Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Pímp (XR)

June 03, 2020, 06:03:05 pm
Read 2484 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Pímp (XR)
« on: June 03, 2020, 06:03:05 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Pímp
Server: Ragnaros
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Ragnaros/P%C3%ADmp
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hi! My name is René I'm 28 years old and live in the biggest meme town of Denmark (Randers)
My contract says IT Support Technician, but in reality I am working as a System Administrator at a company that I'll leave unnamed for now. I am responsible for every system and all IT related devices, be it networking or mobile phones, computers or keyboards.
Outside of work and WoW I have a close relation ship with my younger brother and Sister and my mother, all of whole require some extra help in one way or an other.
I live with my Two cats (Per and Sandra) and I play entirely too much wow.
I also really enjoy building computers, and im a giant hardware nerd!

Class/Spec:

I'm a main spec Blood DK 477-479 equipped
Multi classing tank. Warrior and DH both around 474 equipped
For my off spec I've recently picked up frost. 477 equipped

Blood DK:
Blood DK unlike most other classes has three resources: Runes, Runic Power, and Health Pool.
Runic power is the primary spender, used to sustain health.
Runes are used to generate Runic power and mitigation, in the shape of Bone shields, and sometimes Runetap.
Our health pool is ´kind of self explanatory, if it hits 0 we die. But we also need to be carefull not to use our deaths strikes too soon as this will cause massive overhealing and potentially death, as the runic power will be gone  and we won't have the healing when we need it.

A quick rundown of relevant talent choises:
Tier 1 Heartbreaker - Blooddrinkger - Runestrike

I play wiht Heartbreaker in pretty much all scenarios as this provide the most runic power gain even on singletarget, which results in more healing.

A case could be made for Blooddrinker on single target as it does slightly more dps on a purely singletarget fight, but in that case I feel like there's more bennefit in opting for a more offensive gearing than changing this talent.

Rune Strike is not compeditive with the other talents in any way.

Tier 2 Rapid Decomposition - Hemostasis - Consumption

I play with Hemostasis in all siturations here. It provides a significant damage and healing buff to Death Stike depending on stacks, generally more mobs = more stacks, so it scales really well.

Rapdid Decompisition is fun to play for the damage output, but it's not comparable to Hemostasis defensive wise, and the damage difference again there would be a bigger bennefit in playing a more offensive gearing instead.

Tier 3 Foul Bulwark - Ossuary - Tombstone

There's only one vialbe choise here, and this is Ossuary. saving 11% RP on every Death Strike and getting a larger runic power pool is really very good.

Foulbulwark would be worth an average of ~6% increased health, maybe around 7 or 8% in a raid environment but there's no bennefit to a larger health pool

Tombstone is just not compeditive for it's cost and cooldown.

Tier 4 Will of the Necopolis (WotN) - Anti Magic Barrier - Rune Tap

My default choise here is WotN Unfortunately with the way they changed this talent this doesn't do very much, but since there's very little magical damage in the game This generally still outperforms Anti Magic Barrier.

Rune Tap is extreemly powerfull in a situration were a 1 shot could potentially happen.
Unfortunately Death strike healing scales on damage taken after mitigation, so unless a hit is actually goint to outright kill me, this talent serves for nothing other than redusing both my damage taken and healing done. effectively nullifying this talent in another other scenario than avoiding a oneshot.

Tier 5 is a Utility row and changest depending on fight requirements.
Movement
Mob controll in the shape of multiple massgrips
Or mobcontroll in the shape of a very potent slow on DnD

Tier 6
Bloodworms should be the only choise here. they do reasonable damage and healing.

Due to Blood DK's relatively low damage output Leech is not very desireable meaning Voracious isn't worth picking up.

Mark of Blood: this will heal for 2% of my max health when I am hit my an auto attack, this is not triggered by special attacks. Any auto attack will hit for more than 2% of my health pool, meaning this is effectively a very small mitigation twords melee swings. but at the cost of 30 Runic power compared to a Death Stike at 40 Runic power, that could potentially heal for my entire health pool (quite easily I might add) it's just not worth the cost.

Tier 7
Red Thirst is the go to talent here, it reduces the CD on vampiric blood based on the runic power spending. This synergises well with already talenting for high runic power generation. And it's simply the best on this tier.

Purgatory has potential uses on high risk encounters, but generally we are better off using the Essencse than purgatory (both cannot be used at the same time as one will bug the other one out, and they will proc at the same time, effectively still only having one cheat death)

Bonestorm also like Mark of blood suffers form the runic power cost on it.
And should gneerally only ever be picked if AOE damage output is needed, as the healing it does simply cannot compare to death strike, especially since the nature of Blood DK health is so very spikey, we also require our healing to be equally bursty, hence the relatively small heals of 15% of our max health per sec is not going to cut it. Had this however had no cost it would've seen a LOT more use.

