Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Holy/Disc priest ~ B Team ~

August 03, 2010, 09:06:46 pm
Read 12109 times

Offline Kork

• Vendor Trash

Holy/Disc priest ~ B Team ~
« on: August 03, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »
Personal Information

Character Information

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Ipotaktikos
My characters name is Ipotaktikos , but everybody calls me Ipot for obvious reasons (lol). I love playing holy as i am currently speced , but i can also go Discipline or Shadow. My dps gear isnt as good as my healing gear but i manage to pull around 9k dps on encounters where you need to move. Im currently speced Shadow pvp just to kill some time in bgs.
I'm also ranked in several www.worldoflogs.com  encounters including 25 man and 25 man HC. No 10man though cause we werent using raid statistics/Combat log while doing 10 man progress.

AddOns

As for Addons, im using Blizzard default UI, Grid+ Grid status RaidDebuffs , Decursive, Omen , Recount + Bartender.

Raiding

I'm working as a barman during the summer but i've got plenty of time to play WoW/raid whenever needed , except weekends. I'll be available every day when August is over.

More specific times:

Mondays: Whenever required
Tuesdays: Whenever required
Wednesdays: Whenever required
Thursdays: Whenever required
Fridays: Probably Unavailable after 7 pm
Saturday: Unavailable after 7 pm
Sundays: Unavailable after 7pm

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

I've been playing online games for many years and specifically Diablo II for 5 years until the day that i got banned in 7 accounts, because i was using a file so i wont have to put the diablo 2 CD in the pc everytime. Then i started WoW...

I started playing WoW the first day WOtlk came out.My very first character was a Rogue. I had a hard time leveling him as i was new, with no friends in the game to explain a couple of things etc. I managed to ding 80 and clear the early Wotlk content including Os10/25, Naxx 10/25 , Malygos 10/25 while being in guilds such as Fortis Phalanx and Revolution of Lemmings. Around 2 weeks before Ulduar came out a friend of mine gave me his priest to play with and i noticed that healing was more interesting for me than Dpsing , so i Decided to roll a priest. I dinged 80 and joined Rigor Mortis, and cleared Ulduar 10/25 and toc 10/25. Suddenly when toc10 and 25 were on farm by many guilds and they were starting their progress through togc10 and 25 many members quit wow or didnt give shit for the raids and were arguing with each other etc. So i left looking for a better guild enviroment + activity and i joined Eminence. I was in Eminence for 9 months serving as the healing officer of the guild. I managed to clear 11/12 icc 10 HC while being in the "core 10 man" of the guild and 9/12 ICC 25 HC.I resigned my healing officer position due to some private reasons. I'm still in Eminence Friend ranked but i've totally lost the motivation raiding with them again.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge because its a big community with skilled + active players and i wish that i'll find the competition i need to make me push myself to a higher level of gaming.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

I can offer a pretty solid and active healer as it conserns the game and a social,friendly guy with high sense of humor =)

Last words?

Thanks for taking the time reading my application, i hope i didnt waste your time.Hope to meet you soon if i get accepted!

P.S. If u have any questions about my gear, rotation or anything at all feel free to ask.

August 03, 2010, 09:27:17 pm
Reply #1

Offline Sertth

• Former Member

• Sertth - Fury Warrior

Re: Holy/Disc priest ~ B Team ~
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:27:17 pm »
Nice application and your gear level is up to our team.
Good luck mate :)
Sertth - B Raid Fury Warrior

August 03, 2010, 09:37:16 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:37:16 pm »
I like Greek people.

Gl!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

August 03, 2010, 09:48:46 pm
Reply #3

Offline Cheerycoke

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 09:48:46 pm »
good gear and it looks like you are a nice guy!

GL
I am a mage

August 03, 2010, 10:09:32 pm
Reply #4

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 10:09:32 pm »
I think my paladin Ipal would date Ipot. No homo.

Bears like alts!

August 04, 2010, 12:12:16 am
Reply #5

Offline Kork

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 12:12:16 am »
ty all guys  :D

August 04, 2010, 12:31:19 am
Reply #6

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 12:31:19 am »
Gotta love greece, and Athens is a great city indeed!

A very solid application and your level of gear is up to date for what we are doing indeed. However we do run with quite some priests atm, but still a healer more wouldnt hurt, if we just look at tonight, we were lacking 1-2 healers and had to take offspecc'ers and non-b-raiders.

Our summer time is coming to an end and probably can see what we miss from next weeks raids?..

But lets leave it to Hugman/grilly/Yoica what to do, but really seems like a good addition to our raid team.
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

August 04, 2010, 01:54:52 am
Reply #7

Kilizion

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 01:54:52 am »
Nice application. I would personally change your spec a little. Drop the points in serendipity since the chances of you casting a greater heal or prayer of healing in this day and age are low. Also drop the points in Improved Healing since mana is not really an issue in this day and age either. I'd put your extra points in 2/2 Body & Soul for Speed Shield with the added bonus of being able to cleanse poisons. 3/3 Blessed resilience for 3% extra healing on all spells. The extra point you can put in Empowered Healing to go 4/5. Glyphs are perfect imho. We have 3 priests atm, but we do need healers, good luck.

