Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Gouge - Warrior Application

September 02, 2006, 10:54:43 am
Read 8592 times

Offline Gouge

• Former Member

Gouge - Warrior Application
« on: September 02, 2006, 10:54:43 am »
Hey everyone,

My name is Colin, i'm 19 and I live in scotland and am currently a student, doing a course in computer games technology. I will soon be moving back into my uni digs in about 1-2 weeks, and so will escape my parents and wont be moaned at ("You're not gonna play that game ALL night are you?" /sigh) so I wont have the problem of being curfewed by my parents. I am Suzi's boyfriend, sometimes she might demand that i pay a bit more attention to her instead of going on a raid  :) I can basically play any evening when i'm not spending time with Suzi.

I have Ventrilo and TeamSpeak, and am chatty on ventrilo, I came AQ20 yesterday to tank for you guys so hopefully some of the people there could verify that i'm not too annoying :) There are some other of your guild members that i have been guildmates with at some point that i am sure will vouch for me too (i hope they read the forums  :-X) I have been in Nefastus Legio, Murloc Raiders (was formed between NEfastus and Tough Aint Enough), and then moved recently to the Ancient, and have been there until yesterday when i /gquit. I hadnt left any of these guilds up until the ancient, these moves were all the same guild merging and so forth. I left the Ancient because many of the players I had been friends with had already left, and i just didnt feel that i had much reason to stay anymore. I realised that i had been staying in the guild because i felt i SHOULD, not because i wanted to, am very sad to say i just wasnt having much fun anymore.

The reason I am applying to you is partially because it would be nice to be in the same guild as my girlfriend, but mainly because, after hearing your teamspeak and things from Suzi, i know what how much fun you guys have and i would love to be a part of that community. And finally on the 'me' part of the application, my basic goal in the game is to have fun. If you guys were only doing amazing epic raids to UBRS i think i would still like to join because i know it would be a good laugh :) I have completed and led MC raids, led ZG raids, know BWL in its entirety, onyxia, AQ20 in full, AQ40 till the twin emperors and a little of nax. I enjoy raiding and seeing new content, and i love the feeling of accomplishment when a new boss is defeated :)

onto my character:

Gouge, lvl60 Orc warrior
i am currently 18 / 33 fury build, Recently i have been experimenting with builds and wouldnt mind respeccing to something like 31 / 1 / 19 or even full prot again to tank better (will cry to  lose flurry though  :( )
My gear (sorry i dont have a fancy link for you, you'll have to endure me writing it out in full)

Helm of Wrath
Talisman of Protection ( http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51269 )
Pauldrons of Wrath
Dragon's Blood Cape
The ZG chest
Bracers of Might
Broodlord's Defender
The Immovable Object

Carapace Spine Crossbow
Stonegrip Gauntlets

Belt of Might
Legplates of Might
Boots of Might

Overlord's Onyx Band ( http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51478 )
Ring of Binding
FrostWolf Insignia rank6
Onyxia Blood Talisman

I have an excellent DPS set if anyone's interested :P With FR gear on i have 264 unbuffed, my NR gear is sadly slacking though at only 40 - however - i actually have most of the mats for quite a lot of crafted NR gear in the bank. The reason i have not crafted this yet is I felt far too guilty to take mats and items from a guildbank of a guild i was thinking of leaving, it felt like stealing. I am happy to grind my butt off to get the remaining items i need from Mauradon and Strat baron, i just need some people to come with me :) (maybe we could cut a deal delling - you help me out in mara / baron and i will tank dragons in the hinterlands? :D )

I think thats everything, you should be able to contact me in-game, i play pretty much all the time. Looking forward to seeing some replies :)

EDIT: woops, forgot some things. Gouge is mining / engineering, the only special / unusual things i can craft are Repair Bots, and i can also make those discombobulator rays that turn enemies into leper gnomes :)

On dunemaul you can find:
60 - Gouge, warrior
60 - Insomniac, mage (Alchemy / Tailoring - no special recipies but my bags are pretending to be a ZG bank, i can show other mages how to solo AOE zg crocs if you like :) )
41 - Risen, priest
29 - Volley, hunter
18 - Affliction, warlock
and my imba lvl19 rogue twink - Deceptia :)

I also got a 60 dwarf rogue on Ravencrest, but i dont really play him anymore. You may have guessed ive been playing since the game started, i was in some of the betas too.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 11:00:48 am by Gouge »

