Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - OwMyJosh

September 07, 2020, 10:44:41 pm
Read 2163 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - OwMyJosh
« on: September 07, 2020, 10:44:41 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: OwMyJosh
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/OwMyJosh
Class/Spec: Druid (Healer)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Josh, 30, UK (Cheshire), Currently working full time at a system integrator/PC component store.

Class/Spec:

Currently a resto druid in M+.  Ilvl 476 with good statted gear and corruptions.

Looking to main a class with a good tank off spec in SL, the spec doesn't really bother me. Currently thinking Monk/DH/DK will be the best choice and then playing another one of these as an alt. I'm happy to play any of these to fit your raid setup.

As healing isn't really the main focus of M+ in most encounters the versatility build maximises DPS while still keeping healing at a reasonable level, the added DR also helps with unavoidable damage. It's really just about maximising DPS where possible while healing at the minimum.

Alts:

As mentioned above I'm looking to keep a well geared alt in case of any balance issues. With the potential for covenant switching to be an added annoyance for people wanting to multi spec, I would look to maximise my raid performance first and then M+ second. Ideally i will be able to main something that makes use of the same covenant in both pieces of content.

Professions:

I will be playing with herbalism at the start of the expansion for extra money and then will be moving to something more beneficial for performance after the first month or so. I can't really say what will be the best for my spec currently but i will just utilise whatever profession gives me the most gain, whether that be an alchemy for a trinket or some other profession specific gear.

Raiding Experience:

I've always been plagued with Internet issues (due to living in a rural area) and so raiding has never really been something i could apply myself to. I gave it a try in Legion and got CE in Emerald Nightmare but due to random Internet spikes of 500ms it limited my performance quite heavily and i quit around the start of TOV. Fortunately i have resolved those internet issues in the past 4-5 months and i have been pushing M+ and have really been enjoying it. Moving forwards in SL i wanted a 2 day guild to compliment this that allows me to enjoy raiding and still do M+.

My RIO - https://raider.io/characters/eu/kazzak/Owmyjosh

Previous Guilds:

The only serious guild i was involved in was the one i mentioned above in Legion, we started to have issues with recruitment (Alliance problems) that made it less enjoyable but my main issue was poor quality internet.

Availability:

I work 8-5:30pm UK time. Outside of this I play most if not all nights.

Communication:

My English is good, I have Discord and TS3 and I can talk.

Computer / Connection:

I have a very good computer, no issues. My internet connection is now very stable and i haven't disconnected in a long time.

Addons/UI:

BigWigs - I just find it a bit easier to use then DBM for dungeons at least, I can easily remove alerts for trash and bosses in a few seconds. I'm sure DBM has similar functionality its just not something i have messed around with much.

Weakaura - Jack of all trades, have some to help with mechanics, some for visibility.

Plater - My prefered nameplates addon, just due to ease of information.

Clique - Easily setup mouseovers

MoveAnything - I have my UI setup around a default style atm, it's not really flashy but it does the job for what i need it to.

I'll probably refresh my UI for SL as i haven't done much raiding since my return and its really only setup for M+. I haven't really decided what it will be yet, really as long as its functional that's all that matters to me.

I just ran into ML to show my UI quick, sorry i didn't have anything from an actual run - https://ibb.co/Bs2N0cY

Other Games:

Mostly just WOW and a bit of LOL atm.

I have played a lot of CS/OW and have reached global elite and top 500.

Also enjoy POE when a new league releases.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a stable long term guild that i can progress with over multiple tiers. Somewhere with a focused mindset on progressing in a 2 day setting that maximises our time but still allows us to enjoy other parts of wow and other games occasionally.

For me i have really been enjoying M+ but have lacked people to play with consistently so if there is anyone in the guild willing to do some high keys that would also be a plus.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm an optimistic guy and I'm always looking to improve and maximise performance where i can. I'm very committed to long term goals such as farming my own Long Boi before 8.1.

I'm flexible in what I am willing to play and I'm confident i will be able to perform with any class.

Outside of raiding I'll be doing M+ a lot so any guildies are welcome to join.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

I understand I probably lack the necessary requirements to join but i thought it was worth a shot. Unfortunately in the past i haven't had the opportunity to really play in a competitive setting due to internet issues but I'm looking to start fresh in SL. I have strong ambitions to be high on the Raider IO rankings and i feel Iron Edge would be a good fit.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in contact with me at ohmyjosh#6845 on discord or OhMyJosh#21890 on Bnet

September 09, 2020, 12:11:13 am
Reply #1

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

Re: Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - OwMyJosh
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:11:13 am »
Dear Josh,

I like your app even though on some topics it is a bit on the weak side. At this time i can't offer you a spot on the raiding team. if you would like to join as a social you're welcome to.

If not i wish you goodluck on your search for a suitable raiding guild.

kind regards,

Nashor

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:59:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 0 Users