Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Gregfury

January 07, 2022, 03:01:39 pm
Read 1974 times

Applicant

Social Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Gregfury
« on: January 07, 2022, 03:01:39 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Gregfury
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Gregfury
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

I'm 32, based out of Tokyo (currently) and India (soon), married with 2 little ones! I have been playing WoW for a while now, and I'm very interested to join as a social in Iron Edge, and eventually plan on applying for either ToT or Weekend Raid.

Currently, I am in a transition period, wherein I have a bit of time on my hand, so I am working on leveling up and gearing a Demon Hunter on Kazzak (currently 20'ish). I have plugged my way to AotC (Tanking on Bear) and 7/10 HC in SoD.

Right now, I'd want to focus on one character for a while and progress with a group of like-minded people. I spend a lot of time watching WoW content creators, and I am not affected by the entire scene that's happening at the Blizz HQ's currently, as WoW is one of the very few games that I like to play since my teenage days.

Class/Spec:

DH's are quite fun to play, less keybinds but gets the work done, and it only has 2 sub-specs, and I like the mobility that VDH brings into its tanking reportaire. Since I sometimes play during weird hours due to timezone difference, playing a class that as a a Tank offspec does wonders for the content-munching I can do all by myself.

Alts:

I have a bunch of horde characters at level 60, however, I'd like to focus on my DH till I clear 9.2 Tier at least midway through HC.

Professions:

I used to be a tailor/enchanter primarily, however, due to the introduction of WoW Token, I feel that the entire point of having professions maxed out has jaded, as you could rather spend 10-15$ to buy a token and use it to get whatever power-creep mechanic that's currently active, in Shadowlands, it would be the legendary base types.

However, I have picked up Skinning/Herbalism on my DH, as I can passively skin mobs in Mists and other dungeons while playing the game, and hunt herb nodes while waiting for a dungeon group to form.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I started raiding in Highmaul, cleared AotC on my Disc/Resto Druid, since then, I try to clear at least normal raids and hallway through heroic. I know the classes that I play to a very good extent, as I consume a lot of WoW content for the said class via Reddit/Class Discord/Twitch/Youtube Content Creators.

I am an absolute newb at PvP, mainly as I play a bit of DotA on the side with old friends to satiate the player vs. player itch.

Previous Guilds:

I have joined a few guilds and have cleared content with them, but due to guilds dying out, and in funnier cases, never having an officer invite my character to the guild etc etc, kinda has me still on the hunt to find the right fit.

Availability:

I am available quite a lot till the end of March '22, post that I have to relocate out of Japan, so there will be a bit of AFK'ness till I get settled in.

Communication:

Yes, I can speak and communicate very well in English, and yes, I have a good quality mic.

Computer / Connection:

I built a desktop for myself a while ago, I have a full dual monitor setup, which allows me to stream content at max quality with no glitches whatsover.

Addons/UI:

You can see the UI setup for my DH here -> https://i.imgur.com/yNCbTbI.jpg

I use a mix of ElvUI (ToxiUI), Plater, DBM, MDT, Details!, M+Timer and bunch of WeakAuras like Class WA's, Cursor Circle WA, M+ Count WA etc etc.

I have a Razer Naga Hex, so keybindings are managed through that.

Other Games:

DotA 2 and Path of Exile, and some console games on my Switch with family.

Why Iron Edge?

I am intrigued by the 3 teams that you currently have raiding, which means that there will always be people around for spamming M+ dungeons or consuming regular content etc.

Also, I am trying to find a right fit guild for me, it has been a while now, the hunt has not ended.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Initially as a social, I'd be happy to help everyone through M+ dungeons, as I am playing Main Spec Tank, later on, once I settle in, I am hoping to move on to the ToT Team and enjoy some raiding on the side, I can DPS or Tank, depending on what's needed.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Official WoW Realm Forums!

Last Words?

Looking forward to a social invite!

January 08, 2022, 09:50:42 am
Reply #1

Offline Gregfury

• Guild Member

• Be Quick, Time is Mana!

Re: Social Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Gregfury
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 09:50:42 am »
Looks like I forgot to create an account, which I just did now, sorry if that was part of the process.
There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation; the former is wisdom, the latter is fear!

January 08, 2022, 02:57:48 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 02:57:48 pm »
Hi Gregfury!

I'd like to manage your expectations a little bit; While we do have three raiding teams and I would consider the guild active right now, we are definitely not as active as we would be at earlier stages of a content cycle.

What's your MS like playing on a European server but living that far away?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 08, 2022, 03:25:11 pm
Reply #3

Offline Gregfury

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 03:25:11 pm »
Hey Rash!

Yes, I totally understand that the team is probably not the most active right now, which is fine by me, as I am working on getting geared up and whatnot, so I will bide my time.

Regarding MS, it's around ~200, but a very stable one at that, I've had no troubles whatsoever with latency while goofing around in 17s/18s and heroic 20man raids as a tank. When I used to be in India, the MS was around ~120-130. I've played games all of my life on these pings, except for those few years when I was in London for my Masters, sub 10 ping was nice to have for a little while.
There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation; the former is wisdom, the latter is fear!

January 11, 2022, 09:01:37 am
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 09:01:37 am »
Alright, you can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 11, 2022, 09:06:16 am
Reply #5

Offline Gregfury

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 09:06:16 am »
Great thanks, I'll look around for an officer!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:20:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

78 Guests, 1 User
Naasty