/result/9389122683

Addons/UI:

I use a lot of them. They can be seen in action on https://www.twitch.tv/broasca14/videos. I use Twitch for streaming to fella guildies or friends and also to capture the kills (whenever we were getting new ones), but had some issues with uploading one of the vids to Youtube and dropped that idea ever since and didn't think to retry it.

The most important addons I'm using are
- Elvui (for a personal setup UI that I spent a lot of time creating it);
- BigWigs (for timers and alerts);
- WeakAura (for tracking different buffs, CDs, procs, etc)
- ExRT (for notes and raid wide/healing CDs)
- TMW (for tracking persoanl CDs).

I know some of the addons can do the same, but I got used with this setup so far.

Other Games:

I don't play other games. Used to be a fan of FIFA and NFS. Casually played Diablo 3 and Path of Exile (and I'm really looking forward to see Diablo 4 and Path of Exile 2) and I think that'd be about it.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm interested in keeping the 2 days per week raiding schedule so I can still deal with my IRL stuff and I'm interested in joining a team that's almost on the same level of progress as I am.

Your guild's profile ignited my interests cuz of that and also, I checked your logs and webpage and I know there's gonna be banter about it, but looks like youre a serious guild and that's what I'm looking forward.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer good and competitive DPS, tips and hints regarding some fights/mechanics (if time will allow me to make some researches before anyone else does) and sometimes retarded jokes which probably can relax the atmosphere if at some point things get too intense

I have a very developed sense of humor and I laugh very easy. Currently in my guild, I get amused from some silly jokes that nobody finds it funny, but after they hear my laugh, things change.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found you on wowprogress.com

Last Words?

Am I getting shot?

May 06, 2020, 10:04:23 am
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Tazzman (XR)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:04:23 am »
Hey Tazz,
Thanks for applying. You've given us alot to look through so bear with us on this one :D Hopefully some of our members have questions so feel free to check back and answer any we put forward.

May 06, 2020, 05:18:16 pm
Reply #2

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 05:18:16 pm »
What would you say is better? Playing arms for that sick execute phase or playing the beefy fury warrior that brings that sustain and extra health?

May 06, 2020, 06:22:38 pm
Reply #3

Offline Tazz

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 06:22:38 pm »
If I were to chose between the two, I'd go for fury because of the same reasons it is my main spec.

But depending of the fight, if it's either a farm or a progress one, I'd go for Arms if the raid-wide damage is healable and I'm no kind of danger being/getting killed and if the damage required is more into Execute phase rather than outside of it (could also talent into Massacre for having the execute phase starting at 35%). If it's a farm boss, I'd go Fury.

For instance, For Carapace and N'zoth, I would most likely start progressing them as Fury and perhaps switching to Arms later on once I'm more experienced with the mechanics of the fight.

May 07, 2020, 11:25:33 pm
Reply #4

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 11:25:33 pm »
Hey Tazz,
after reviewing the app further we'd be happy to accept you for a trial in the main raid.
You can poke an officer for an invite when you're ready.
Welcome!

May 08, 2020, 12:10:36 pm
Reply #5

Offline Tazz

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 12:10:36 pm »
Super news

But before transfering, is it possible for a small-chat over Discord or something? I would have some questions as well and I think it would be easier to make it over a voice-comm.

I already joined your Discord server so I'm there as well.

All the best! o/

May 10, 2020, 02:36:53 pm
Reply #6

Offline Tazz

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 02:36:53 pm »

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
- Ulduar 10: 14/14 (as Tank)
- Ulduar 25: 14/14 (as Tank)
- Trial of the Crusader 10: 14/14 (normal); 14/14 (heroic) (as Tank)
- Trial of the Crusader 25: 14/14 (normal); 14/14 (heroic) (as Tank)
- Icecrown Citadel 10: 14/14 (normal); 13/14 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS)
- Icecrown Citadel 25: 14/14 (normal); 13/14 (heroic) (as Tank/DPS)
- Ruby Sanctum 10: 14/14 (normal) (as Tank/DPS)
- Ruby Sanctum 25: 14/14 (normal) (as Tank/DPS)

DERP

May 11, 2020, 12:38:02 am
Reply #7

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 12:38:02 am »
Hey man, not everyone can say they cleared all secret bosses im RS.
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:21:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

67 Guests, 0 Users