Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Worldbinder - resto shammy - B raid app

January 01, 2011, 10:40:59 pm
Read 21184 times

Offline Worldbinder

• Guild Member

Worldbinder - resto shammy - B raid app
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:40:59 pm »
Personal Information

Hey! My names Luke and i live in Sheffield UK, currently unemployed and filling my empty days with WoW. Im 17 (almost 18) and enjoy playing the guitar hanging out with my friends/ girlfriend and getting completely smashed im really easy to get along with and im a fun guy, but still concentrated and smart enough to be able to take everything in my stride and get jobs done properly without messing about.

Character Information

Worldbinder
Restoration Shaman
Orc

Link to armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/worldbinder/simple

My shaman is my *NEW* main as of late Wotlk after wanting to raid from a healers perspective, dont mistake this to mean i am not experienced in my class or not know my mechanics however, i feel like ive been playing this guy for years. i have played since early 2008 starting out as a hunter on hellscream and spent my time foolin around at 70 :P (not a raider so early in my wow life) although did get to finish gruul. i rerolled death knight at the release of wotlk and decided to start taking raiding seriously, beating much game content as it came out and managing to stay comfortably seated as one of the "best" at my trade, although after my guild died in late LK content and many of my IRL friends went to dunemaul, i transferred my shaman over to continue playing with them (these being Doomslay and Contagion) and find myself in need of a serious and friendly raiding guild!

this said ill leave my DK (old main) armoury for you look at aswell. so you can have an idea of my content progression and gear back when ICC was current content.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/endbringer/simple

Raiding

i am currently completely available at all times although like to go out friday and saturday nights (can obviously stay in for raid sake if it take priority)

i have mostly completed content as it is introduced ( no naxxramas in ToC gear :P)
Naxx
Uld
ToC
ICC
as far as cataclysm content goes im pretty much fully heroic geared and have also so far completed Baradin Hold

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

I think im repeating myself here but oh well :P i started out as a hunter in early 2008 with no serious playing until wotlk was introduced where i rerolled as a dk and took all raid content seriously in a serious raiding guild before the guild fell apart after clearing ICC content and many stopped playing so i played my shaman on dunemaul with my friends over there

other gaming experience! i used to be quite a serious player on xbox live and in a semi-pro team (in its later days) LND - Legends Never Die along with Doomslay and Contagion and i have pretty much done nothing but sit in my room on a console all my growing childhood so am always most at home when hiding in my avatars :)

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
Iron Edge came to my notice as my IRL friend Doomslay DITCHED me (JK :P) on hellscream specifically to come to dunemaul and join this guild. ever since that ive never been able to keep up with him gear or progression wise and have had a certain longing to be part of the team ive watched beat me at every turn.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
healzz. Also a competent reliable raider who will im sure be a valuable asset in raiding!

Last words?
Giggity ;)

January 01, 2011, 11:13:21 pm
Reply #1

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

Re: Worldbinder - resto shammy - B raid app
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 11:13:21 pm »
pretty good app,

Maybe hugman can comment on your spec/gear/gem/enchants.

I assume rep epics are being worked on atm :)

Good luck with app.

xx
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

January 02, 2011, 12:33:05 am
Reply #2

Offline Worldbinder

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 12:33:05 am »
got rep boots and the only other epic is a neck from dragonmaw which isnt 100% suitable. but im going to reforge spirit to it and see how it goes

January 03, 2011, 04:22:27 am
Reply #3

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 04:22:27 am »
Hmm.

Decent application.

Well gears good, few cheapo enchants, but that easily remedied. Spec and glyphs are fine, except the lack of Ancestral Swiftness, which is pretty much compulsory for raiding. Focused insight is a personal choice, myself I never use it, but it does have its uses. No professions  >:( which you should sort out.

As far as the B-raid is concerned, we currently have only one Resto Shaman (myself) and so I would be looking for another decent one.

I would like to hear a good word from Doomslay, about yourself.

P.S. > Doomslay < >Endbringer< , that's what I meant doom.

January 03, 2011, 12:38:29 pm
Reply #4

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 12:38:29 pm »
ah yes, I defiantly see some correlation to our names.

Luke has my good word, he was a brilliant deathknight back when I raided with him and from what I've seen recently makes an equally good shaman.

I'm sure since he's new to the class a bit of guidance from you hug where he needs it - he'll easily be upto a high standard.

x
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

January 03, 2011, 12:57:45 pm
Reply #5

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 12:57:45 pm »
Why are you reforging from haste to crit while its most valuable stat after int there is, and only mastery beign worse than crit -.-...

