Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 I am Legend

December 25, 2007, 11:47:06 pm
Reply #15

Offline starshadow

• Former Member

Re: I am Legend
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 11:47:06 pm »
I saw the movie it was good... But the ending was crap.

December 26, 2007, 08:16:55 pm
Reply #16

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 08:16:55 pm »
it felt way too "basic" imo, too simple to have that much advertisement and expectations.

it felt like something was missing, i didnt really connect with robert neville (will smith) and i wanted to know more of everything basically.

other than that it was good :)

December 26, 2007, 10:12:31 pm
Reply #17

Auran

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 10:12:31 pm »
boring.

Expected a lot more.

Poor little dog.

Like someone mentioned before, missed the depth of the stories. 28days later is better.

4/10

December 26, 2007, 11:59:33 pm
Reply #18

Offline Ozymandias

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 11:59:33 pm »
As the book this movie is based on is somewhat older than 28 days later, I don't really get your "attempt to copy"-point, Kagir. (Really, considering that the book was written sometime during the fifties, and is one of the bigger influences of modern zombie-movies, I'd sort of say it went the other way ;) )
I do, however, agree that 28 days later is...well..more solid.

Nonetheless, I rather liked it. (poor dog, tho - why do they always have to die?)Except, of course, the lions. Or, as my friends said "lions? what lions? I didn't see any -lions-." 

December 27, 2007, 01:06:11 am
Reply #19

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 01:06:11 am »
As the book this movie is based on is somewhat older than 28 days later, I don't really get your "attempt to copy"-point, Kagir. (Really, considering that the book was written sometime during the fifties, and is one of the bigger influences of modern zombie-movies, I'd sort of say it went the other way ;) )

Nonetheless, I rather liked it. (poor dog, tho - why do they always have to die?)Except, of course, the lions. Or, as my friends said "lions? what lions? I didn't see any -lions-." 

28 Days Later - 2000
I am Legend - 2007

That'd be the reference behind my statement ma'am. I'm not a the reader type when it comes to this kind of literature.

December 27, 2007, 10:54:41 am
Reply #20

Offline Daekesh

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 10:54:41 am »

So you're saying that a film that copies a book is not an attempt to copy, but a film that copies a film is?  I'm not seeing the difference.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

December 27, 2007, 05:09:21 pm
Reply #21

Offline Ozymandias

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 05:09:21 pm »
You completly lost me now. All I tried to say is that since the book I am Legend is based on is one of the bigger influences on modern zombie movies, I would rather say that the movies I am Legend and 28 Days Later are both very similar (deadly virus spreading easily etc etc) due to the fact that one is based directly on the book, and the other is heavily influenced by it/the genre. I'm simply saying that I am Legend isn't an attempt to copy 28 Days Later in itself, but they will of course be similar due to the book behind it. (which, admittedly, is somewhat different than the movie.)
That was all :p

December 28, 2007, 01:23:14 am
Reply #22

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 01:23:14 am »
I thought it was ok... 6/10 not perticularly groundbreaking. The whole insanely fast Zombies thing was invented by 28 days (which is a classic, i work in London and seening it totally empty is disturbing). As for which came first "I am legend" is based on a book written in 1954. I haven't read it myself but a friend has, and he says its basicly a dawn of the dead with vampires situation, and the movie is totally diferent (except for him thinking he is the last, and the watch alarm thing). Considering it was written in 1954,it might be worth a read.

December 28, 2007, 11:10:21 am
Reply #23

Offline Daekesh

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 11:10:21 am »
You completly lost me now. All I tried to say is that since the book I am Legend is based on is one of the bigger influences on modern zombie movies, I would rather say that the movies I am Legend and 28 Days Later are both very similar (deadly virus spreading easily etc etc) due to the fact that one is based directly on the book, and the other is heavily influenced by it/the genre. I'm simply saying that I am Legend isn't an attempt to copy 28 Days Later in itself, but they will of course be similar due to the book behind it. (which, admittedly, is somewhat different than the movie.)
That was all :p

But it is an attempt to copy 28 days later!  It may not be copying the original idea for the story, but it's trying to cash in on the 'last man on earth' scene that 28 days later has made popular recently.  Copying the type of film, rather than the film itself.  And, like most copies, it's pretty poor.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

December 31, 2007, 10:41:08 am
Reply #24

Offline Legolew

• Former Member

• "If god be for us , who would be against us "

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 10:41:08 am »
think the movie itself could have been so much more, alot of time was spent showing that New york was empty and the brilliance of the effects in creating this , i would have prefered an indept showing of how the women was approached byt god or a brief desciption of her journey as well a look into the social side of the vampires adn the intel they had , with the leadership , setting dummie trap and obvious Leader Gf thing going on, imo the movie would have been so much if they had explored this route but they didnt and it sucked.

Will smith good as usualmovie itself 2/10

December 31, 2007, 09:23:31 pm
Reply #25

Offline Shapa

• Guild Member

• Sapa SMASH

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 09:23:31 pm »
watched it last night..
i liked it till the end when i saw whole stop the racism point of the movie..
(my opinion ofc)
i don't like when some1 is sending me a message like that trough the movie where i don't have the option to decide will i watch it or not...
5/10

January 23, 2008, 01:19:56 am
Reply #26

Offline Sheikone

• Former Member

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 01:19:56 am »
i watched today and dont make me to suprised.I think that
28weeks later and much more 28days later are better than it!

6/10 due to lovely doggy sammantha ;p

January 23, 2008, 07:42:21 am
Reply #27

forker

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 07:42:21 am »
This movie is similar in some ways to 28 days/weeks later but it's also very different in many. I don't think many actors would have been able to keep me interested like Will Smith did in I am Legend though, maybe it's just me but with most actors I would have started to get annoyed. :)

January 23, 2008, 07:57:09 am
Reply #28

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: I am Legend [SPOILER] about time
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 07:57:09 am »
Hmm yeah. I thought the movie missed a lot of relevant stuff.
I liked Will Smiths performance, did remind me somewhat of I robot.

There was some things about the plot I disliked, especially the thing about them analyzing their behaviour to be totally "primal" and then suddenly some of them seem to be quite intelligent, how? why?.

The ending was quite anticlimactic too. I would have liked the 28 days later story better with the budget of I legend, I think :)

Bears like alts!

January 23, 2008, 09:57:12 am
Reply #29

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 09:57:12 am »
*spoiler*

Btw what was up with the trap, did he simply forget he put his own trap there, or became the zombies smart enough to set it up for him?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:58:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

240 Guests, 0 Users