Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Paladin (DPS) - Patux

December 10, 2020, 12:45:23 am
Read 2558 times

Applicant

Social Application - Paladin (DPS) - Patux
« on: December 10, 2020, 12:45:23 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Patux
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Patux
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hello there! My name is Paavo and I'm a 26 year old Finnish engineering student on the last few bits of my studies. I also work during my studies and spend quite some time in Germany when there's no global pandemic going on.

Class/Spec:

Retribution Paladin.
Paladin was the first class I ever played, and I just kinda stuck with it. I prefer dps over the other roles, but I dabble with tanking sometimes.
I enjoy popping wings and going hard with the bursty DPS style. I enjoy pushing mythic+ keys, and I love the strong utility with blessings, shields, and strong heals (Word of Glory specifically!)

Alts:

Manholecover, lvl 60 Arms warrior. Not very geared yet, going to work on it later.

Professions:

Starting off in a new server on expansion launch I went with Mining and Herbalism to make some gold early on. Most likely going to switch to Blacksmithing and Alchemy later on, since that's what I used to make money with using TSM.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Did some semi-casual raiding in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm clearning normals and parts of heroic in ICC and Firelands. Had a long break until Legion. Cleared heroic Antorus and Uldir partly with guild and partly with pugs, then taking a break until Shadowlands again.
Casual PVPer, never made much higher than 1800 in arena.

Previous Guilds:

Wrath of the Lich King - Cataclysm: Legioona, Finnish raiding guild, struggled with not finding enough Finnish players on a dying server (Balnazzar). Ended up switching to a more populated server with a couple of friends.
Battle for Azeroth: Vicious, mainly a PvP guild that did some casual normal and heroic raiding. The guild ended up dying with most of the core people quitting or leaving.

Availability:

Mostly available outside Monday-Friday after 4pm CET, whenever during weekends. Sometimes I take trips to my girlfriend in Germany where my availability is so and so.

Communication:

I'm proficient in English. Sometimes people have hard time understanding something through my thick Finnish accent, but most of the time it's fine. I have Teamspeak, and I can speak and listen. I am a bit shy while getting to know people, but very vocal when I get to know them.

Computer / Connection:

I have a computer that runs WoW well without any fps issues. Good internet connection with no lag. Disconnects are rare and usually caused by me kicking my broken internet cable under my table.

Addons/UI:

Deadly Boss Mods - Helps with boss mechanics
WeakAuras - Used to use this to track some class mechanics, haven't setup for Shadowlands yet
Simulationcraft - Used for simulating best gear choices
Skada - Tracking damage/healing, interrupts, target focus, dispells, etc.
ElvUI - I like the look of the UI

UI is still a bit of a work in progress. Will update it as I notice lacks/possible improvements doing mythic+ and raids: https://i.imgur.com/9hdruha.png
Keybinds are all shown, most of the heals/dispell/blessings are on a mouseover/target/self -macro. Stopcasting macro for divine shield and mouse cursor macro for covenant teleport.

Other Games:

Overwatch, Valorant, League of Legends, Dead by Daylight, Counter Strike, Path of Exile. These are the ones I play currently or always come back to, of course I try a lot of other games as well.

Why Iron Edge?

The guild description made it seem like this guild could have a nice atmosphere. I have been torn between getting more dedicated with a serious raiding team, or applying as a social member. Your guild seemed like a good fit and I'd love to be a part of it! The well-made guild website also appealed to me :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A fun guy to hang around and do content with!
I'm very interested in finding people to do mythic+ keys with. If you ever have social raids or need a stand-in for one of the other raids, I'd love to join!
I like to do some casual PvP and also achievements and legacy content are something I enjoy doing. Most of my old WoW friends have quit by now so I'm gonna be needing some people to do all this content with!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

The in-game guild finder. Checked you out on wowprogress after seeing you there.

Last Words?

I think most of the stuff got said in the parts above this one. Hope you like my application!

December 11, 2020, 01:23:14 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Paladin (DPS) - Patux
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 01:23:14 am »
Hi Patux,

You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 11, 2020, 04:23:23 pm
Reply #2

Offline Patu

• Vendor Trash

Re: Social Application - Paladin (DPS) - Patux
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 04:23:23 pm »
Thank you Rash! I sent a message to an officer and got an invite :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:12:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

32 Guests, 0 Users