January 03, 2011, 01:36:18 pm
Reply #6

Offline Worldbinder

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 01:36:18 pm »
i had ancestral swiftness but changed it recently because 90% of encounters need heavy dispelling and the heal it gives isnt to be underestimated, its basically a instant cast healing wave and i find it really useful.
i have a cheap shoulder enchant if thats what you mean while i work on therazane exhalted and some items that have an impending replacement (heroic wise) i havent fully enchanted to save a bit of gold.

as for reforging haste to crit i think youll find haste has become pretty weak in cata!
and as our heals have relatively the same strength as wotlk with 4 times the health pools those crits are needed to make big heals and crit also increases the chance to proc inproved water shield restoring our mana.
my gearing is based purely on spirit/crit gear, my mana regen is insane and never find myself going oom which was a problem to initially combat in cata and because of high crit i normally find a greater healing wave and riptide can easily heal any tank 50% health at no mana cost/ effort, or any other party member for a good 70%.
personally i believe
Int>spirit>crit>haste>mastery
and that works for me. im sure any resto who tried it would love it also, its pretty powerful.
im sure youll appreciate ive made my point here ^^

January 03, 2011, 01:38:21 pm
Reply #7

Offline Worldbinder

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 01:38:21 pm »
oh yeh and the professions! yeh they need working on but ive found myself short of gold to level them. ill likely max out inscription and jewelcrafting like on my dk because i love the gemming/ enchanting perks they give

January 03, 2011, 02:13:03 pm
Reply #8

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »
Ah. The classic case of "just feeling like it". Thats just fine... Your speccing is not impressive either, you rather take 2% crit than 15% movement + instant ghost wolf? Holy shit are you stupid or what?
- If you want your crit rating so bad, you could do this build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhZbhMZcGbMsdfoGo

I doubt you use focused insight to its maximum potential.

Also 2/2 cleansing waters is mandatory for any resto spec, no idea where you got the idea of having 2% more crit rather than that from.

Why would you aim to be at 100% mana the whole fight when you could aim(note that reaching this goal is sort of impossible) to reach 1% as the fight ends?

edit: typo
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:37:26 pm by Sparrowhawk »

January 03, 2011, 03:45:38 pm
Reply #9

Offline Worldbinder

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »
Nowhere do i see a case of "just feeling like it" i have given good reason for all my choices and this is my prefferred method of play, everyone has their own styles of how they play their class and i feel comfortable with the choices ive made. im not going to rise to the "stupid" comment because im obviously not stupid, however; youre right about my spec, focused insight is a mistake on my part and i thank you for pointing it out, ive already swapped it out for ancestral swiftness as of reading this comment. Rather than aimming to be at 100% mana all a fight i aim to be able to have the regen to be persistant in a fight and to be able to handle situations where things go tits up without going oom which as i said, going oom is one of the main problems of cata healing.

:)

January 03, 2011, 03:55:42 pm
Reply #10

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 03:55:42 pm »
I think i like you , simply cuase u sidestepped Rage-emo-/slitwrist-Hawk PERFECTLY!

Ever thaught about PvE? I bet you don't stand in the fire.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:57:35 pm by kagemoth »
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

January 03, 2011, 03:59:44 pm
Reply #11

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 03:59:44 pm »
he's applying to b-raid kage!
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

January 03, 2011, 04:19:25 pm
Reply #12

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 04:19:25 pm »
Well , it's obvious if he can stay out of fire then he replace a failer in the A-b-c-d-e-f-g-Raid.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

January 03, 2011, 11:35:46 pm
Reply #13

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 11:35:46 pm »
Nowhere do i see a case of "just feeling like it" i have given good reason for all my choices and this is my prefferred method of play, everyone has their own styles of how they play their class and i feel comfortable with the choices ive made. im not going to rise to the "stupid" comment because im obviously not stupid, however; youre right about my spec, focused insight is a mistake on my part and i thank you for pointing it out, ive already swapped it out for ancestral swiftness as of reading this comment. Rather than aimming to be at 100% mana all a fight i aim to be able to have the regen to be persistant in a fight and to be able to handle situations where things go tits up without going oom which as i said, going oom is one of the main problems of cata healing.

:)

The question is whether your playstyle is actually capable of healing raids taking a crapload of damage... and not run out of mana.  If it can, then np. If hugman does twice your healing with his playstyle, you might need to change :) (healing done isn't everything, of course)
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

January 03, 2011, 11:49:35 pm
Reply #14

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:35 pm »
17k hps

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:17:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

87 Guests, 1 User
DNZ93