Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Dumurus, Mage, B-Team

February 16, 2011, 01:34:28 pm
Read 7847 times

Offline Dumurus

• Vendor Trash

Dumurus, Mage, B-Team
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:34:28 pm »
Personal Information
Hello everyone,
My name is Umur Saracoglu, and I'm Turkish as most of you can understand from the strange name. I'm a 20 year-old freshman studying. Industrial Engineering.
Character Information

Dumurus is the first character I have created in WoW and which I have over 70 days of playtime.

Here is the armory link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/dumurus/simple
(I might have pvp gear on, I will try to leave with my pve gear after this application for you to inspect easily)
Professions: Mining/Tailoring
Race/Class: Troll/Mage
Specs: Fire for pve / Frost for pvp (Will gladly respec if you want me to do so.)
(I posted these in case that the armory is down, or if you can not reach armory etc.)

Raiding

To be honest, I haven't been in any Cata raids and did not play WotLK, but I'm a fast learner, and I'm eager to watch videos or read tacts beforehand.
I'm availabe during most of the week.
Roughly I can raid after 6 p.m server time weekdays, and after 8 p.m on Sundays.
Saturdays are N/A because my college is outside the city I have to visit my parents weekends.

I have a more than sufficient PC and an Internet connection for raiding. I'm comfortable with vent / teamspeak and have fluent English.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history
I started online gaming when I was 8 or 9, don't remember it clearly with Counter-Strike 1.3. I started playing WoW in the year 2007 and played during TBC. I have experience with Kara, Gruul, SSC, TK, and MH with the guild Red Sun Rising. After sometime I had to quit WoW because of University entrance exams.

Ah, I just remembered, I tried WAR for a month and didn't like it because it did not have any end-game content.
What can I offer to Iron Edge?

A dedicated raider with sense of humor. I'm ready to try my best for the guild and progress. I'm not sure if this is the right place to write this but, I'm not asking or offering help with achievements, because I think that achievements are killing this game.

Last words?

I would like to be a part of Iron Edge because this is a guild I respect since I started playing.

February 16, 2011, 01:56:55 pm
Reply #1

Offline Dumurus

• Vendor Trash

Re: Dumurus, Mage, B-Team
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 01:56:55 pm »
Sorry for not posting this part. And for cant finding the edit button. :D

Why do I want to join Iron Edge?
Simply because I really respect you guys, I started during the Burning Crusade, and you were the best guild of those times. (Not saying that you are not now, I just don't know the new Dunemaul much.) I want to have a serious but fun raid environment, thats why Iron Edge is the first guild that I chose to apply and hopefully it will be the only.

February 16, 2011, 01:57:07 pm
Reply #2

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:57:07 pm »
An officer will respond to your application, but I have some feedback to you on your character:

-Old shoulder enchant
-missing boot enchant
-you are reforging items in to crit when you are far from hit cap, you might have on is your PVP gear on? but you still reforged the same way on your gloves thats surely a part of your PVE set? (at least you have a +hit gem on them). Think you need to get the stat prioritation right. Looking at your PVE boots (guess you are using the sandals thats in your activity feed) you are reforging hit --> crit here aswell
-you should be gemming intellect at all times if the socket bonus isnt a very strong one
-looking at glyphs you are missing 1 minor glyph in your fire specc and 2 minor in your frost spec
-you should really have impact in your fire spec, its alot of damage, arcane concentration isnt really needed anymore, remove thoose 3 points and the 1 in imp fireblast and get improved flamestrike and impact

February 16, 2011, 02:39:24 pm
Reply #3

Offline Dumurus

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 02:39:24 pm »
An officer will respond to your application, but I have some feedback to you on your character:

-Old shoulder enchant
-missing boot enchant
-you are reforging items in to crit when you are far from hit cap, you might have on is your PVP gear on? but you still reforged the same way on your gloves thats surely a part of your PVE set? (at least you have a +hit gem on them). Think you need to get the stat prioritation right. Looking at your PVE boots (guess you are using the sandals thats in your activity feed) you are reforging hit --> crit here aswell
-you should be gemming intellect at all times if the socket bonus isnt a very strong one
-looking at glyphs you are missing 1 minor glyph in your fire specc and 2 minor in your frost spec
-you should really have impact in your fire spec, its alot of damage, arcane concentration isnt really needed anymore, remove thoose 3 points and the 1 in imp fireblast and get improved flamestrike and impact

Thanks for the heads up. My pvp is gear is not full atm. I havent bought gloves and some other stuff, but with my pve gear, I'm hit capped, thats why some of my items are reforged to crit.
Could you please check armory now? My pve gear must be showing now. And I'm respeccing and buying my missing glyphs atm.
Thanks for the help and comments

