Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Jynxxdk (XR)

October 05, 2020, 02:10:14 pm
Read 2051 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Jynxxdk
Server: Draenor
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Draenor/Jynxxdk
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Josh McDermott, I'm 27 and live in North Wales. I work as a materials scientist for Airbus and have worked there for about 7 years. I work shift patterns at Airbus, meaning that I cannot stick to a fixed raid schedule during the week as I will be either working 6:00-13:00 or 13:30-20:30 depending on the week.

Class/Spec:

I am well versed in all 3 Death Knight specs as I have been playing the DK as my main character since WotLK, as a result I like to keep myself geared for each spec. Typically through the back end of BFA I have been playing DPS in a raid environment, both specs dependent on the fight requirements, off tanking when needed and then playing a mixture of blood and DPS in M+. My DK is sitting around 472 ilvl for each spec. Moving into Shadowlands I am looking to focus more on tanking in all settings although I know that finding a tanking space in guilds can be difficult, I am still willing to DPS however if required.

I would like to think that I have a great understanding of how a DK works having played it for 10+ years. I have been involved with a lot of different "outside of the box" events that have required me to use the class to its full ability to ensure that we have achieved kills. Examples of this include;
- 25 DK's vs Dragon Soul HC (MoP pre-patch) -

- 25 DK's vs Heart of Fear -

- 10 DK's vs Heart of Fear HC -

- Most recently 20 tanks vs Ny'alotha Mythic -

These events lead to me having to utilise the class to its maximum potential, for example in HoF HC, Garalon's main mechanic was the pheromone debuff that needed to be kited all fight, this is easy with healers to heal the debuffed player, however with 10 DK's and no ability to melee the boss, we had to come up with another solution. We used a minor glyph that never saw use that would put a small shield on your target if you used death coil on them, using this glyph and a target of target macro on death coil, the remaining 9 K's who could hit the boss would "heal" the debuffed target.

As for BFA my current stat priorities are as follows;
Unholy (Gargoyle Build (short ST fights)) - Haste>Crit all other stats are useless
Unholy (AotD Build (mid/long ST fights)) - Haste>Crit all other stats are useless
Unholy (AOE / Heavy cleave fights) - Mastery>Haste>Crit=Vers

Frost (Icecap) - Crit=Haste>Vers>Mastery
Frost (Breath) - Mastery>Haste>=Crit>Vers

Blood - iLvl>Vers>all other stats

Alts:

Enhancement Shaman (120) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/silvermoon/thirteen
Mage (120) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/silvermoon/jynxxmage

Professions:

Alchemy - For longer flasks and cheaper way to get potions
Blacksmithing - Plate wearing class, few easy pieces of gear to make at the start of each patch, keys that can be used if you don't have a rogue i.e. M+

Raiding Experience:

My raiding experience has been long and varied, with a few periods of inactivity.
BFA - I have not really been that active through BFA only coming back at the end of 8.2 moving into 8.3, prior to 8.2 I got AotC Eternal Palace (not much of an achievement i'm aware) and then moving into 8.3 I found a weekend guild that suited my hours and focused on mythic progression. during most of Ny'alotha I managed to achieve 11/12M with progression attempts on N'zoth prior to burnout within the guild I was in.
Legion - similar to BFA was largely an expansion were I didn't play at a high level, raiding in a friends guild on my shaman as I had commitments outside of the game completing a Bachelors degree, I completed all raids at HC difficulty during this time was a couple of mythic bosses thrown in.
WoD - Was WoD so didn't play a lot
MoP - SoO 14/14M / ToT 11/13 Heroic / TotES 4/4 Heroic / HoF 6/6 Heroic / Mogu'shan Vaults 6/6 Heroic
Cata - Dragon Soul 12/12 Heroic / Firelands 6/7 Heroic

I occasionally dip into arena, playing both unholy and frost dependent on the comp but have never had a stable team to push with.

Previous Guilds:

Team Cobra (Draenor) - Was on trial with Team Cobra looking to be a part of their raid team moving into Shadowlands, guild decided after 3 weeks of my trail that they were not going to continue into Shadowlands and dispanded.
Weekend Warriors (Draenor) - Played through most of 8.3 with WW, disagreements with a lot of the raid team and the officer team lead to the raid team loosing too many members to continue progress after 11/12M, I left as I still wanted to raid.
Red Branch (Silvermoon) - Friends guild I supported with progression, mostly heroic as I had commitments outside of the game
THoF (Nagrand) - The guild I joined during SoO and stayed with throughout WoD, left as I could not commit to the teams raid schedule

Availability:

As I said at the start of the application I work shifts and as a result my availability through the week is normally varied, weekends however I have free time. the only holiday I currently have booked is for the shadowlands release week (whenever it ends up being ;) )

Communication:

English first language, I do have TS3 and have a mic, I would like to say that I am willing to be an active speaker when called upon.

Computer / Connection:

Upgraded my PC a couple of years ago and can happily play WoW at 4k with decent FPS. Running fibre internet and is very stable.

Addons/UI:

Elvui - Set up so that I can take in as much info as possible without having to look away from my character
Bigwigs - Boss mods, preferred over DBM, have better customisation options in my opinion
Weak aura - It's Weak auras do I need to say any more?
ERT - Used for notes and tools dependent on fight requirements
RCLC
Simulationcraft - Used to sim my character on raidbots

UI - https://imgur.com/80ihqIQ

Other Games:

Overwatch
Hearthstone
Diablo
CoD MW
LoL - Not very good!
F1 2020

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a progression raiding guild that can fit into my RL schedule, it is difficult to find guilds that are progress focus and also raid at limited times. Hopefully I can make some new friends along the way!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I will be on time and available for all raids, with notice given way ahead of time if I can't. I am flexible in what role I can play in the team and will play whatever is best to enable the team to perform its best. I always strive to be the best and as a result will always push to have the most optimal set up I can, working on my character both inside and outside of raids. I am not gear driven and so won't complain if "I don't get the BiS gear" because it is a better upgrade for someone else.

Finally outside of playing the game, I would like to think that I am a friendly person who is always willing to make new friends, play/try out new games and get to know the people I play with. :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Searching for guilds that raid on weekends on wowprogress

Last Words?

I think I have covered everything I can, I would just like to thank you for taking your time to read my application and look forward to hearing from you soon. Cheers, Josh

October 06, 2020, 04:18:52 pm
Reply #1

Online Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Jynxxdk (XR)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 04:18:52 pm »
Hello Josh.

I don't think Iron Edge would be a good fit for you.
Good luck!
Ba dun tss!

October 08, 2020, 10:36:28 pm
Reply #2

Offline Jynxx

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 10:36:28 pm »
Hi Xorm,

Thanks for the response, if you don't mind me asking, why do you not think Iron Edge would not be a good fit?

Cheers,
Josh

October 08, 2020, 10:52:18 pm
Reply #3

Online Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 10:52:18 pm »
Hello Josh,

We talked to a few of your former officers and raid leaders and we got the impression that your expectations will not be met in the weekend raid.

Good luck in your guild search!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 10:59:59 pm by Xorm »
Ba dun tss!

October 08, 2020, 10:58:03 pm
Reply #4

Offline Jynxx

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 10:58:03 pm »
Okay, thanks for the feedback, good luck in Shadowlands :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length