September 02, 2006, 12:30:44 pm
Reply #1

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

Re: Gouge - Warrior Application
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 12:30:44 pm »
Nice application, and hello again  ;D
I don't know Smorishas plan with the warriors, but I say the more the better.
Your tanking gear is OK, and i liked your dps gear ^^
When it comes to build I'm sure Smor will prefer something like 5/31/15, like me  8)

About the NR, me and smor can craft some Ironvine etc.
Just check the mats on Thotty

Anyways now we just need to wait for smor to wake up, and we'll see you ingame if trial or not

September 02, 2006, 12:45:52 pm
Reply #2

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 12:45:52 pm »
It is a PRIVILEGE to tank my Hinterlands trash dragons, I will have you know!

Good luck, Gouge :)
Now I run a tech website.

September 02, 2006, 12:59:18 pm
Reply #3

Offline Gouge

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 12:59:18 pm »
When it comes to build I'm sure Smor will prefer something like 5/31/15, like me  8)

no tactical mastery...?  :-[  :-X  with NR i have the mats for all the ironvine stuff excluding the bloodvine that the ancient guildbank would give you, but i didnt want to take it then leave the guild, feels too close to stealing for comfort. I wouldnt wanna "thnx for the mats / epixx guys, kkthnxbye" :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 01:02:16 pm by Gouge »

September 02, 2006, 01:06:50 pm
Reply #4

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 01:06:50 pm »
Well we are quite used to that ^^
Glad to see someone being loyal

September 02, 2006, 08:26:29 pm
Reply #5

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 08:26:29 pm »
Heyya Gouge, gimme a day or two to sort some shizzle, looking at this point there is a big chance for u to join. Stay tuned.

September 03, 2006, 12:25:59 pm
Reply #6

Offline Baron Ur

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 12:25:59 pm »
After reading your application which is excellent, and hearing you on TS a few days ago, I believe you would fit into the IE community perfectly. I hope you will be accepted, Good luck!

September 03, 2006, 01:06:31 pm
Reply #7

Offline Gouge

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 01:06:31 pm »
hurrah! Hope to be able to talk to you guys in /g soon if smorisha's shizzle all works out well  :D

September 03, 2006, 02:28:04 pm
Reply #8

Offline Draconis

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 02:28:04 pm »
we've played together in NL for some months - hes quite a good dps warrior and tank, and hes a really nice fella :) hope he gets a trial

gl Gouge

September 04, 2006, 09:41:44 am
Reply #9

Offline Gouge

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 09:41:44 am »
just to say that i have been spending aaaaalll the money (  :(  ) and i have the mats for a current new total of 158NR - just missing the bloodvine needed to craft some items. i will be getting mats for another 20NR today and will try and run mara / strat which could boost it some more, i should have the items or have mats for the items to have 200NR by the end of today.

I was planning to be wearing two pieces of leather items (bramblewood boots and helm) since these have the best NR available by a good chunk, but i was looking at shoulder armor and there is a choice of green plate ones that just have 20NR and no other stats ( http://www.thottbot.com/?i=20128 ) or... cloth! ( /gasp) - Stylvan Shoulders have 15 stamina and 30NR i think, warriors can wear cloth right?  :-\

September 05, 2006, 11:35:35 pm
Reply #10

Offline Gouge

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 11:35:35 pm »
well... i wont be seen online much at all until maybe fri night when i move back into my flat because my internet hub at home has just packed it in and stopped working  :( i may be online occasionally, since i can play at suzi's house sometimes, but i wont be online much until fri night unless my dad can fix the internet hub  :o

i'll hopefully be able to speak to you guys properly soon...

September 06, 2006, 07:11:03 am
Reply #11

Offline endre

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 07:11:03 am »
nice appl.. good luck :D
/they dont calll me the man for nothing keikei

September 06, 2006, 01:02:27 pm
Reply #12

Offline Gouge

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 01:02:27 pm »
hurrah!   ;D internet is working, so i'll be online most of the time as usual. It would be really good if someone could have a chat to me about what's going on, no-one has talked to me at all for a few days  :(

September 06, 2006, 02:09:31 pm
Reply #13

Kaos

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 02:09:31 pm »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:21:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

296 Guests, 1 User
Wali