February 16, 2011, 03:03:18 pm
Reply #4

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 03:03:18 pm »
Looks alot better :)

February 16, 2011, 03:25:52 pm
Reply #5

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 03:25:52 pm »
skinke has gone over the main points
but u do have a weird meta gem, should be int + crit damage (best) / crit + crit damage (cheaper)

As for joining the b raid unfortunately you picked a bad time we currently have 3 stable mages and 1 who has been on and off, so unless Hug wants to replace the 4th mage its looking unlikely. However, Hugman will have the final decision so dont be put off by what I say =P

February 16, 2011, 04:15:48 pm
Reply #6

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 04:15:48 pm »
Good app, should be trialled to replace some of our mage's that are beyond shocking atm.
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 16, 2011, 04:17:38 pm
Reply #7

Offline Dumurus

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 04:17:38 pm »
skinke has gone over the main points
but u do have a weird meta gem, should be int + crit damage (best) / crit + crit damage (cheaper)

As for joining the b raid unfortunately you picked a bad time we currently have 3 stable mages and 1 who has been on and off, so unless Hug wants to replace the 4th mage its looking unlikely. However, Hugman will have the final decision so dont be put off by what I say =P

I dont think that, 2% threat reduction + intellect is weird. As I have said, I haven't raided in Cata, so 2% threat reduction helps a lot when you are matched with tanks who do not know how to hold aggro. I agree that I won't be needing that meta gem if I play for Iron Edge, because there would not be any problems with tanks and their TPS. I'm eager to improve/change my gear, enchant and gems as the officers/class leaders or whoever is in charge if he/she tells me to do so.

Thanks for reading and commenting to my application Shankski, and that situation with having a lot mages is really sad. At least for me.  ;D

PS: My glyphs were empty because they did not improve anything in my dps, or survivability, just some stupid (that's my opinion) glyphs for changing polymorphs to penguins. But Glyph of Armors will help me I think, I can be lazy to rebuff when I'm farming ^^

@Doomslay, Thank you

February 16, 2011, 04:20:59 pm
Reply #8

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 04:20:59 pm »
If i could wear full threat reduction enchanted gear - I would. Mekky is a good example of how terrible our tanks can be, he must be white hitting constantly or going afk to spend time with his boyfriend or something.

KIDDING I LOVE MEKKY! You won't have to worry about threat with our tanks - as you said.

Not sure if any power has shifted (i haven't spoke to hugman) but it may be that shankski has quite a bit of sway over whether you get a trial. Hopefully hugman will check the forums :)

good luck!
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 16, 2011, 04:23:36 pm
Reply #9

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 04:23:36 pm »
Glyph of conjuring actually helps your dps long fights, glyph of slow fall and glyph of armors are helpful aswell

February 16, 2011, 04:25:47 pm
Reply #10

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »
Glyph of slow fall is really awesome!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

February 16, 2011, 04:37:25 pm
Reply #11

Offline Dumurus

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 04:37:25 pm »
Glyph of conjuring actually helps your dps long fights, glyph of slow fall and glyph of armors are helpful aswell
Yes, but I wouldn't spend a glyph slot when I can be heavily loaded with cakes :P I think that I would oom sometimes for sure, but I won't be out of cakes. IMO buying that glyph is wasting your gold.

For glyph of slow fall, after I learned it, I started using it again. Last time I used it before I had the glyph was 2 or 3 years ago, when I was killing plainstriders for my quest and looting light feathers  ;D

February 16, 2011, 04:40:21 pm
Reply #12

Offline Chippen

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 04:40:21 pm »
glyph of conjuring got obsolete in latest patch, mana is not a issue anymore. And threat reduc have never been something worthwhile, better to pop invis/mi instead of using a fail meta

February 16, 2011, 04:41:24 pm
Reply #13

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 04:41:24 pm »
It effects your conjure mana gem, long fights you might wanna use more then 3 gems

Edit: chippen, still glyph of conjuring gives you more then poly penguin :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:43:10 pm by skinkelinken »

February 16, 2011, 04:43:28 pm
Reply #14

Offline Mekky

• Former Member

• MekLOL

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 04:43:28 pm »
DANE > TURK - i got a dane mage ill bring him np......!!!!

And Doom, you wish about the threat. Im more powerful than EVER!
You think you can take me? You need a fucking army if you gonna take me!

Tony Montana

www.Protonica.de - BEST MUSIC EU !!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 10:05:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

39 Guests, 0 Users