Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Surim - Warlock - B Raid Application

January 28, 2010, 12:34:31 pm
Read 5780 times

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

Surim - Warlock - B Raid Application
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:34:31 pm »
Personal Information
Hi, my name is Steven Inskip and I am now living in a small town called Grahamstown in South Africa. It is mainly a student town and so there is a certain life style here, very chilled and HARD party's on weekends. I moved here as I accepted a job as a developer for Imaginet which is one of the top rated ISP's in South Africa (nice perks working here hehe). I do travel home occasionally to visit family and my girl friend who still stays in my old city (East London). This works to my advantage as I don't have a nagging other half to stop me from raiding :D

Character Information
Name: Surim
Class: Warlock
Race: Orc
Professions: Alchemy and Herbalism
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Surim
Primary Raiding Spec: 0/13/58
Alt Spec: 0/56/15, still wanting to give Affliction a try again. Haven't used it since I raided Naxx

Guild History
I have only been playing WoW since WotLK when a very good friend of mine, who also happens to be a Iron Edge member (Footmunch), finally convinced me to come over from Guild Wars. Yeah, I know, Guild Wars... but I have seen the light of Warcraft now. When I started my raiding I was in a few small 10 man guilds on the Alliance side of Dunemaul (cant remember the names). I finally started raiding 25man's with Epilogue, but joined near the end of Naxx. When Ulduar was released I was not able to keep up with the requirements as I was lacking some gear. I then moved to Coalition who did not have a problem and did some Ulduar progression with them. I then lost my job and had to cancel my WoW subscription. I then reactivated my account near then end of ToC and moved to Karazhan to be a member of Death By Tray to raid with my boss and another manager from work. I got a spot and all was going well, but then they decided to merge with Irony. This now meant we had roughly 40 players and only 1 x 25man raid going. Having geared up as much as I could, when ICC was released I was a little stuck. With being a recruit I was unable to get gear as Members > Recruits. I was never able to get my member status as it was hard to get raid spots and gear. I at the same time was not allowed to PUG in case they required me. I was about to get member status in DBT and the I decided to move back to Dunemaul to where all my other RL friends are. WoW just was not the same with Wank. Which leads me to the present. I am currently in Rigor Mortis. I made an application to the A Raid, but due to my gear being a little low, I only got a spot in the B raid. I was happy with this until I realized the raiding nyts were only Saturday and Monday. This is a bit of a problem as I dont like to be bound to Saturday nyt raiding every week. I after do play on a Sat nyt tho.

Raid Progress
Naxx 10 + 25 man cleared
Maly 10 + 25 man cleared
Sarth 3D 25man and cleared on 10man

Ulduar 25man: I cleared 11/14 before stopping WoW
Ulduar 10man: A few HM's. Never got far in the 10man raids here

ToC 10 + 25man cleared
Have not done ToGC because none of the guilds I have been in have been doing it.

ICC 25man: First 4 bosses + Rotface
ICC 10man: First 4 bosses + Festergut

Why do I want to join Iron Edge
I have always known Iron Edge to be a top rated guild on the server and even further abroad. I would have made this my first stop for an application, but I only recently discovered that Iron Edge has a B raid.

Why pick me?
I am a dedicated with experience in PvE (not just from WoW). I dont get easily worked up and I like to think I am a fun person to raid with, specially if people enjoy some dry straight humour.

Last Words
I have a pet lion named Sparkle which I feed AIDs babies too. lol

Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

January 28, 2010, 01:50:55 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

Re: Surim - Warlock - B Raid Application
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 01:50:55 pm »
...but we don't raid saturdays  :o

Your gear is as you say quite under par - you can atleast easily replace the terrible hit trinket quickly with the toc 5 normal one. Also, your gemming makes me puzzled. Why is there a 10 haste 10 spirit gem in a yellow socket when every 2nd gem is a purple one anyway?

Anyway, how much dps do you pull on a fight like Saurfang?
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

January 28, 2010, 02:15:44 pm
Reply #2

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 02:15:44 pm »
Hmmmmm, now that you mention the haste spirit gem, I have absolutely no idea why it is there and will replace it with the Spell Power / Haste gem.

When I was talking about the Saturday raids I was refering to the B raid for Rigor Mortis. Since I would be missing a lot of Saturday's, that environment would not suit me and that is why I am looking for a guild with better times for me.

Last Surfang kill I got about 5.7k DPS odd. In my defense it was insanely laggy and on a few occasions I had to kite an add away because the shaman didnt put the tremor totem down and I had no one on my side with any form of knock backs. In Deathwhisper I normally pull 6k+
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

January 28, 2010, 02:22:03 pm
Reply #3

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 02:22:03 pm »
B raid for Rigor Mortis.

LOLOLOLOLOL

January 28, 2010, 02:29:31 pm
Reply #4

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 02:29:31 pm »
Did you play gnome warlock before?

B raid for Rigor Mortis.

LOLOLOLOLOL

There is atleast 3-4 guild on dunemaul now that are forming B raid   ;)

emo? >3

January 28, 2010, 02:33:45 pm
Reply #5

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 02:33:45 pm »
I only ever heard of B raids since I moved back to Dunemaul. Then again, Karazhan isnt exactly the best realm to be playing on.

EDIT: I meant to mention that I do have Eye of the Broodmother. Only reason I don't have it equiped is because I will lose my hit cap. In my previous guild we very seldom had a Shadow Priest or Oomkin raiding with us so I had to get 17% myself. (rather use the 3 talents for something more useful). When I get home I will swap out the trinkets and resocket to get hit cap and get rid of the Haste + Spirit gem
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:50:29 pm by Surim »

January 28, 2010, 02:48:05 pm
Reply #6

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 02:48:05 pm »
I think IE was the first guild to make a b-raid on this server and Rigor mortis just started their b-raid a month or two ago. What other guilds have b-raids?

Bears like alts!

January 28, 2010, 02:50:53 pm
Reply #7

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 02:50:53 pm »
6k isn't that great. Our lowest dpsers on saurfang are the kiters and they are doing 7k dps. Also the IE B-raid has killed more bosses in ICC that the RM A-raid and you weren't geared enough for them.

January 28, 2010, 03:06:13 pm
Reply #8

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 03:06:13 pm »
Also the IE B-raid has killed more bosses in ICC that the RM A-raid and you weren't geared enough for them.

This is mainly what my LOLOL was directed at.

January 28, 2010, 03:08:40 pm
Reply #9

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 03:08:40 pm »
Yeah I know my DPS isnt up with you people. I only joined RM last nyt to find out the raid times for the B raid were on Saturday and that is why I applied here. I was raiding ICC with Death By Tray on Karazhan. Their progression is about the same as RM I think, but as I said, being recruit I got nothing even though I had plenty of EP.

January 28, 2010, 04:37:27 pm
Reply #10

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 04:37:27 pm »
WoW just was not the same with Wank.

Hehehe .. Sorry , do continue.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

January 28, 2010, 05:11:01 pm
Reply #11

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 05:11:01 pm »
Sorry, I meant without him. Well, with him it is also quite a different experience

January 31, 2010, 11:08:56 pm
Reply #12

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 11:08:56 pm »
./Bump

February 01, 2010, 12:57:53 am
Reply #13

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 12:57:53 am »
Also the IE B-raid has killed more bosses in ICC that the RM A-raid and you weren't geared enough for them.
B raid is clearly the pro raid

February 06, 2010, 04:12:21 pm
Reply #14

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 04:12:21 pm »
/bump

Goza says I'm no idiot! :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:04:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 0 Users