As for rotation/priority list Blood DK is fairly simple:
Keep at least 5 stacks of Boneshield up at all times using marrow rend.
If 6 Boneshield stacks or less Or one shield has less than 5 secs duration remaning use marrow rend.
If you are on low health death strike.
Blood boil (always keep one charge on CD and preferably never heart strike without atleast one Hemostacis buff)
If next heart strike will cap runic power, then Death strike
Heart strike
Extra DPS from trinekts and/or essences would be here.
And weave in various CD's ofc.

Gearing and stats vary a lot depending on a given fight or content level.
For a fully defensive option stack as much versa as possible, with a healthy amount of haste.
For a more offensive approach Crit and haste are your friend.

Finding the right balance between defense and offence is the real trick to tanking Mythic raid bosses.
Generally I start at a more defensive structure, and then slowly transition into more damage as I get a better feel for my needs on a fight (no one want so to wipe because the tanks are DPS whores! :D)

Alts:

Prot Warrior 474 equipped. Good traits and stats, This was my main charr during BfA season 2, achived 2488 RIO this season.
Veng DH 475 equipped. Reasonable traits. This I've primarily kept as a leather tank/DPS for boosting keys and making gold.

Professions:

For my DK I keep Engineering for the Jeeves, and the belt enchants can come in very handy if an extra speed boost, or knock back is needed.
And Blacksmithing for the crafted items, getting to choose stats entirely on two items is extremely helpful.

Raiding Experience:

I have been playing the game for a long time so odds are I have forgotten a raid or two below:
WOTLK:
Nax: 10 and 25 man full clear, and earned the undying title (Frost DK tank and Enchancement shaman)
The Eye of Eternity: HC Clear (Frost DK tank and Enhancement shaman)
Ulduar: 10 full clear and earned the rusted protodrake. (Enhancement Shaman)
Trial of the crusader: HC full clear (Enahncement Shaman)
ICC: killed everything upto Sindragose 25 HC (Enhancement Shaman)

Cataclysm
Bastion of Twilight: upto and including Cho'gal (I believe) (Elemental shaman)
Blackwing Decent; I remember raiding this place but not how far I got I rememember Aramedes though
Thorne of Four Winds: HC clear (Elemental Shaman)
Firelands: HC ful lclear (Elemental Shaman)
Dragon Soul: HC full clear and all achivemnts (Surival Hunter)

I didn't raid during Mop and WoD I was 100% focused on PvP

Legion:
I didn't raid during Emeral Nightmare I was too hooked on M+ (I was a complete noob at the time)
But I did get Ahead of the curve in both Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor
The Nighthold: 7/10 Mythic  (Elemental shaman)
Tomb of Sageras: 5/9 Mythic, at this point I took a break from the game. and came back just in time to get Antorus Curve. (Elemental/Reto shaman)

Battle for Azeroth:
I was working shifts and couldn't commit to raiding at the start of this expansion.
Uldir: 1 boss Mythic (Blood and Unholy DK)
Bod: 5/8 Mythic then guild disbanded (swedish guild on Stormscale)(Elemental shaman)
Crusible of storms: Curve: Prot warrior
Eternal Place: 6/8 Mythic - both Za'qul and Queen progress to about 10% (Elemental Shaman)
Ny'Alotha: 11/12 (Blood DK Main tank) Guild disbanded.

Previous Guilds:

Deadly Penguins - Tarren Mill:
This was a project my Brother, and a previous friend(let's call him Stuart) and I took on at the start of this tier.
After having cleared HC however it was very clear that  Stuart wanted to go in a different directing with the guild that we thought we had agreed on. And so I left the guild.

Crit Alt Delete - Stormscale
I joined these guys and we started progressing. Unfortunately they had a really toxic tank in the guild and after about a month or so, I ultimately left the guild. This was a really nice guild mostly, but having a toxic environment in a tanking team is not a good way to spend 3 evenings a week.
I would be happy to elaborate on this if you feel this is needed.
Unfortunately shortly thereafter the guild more or less disbanded.

Korean Nuke Tactics:
A fully danish guild then recruited me to push CE as their tank had quit the game.
This was a blast to play with, we had lots of fun, and we had some really good progress for a 6 hours a week guild. 6 hours canceled due to exams and stuff, and 4 reclears + 6 progress bosses in 8 weeks.
But after having killed Carapace the officers decided mid raid to disband the raid team and go else were for their cutting edge.

Dead On My Screen
Having looked around for a new home for a while I joined Dead On My Screen as a trial to start after they kill Nzoth.
But having been around here for a week or so it does not feel like the right place for me.

Availability:

I work everyday from 08:00 till 16:00 officially.
But I can move my times slightly how ever I like basically (I have a really cool boss BTW)
And I usually don't have many plans during weekends, and a very small family.
Therefore Generally speaking I can be available any day after 16:30 and untill 01:00 or so.

Ofc there will sometimes be family stuff happening, birthdays what not, or a work emergency.
But this is very rare.

