Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Alexamasio

November 13, 2020, 04:38:12 pm
Read 2086 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Alexamasio
« on: November 13, 2020, 04:38:12 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Alexamasio
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Alexamasio
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hello there, My name is Alex, I'm 31 turning 32 soon and I'm from Portugal. I'm currently working from home during the pandemic and that's about it really.

I'm a shy person until I'm confortable but after that I think I'm a funny guy. (at least my girlfriend and my mom say so)

I came back to the game a few days ago and my previous experiences were during Legion and I played for about 3-4 months during BFA only.

Feel free to ask my any other questions in-game or wherever.

PS: The dog is very cute

Class/Spec:

Well I mostly played Fire during Legion and during BFA I played a DH for most of the time.
Right now I'm playing Frost since my brother says It's going to be the best for Shadowlands and I quote (I see you already got the rotation figured). He later told me that it got nerfed and so I'll play Fire for M+. Point is I can play both Frost and Fire at a decent level, I obviously believe I can get betterw.

My gear level is useless since like I said I just got back to the game a few days ago. but for the record it's 107 (mostly from the current pre-patch event and a couple M+ runs)

Well, I still haven't tried fire in the pre-path but it used to be:
Pyroblast as opener > Fireball until hot streak > Rune of Power > pyroblast for single target/flamestrike for large packs > Combustion > Fire blast > Pyroblast > Fire blast > Pyroblast > fireball > Repeat

For Frost:
From what I've been studying and noticing using it, I can't say there's a standard rotation since it's very depending on when the procs ocour so instead I can state the priority for spells (depending if there's a priority burst window):
Icy veins
Frozen orb
ice lance (when i get the proc)
flurry (when i get the proc, followed by 2 ice lances)
blizzard for 2 or more targets to reset frozen orb
frost bolt when everything is on cooldown and there are no procs available

Keep in mind that I've only recently started playing this spec, so learning in progress :D

Alts:

I have 4 but the only one at level 50 is my DH that I played in BFA

Professions:

Herbalism and Alchemy. Nothing special since I didn't play BFA.
I just like gathering herbs while listening to music when I'm bored

Raiding Experience:

I got cutting edge Xavius in Legion and then I got a girlfriend, so I didn't play as often.

Previous Guilds:

I was in Ruthless Few during Legion, and the other one (where I got cutting edge), I seriously don't remmember, people weren't very vocal (outside of raids) there so I got no connections with people

Availability:

I work from 10:00 to 19:00 server time during week days and appart from that, only when I have to cook dinner

Communication:

I think my english is on an ok level although I might be a bit rusty. I can listen yes. I do have a microphone and I'm not afraid to use it!!! Just kidding, but yeah like I said, I'm a shy guy until I'm comfortable but I don't have a problem talking with people.

Computer / Connection:

I think it is yes, although it's a laptop for CAD I haven't experience significant fps drops so far. No fps issues so far. I have 86.7 Mbps download and 87.7 Mbps upload. Haven't experienced a dc yet. Never had high ping or lag until these pre-patch events (on the rares). Haven't disconected yet.

Addons/UI:

My addons were configured by my brother since he has played longer than I have. But I can say I use DBM for boss warnings and some weak auras for priority spell cooldown's, I also use one that I don't remmember the name for distance checking.

My UI: https://imgur.com/TQexSxs

Other Games:

I played League of Legends on and off for a few years, and currently I play with my friends every now and then.

Since I have a phone I´ve also played clash royale for 3 years and I'm now playing AFK Arena.

Why Iron Edge?

Well, what really caught my eye was, as the title says "weekend raid", my schedule is very volatile on week days since I usually have to cook and sometimes my girlfriend wants to watch a movie or something (she's a nurse and she sometimes works night shifts, so I never know when I'll be available to raid). I have an easier time to be available during weekends and since I want more than a casual  experience in shadowlands... here I am

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Loyalty and commitment to get better.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

In-game guild finder

Last Words?

Thank you for considering my application. I'm not sure if people usually type as much or more than me but regardless it's a task to read all the way through one of these I imagine. I'd really like a chance  to join and get to know you guys.

Also, I'll show you pictures of my cat if you let me in (and if you want of course) :D

November 13, 2020, 05:49:31 pm
Reply #1

Offline Franga

• Guild Member

• Xorm's Dad

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Alexamasio
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 05:49:31 pm »
Não sei se há espaço para mais tugas na raid mas... também não me cabe a mim decidir!

Overall seems like a good application, not sure about another portuguese guy in the team tho.

Boa sorte!

November 15, 2020, 04:54:27 pm
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 04:54:27 pm »
Hello Alex,

This is a pretty decent application.
I see that you don't have a lot of mythic xp, aside from the first tier of Legion. You may need to push yourself a little more than everyone else that's used to grinding to keep their characters relevant.

Do you think you'll be able to do that?
Ba dun tss!

November 15, 2020, 06:46:28 pm
Reply #3

Offline Alexamasio

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 06:46:28 pm »
Thank you for the replies :)

I believe so, yes.

November 16, 2020, 07:54:40 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 07:54:40 pm »
Hello again Alex.

I'm sorry it took so long to come back to you with this, but I really had to think this through with the other raid officers.
Unfortunately, i don't think you'll be a good fit for our raid team.

Good luck in your guild search!
Ba dun tss!

November 16, 2020, 11:41:44 pm
Reply #5

Offline Alexamasio

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 11:41:44 pm »
I understand, cheers :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:00:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

77 Guests, 0 Users