Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Pratina

January 26, 2021, 12:57:14 am
Read 1818 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Pratina
« on: January 26, 2021, 12:57:14 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Pratina
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Pratina
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hello,

My name is Iosif, and I am interested in joining the weekend group of the team. I used to play in Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK and decided to come back in a more casual manner. Good communication is highly valued from my end.

Name: Iosif
Work: Ph.D. candidate in chemical engineering

Class/Spec:

Currently, my main spec is shadow. In the past (WotLK) I have played as a holy priest.
The reason why I decided to play shadow in this expansion is because I want to experience playing as a DPS with a priest which I have not ever done. My item level in this spec is 200.

At the current stage of the game, haste, followed by critical strike and mastery are the main priorities as a shadowpriest in my opinion. The reason for haste being that good is that it allows for vampiring touch, shadow word pain, and devouring plague to scale well by adding more ticks in their duration. Additionally, devouring plague is ranked first for damage done as a shadowpriest.

My rotation is a "caster and spender" approach where the two primary dots (vampiring touch are always up) are applied, while mind blast and void torrent are cast on cooldown. However, as devouring plague accounts for more than 20% of the overall damage of the class, as soon as >50 insanity is generated, it is immediately cast on the enemy target. Mind flay is used as a filler.

My opening rotation is Vampiring touch -> shadow word pain -> void torrent -> devouring plague -> mind blast.  

Alts:

I do not have any alts on this server because I transferred my character recently. My main alt in the past was a rogue that I played on TBC.

Professions:

I have Tailoring and Enchanting as my professions, both at maximum level.

Raiding Experience:

My raiding experience is mostly from TBC and WotLK:

TBC: KZ, GL, ML, TK 2/4, MH 4/5, BT 4/9

WOTLK: I have cleared everything on WoTLK, except for Algalon.

I stopped playing due to studies at WoTLK.

Previous Guilds:

My previous guilds were Jaegermeisters (Vanilla, TBC) on Chromaggus, and Infernals on Genjuros (WoTLK), which are both now disbanded.

Availability:

My available time is mostly during the weekend due to work obligations, when I can play more easily also due to the time difference. That's why I am also applying for the weekend raiding team. I do not have an exams, my only time off will be when I take my vacation in August/Christmas to spend with my family, or when I travel for a conference.

Communication:

Yes.

Computer / Connection:

I play without lag and disconnect issues. My ping is ~120 due to playing from the US.

Addons/UI:

The addons that I use are:

ELVUI: To create more space on my screen and have things organized.
Details: To break down what is happening on each fight.
Deadly Boss Mods: To receive warnings if dungeon/raid encounters.
MaxCam: To zoom out completely from my character and see what is happening in the surroundings.
WeakAuras: To create an ability toolkit for my main abilities.

A screenshot of my UI can be found in the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-T9ZYe9HjUoA2UaXFWsFH7kPzGu8UZZ/view?usp=sharing

Other Games:

League of Legends.

Why Iron Edge?

The reason why I want to join Iron Edge, is primarily because at the current stage of my life, my goal is to enjoy the game as much as possible in a good environment. As I have observed, your team highly values a healthy atmosphere and that makes it attractive to me. Furthermore, the convenient raiding times are a big plus for me due to my work load and time difference.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I will bring quite a bit of experience to Iron Edge, having played the game for a long time in the past. I am mature player whose attendance and behavior should be expected to be at a high level. Performance-wise, I believe I understand the pros and cons of a shadowpriest.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

January 26, 2021, 11:07:04 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Pratina
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 11:07:04 pm »
Hello Pratina,

I really like your app. But unfortunately, you lack the experience we need at this point in the xpac.
Good luck in your search!
Ba dun tss!

January 26, 2021, 11:19:44 pm
Reply #2

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 11:19:44 pm »
Nice name tho

January 26, 2021, 11:34:29 pm
Reply #3

Offline Pratina

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 11:34:29 pm »
Many thanks for your time. Best of luck in the future!

P.S. Thank you! The exact translation of my name is ewe (Provatina in Greek). From the region I come from in Greece, Provatina is pronounced as Pratina.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:08:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users