Communication:

I consider myself a good English speaker, and reasonable written.
I Do not currently have TeamSpeak 3 but this is something I can download and setup.
I have a good microphone and I do use it. (I've just ordered a new one actually, Røde NT-USB with boom arm and a shock mount)
I can listen and follow instructions when needed to, and I am not too shy to speak when relevant.

Computer / Connection:

I have a Monster Computer setup, and a great stable Internet connection, I have no FPS drops or lags anywhere in the game, not even whe playing in 4k res with ultra settings and streaming on twitch at the same time.
I will leave the actual computer stats below for any fellow nerds below :D

CPU: i9 9900K 3,6GHZ (Turbo to 5GHZ)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro
RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB 16 GB
Mobo: Asus Strix Z390-E ROG
GFX: Asus Strix 1080 TI OC (11 GB RAM)
Storage: Samsung Evo 970 500 GB NVMe M.2
Case: Corsair 680x Crystal RGB
PSU: Corsair 750CX PSU

Monitor: LG 27" 4k IPS (LG 27UD68P-B)
Internet: Fiber connection 500/500 Mbit

Addons/UI:

Details
ElvUI + Datatext bars 2
Weak Auras
BigWigs/LittleWigs + Voice
ERT
Auto Combat logger
FixRaid (mostly for pugging)
Macro Toolkit
Opie
Plater
RCLootCouncil
Somulationcraft

As my UI doesn't show any keybindings since most of my actions bars are hidden, I will take two screenshots, one with actions bars and keybindings shown, and one like I would have it normally.

M+ UI:
https://gyazo.com/6df8b8754f64d6c057e0c7a6e6a27dc2

Raiding UI:
https://gyazo.com/e2027c0d3382e3145eefa38ad823331c

Action bars and keybindings:
https://gyazo.com/890c1be563fb9706e9d448b38444b897

You'll see the same icon multiple times, these are macros for gripping target, focus target, gripping and stopping auto swings so I don't mistakenly break a CC.
Mas gripping to myself, my focus target or my current target.
The question sign macros are for setting and/or resetting a focus target with mouse over, a macro for removing all heals during Ra-Den 2nd phase, and finally a Pull timer for M+
Additionally I have the interact with mouse over bound to alt+Q for east gateway usage.
And finally My Death Strike button is a macro that lets me Deathstrike (obviously) this also removes BoP (for M+ usage, primarily on Necrotic) and it reapplies my infinite rune.

Other Games:

I play other games on and off, the only returning game seems to be Diablo 3.
I really enjoy playing games like Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Breakpoint, The Division, and ARP games.
For a while I had a lot of fun with Rocket League as well.

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking for a new place to call home after my old guild disbanded.
The officer core decided to disband the raiding team right after killing Carapce.

Nashor mentioned The guild and after having talked a bit I had a look on your website.
And I believe we could be a great fit.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer the guild a high performing loyal, multi classing Competitive and progress oriented player.
I'm pretty much always in a great mood and I enjoy playing the game.
I spend entirely too much time in the game, and  I enjoy both progressing my self, aswell and helping others.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Nashor Told me about you guys, we click well together, from my talks with Nashor I believe This guild and I would be a great fit.
Nashor and I have played osme M+ during S4 together.

Last Words?

I prefer tanking and I will 100% be maining a tank in Shadowlands, most likely DK tank and DH Tank as my first alt.
That said I've just recently picked up frost as an offspec, and I will be getting corruptions for it over the next few days (they are on sale from the vendor #HYPE!) so I'dd be able to play Frost DK for the remainder of the tier.

June 03, 2020, 07:06:32 pm
Reply #1

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Pímp (XR)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:06:32 pm »
Met this guy during m+ endeavours and played with him on a daily basis for the past few weeks. I think he is a layed back vocal person that is good at tanking/dpsing in m+ from what i've seen.

His lack of mythic raiding experience is slightly unfortunate but with common sense you can get far.

most importantly its a nice guy

Cheers,

Nashor

June 07, 2020, 02:25:46 am
Reply #2

Offline Tyssar

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 02:25:46 am »
I also vouch for him, played with him tonight doing some high level keys and he really seems a really good player and a nice person to play with.
Im sure he would be a nice addition to our raiding team.

June 07, 2020, 02:30:25 am
Reply #3

Offline Fr3nZz

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 02:30:25 am »
I vouch for him like 100%. I met him through M+ and i rly think he is an amazing guy with verry huge wow skills. The verry best thing i like about him is that he is not afraid to step up and be the caller.

I would love to have him in our guild

PEACE.

June 07, 2020, 02:08:31 pm
Reply #4

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 02:08:31 pm »
Hey Rene,
Thanks for applying and good to see our fellow raiders put in a good word.
We can offer you a trial as dps for N'zoth. As you mentioned you have made the switch to dps recently, so we'll see how you hold up.
If it doesn't work then we'll retrial as your desired tanking role for shadowlands.

Poke an officer for an invite
Welcome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:13:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

79 Guests, 0 Users