August 04, 2010, 02:54:44 am
Reply #8

Offline Kork

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 02:54:44 am »
I would personally change your spec a little. Drop the points in serendipity since the chances of you casting a greater heal or prayer of healing in this day and age are low. Also drop the points in Improved Healing since mana is not really an issue in this day and age either. I'd put your extra points in 2/2 Body & Soul for Speed Shield with the added bonus of being able to cleanse poisons. 3/3 Blessed resilience for 3% extra healing on all spells. The extra point you can put in Empowered Healing to go 4/5.

Actually you are wrong. If i dont put 3 points to improved healing i wont be able to go further down to the talent tree. Also i have added 3 points to serendipity cause it works really good with the trinket from RS 25 since i can hot up the ranged with a single prayer of the healing and all of the " friends" lol as the trinket says + the proc from trauma

August 04, 2010, 03:20:37 am
Reply #9

Offline Lycanus

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 03:20:37 am »
NANANANANAANANANANA

BATMAN

*You guys are taking this way to seriously!*

August 04, 2010, 07:04:00 am
Reply #10

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 07:04:00 am »
I'm a Bat
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

August 04, 2010, 08:11:28 am
Reply #11

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 08:11:28 am »
While we aren't really looking for healers this is one of those rare cases it would be stupid to say no.

I do have one question for you; what's your shadow gear like?

Our raids tend to fluctuate in terms of tank/melee/ranged/healer attendance. One week we'll only have 1 MT and the next 4, one week we'll have 8-9 healers and the next 4 etc. So most of the raiders also have viable offspecs.

August 04, 2010, 10:32:36 am
Reply #12

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 10:32:36 am »
Actually you are wrong. If i dont put 3 points to improved healing i wont be able to go further down to the talent tree.

You fix that by adding points into spellwarding. Improved healing 3/3 (how much do you actually use Greater Heal?) & Healing prayers 2/2 are basicly wasted points as hpriest don't really have mana problems with this level of gear, unless you spam PoH, which I doubt. Blessed Resiliance will give you 3% more of all heals.

And Body&Soul is the best talent priest got in like ever! It's so much fun, and when you get used to it, you can actualy make a difference by shielding people that need to move fast.

Did you know that glyph of renew reduces the amount of healing done per point of mana used. The higher your spellpower the greater this disparity becomes. I would rather take glyph of flash heal or glyph of PoH.

Anyway, great application, you could be nice addition to the priest family.

Good Luck  o/

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

August 04, 2010, 01:29:51 pm
Reply #13

Kilizion

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 01:29:51 pm »
I would personally change your spec a little. Drop the points in serendipity since the chances of you casting a greater heal or prayer of healing in this day and age are low. Also drop the points in Improved Healing since mana is not really an issue in this day and age either. I'd put your extra points in 2/2 Body & Soul for Speed Shield with the added bonus of being able to cleanse poisons. 3/3 Blessed resilience for 3% extra healing on all spells. The extra point you can put in Empowered Healing to go 4/5.

Actually you are wrong. If i dont put 3 points to improved healing i wont be able to go further down to the talent tree. Also i have added 3 points to serendipity cause it works really good with the trinket from RS 25 since i can hot up the ranged with a single prayer of the healing and all of the " friends" lol as the trinket says + the proc from trauma

Lol no I'm not. Maxing Spell Warding is a given tbh, most of the damage you take in raids is spell damage. Then you can get the later talents, the amount of times it's saved me is silly. Here is the spec I use:

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=5&tal=0503203100000000000000000000235501032000152530325031051000000000000000000000000000

Always take throughput talents over mana cost talents were possible, as you can see Healing Prayers is not necessary and you can go 5/5 Empowered Healing or get 3/3 Test of Faith by dropping a talent point further down the tree. At the end of they day you can't really say someone is wrong when they offer you advice to improve your performance, you don't have to take it I just think that you shouldn't be going oom atm with that gear. I also believe with 3% extra healing on all your spells and an additional 8% on top of that for Flash Heal or an additional 12% healing on targets below 50% you'd do better. Wether you choose to take the advice or not is your choice.

On the topic of Renew glyph the healing difference is very marginal, and in some fights especially aoe fights it's nice to be able to keep renew on two groups in the raid at the same time while using PoM, CoH and instant cast FH in between. At the end of the day it's down to personal preference. I personally would use the intellect and regen meta gem also.

Look up some top Holy priests if you need even more confirmation or read EJ.

Kili out.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:43:13 pm by Kilizion »

August 04, 2010, 01:41:55 pm
Reply #14

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 01:41:55 pm »
I love watching newbie priests argue about such things :P
Now I run a tech website.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 06:30:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

32 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv