Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Ykoa Ravenchrest Feral druid dps/ tank [Accepted]

December 06, 2011, 11:02:34 am
Read 8777 times

Offline Ykao

• Vendor Trash

Ykoa Ravenchrest Feral druid dps/ tank [Accepted]
« on: December 06, 2011, 11:02:34 am »
I was asked to copy past the application here since the submit form dont work.

Hello Iron Edge

My Name is Sonni, I am 23 years old, live in Aarhus, Denmark. I am working as a Chef of sales, in a international company.
This position gives me a lot of freedom as I most days can work from home, or where ever I am at, (a few times a year I get to travel for a week or two for meetings, and to over-see other stuff in the US, England, and Asia) but also here I am mostly my own boss so I can play from the road. Which has served me well so far.

I am very dedicated and loyal so, I don't mind skipping work, or meeting late the next day in order to get raid pogress. I also do not mind having to go another spec for a few raids in order to complete the task at hand, or even use an well geared alt if we are lacking a healer or a specific kind of dps.

Also because I enjoy farming for the most part, I have been know to mostly sponsor almost all of my raid team's flasks, feasts and potions, but as I do not yet have all my alts on RC I dont have all the required trade skills to make this fully happen.

My main spec is Feral dps, I enjoy playing this manly because of the difficulty of the rotation compared to almost all other classes. My offspec is tank, but when ever the guild requre it (as Rag 10 hc) it would be boom kind. I don't like playing resto and haven't got a lot of experience with it either. As I got a resto shamy, priest and a holy pally that can do the same job I all enjoy more.

My gear is Feral dps  377/378 Feral tank. The one point is due to trinkets I have not yet gotten 2 x 378 trinkets ;)

in my current gear, (set bonus from FL gear) I go for hit / expertise cap and haste to maximize damage. normally that would be hit / expertise and mastery, for max effect on bleeds, this also serves me well in the current situation of raiding, as several times on the new raid bosses in DS you have to change targets fast, and with less effect on bleeds I am faster to get a decent dps on the new target, as the lose from not having all dots up 100% of the time is less.

Currently I got the following on Ravencrest
Ykoazan- R Shamy 372 I level gear no gear for offspec
FLF - A relative newly dinged Warrior got only pvp gear as of yet.
80 Pally alt.
80 Priest alt.

On other servers I can move to RC of needed
Mage Arcane / fire Ilevel 360
Rogue Combat, Ilvel 355
Warlock affl Ilevel 333
Death knight frost / Plague Ilevel 378 (got a small amount of tank gear)
80 Hunter alt

On Ykoa I got JC / LW, I currently dont have any special recipes, I got a few FL ons, but that is it, I have these mainly because they use to be the best in the start of cata regarding bonuses, also we devided out so, we had 1 lw, 1bs, atleast 1 engi, 1 tailor etc on our raid team at any one time so we could get all recipes as they dropped.

besides that I got between all my 85 alts, all trade skills except BS.

Vanilla: Raided with Borked from Ravenchrest on my warlock played there from start BWL until after we killed c'thun top 10 world. Had to stop wow for a while to serve in the army.

TBC: no high end raiding due to being in the army, but made a swap from warlock to druid as main.

Wotlk: I raided have no major acomplishments up untill ICC where I raided with a guild called "live to tell" on terenas, we got all server fists true the instance on both normal and hc, and ended up with the achivement "server first LK 25 HC" aftr this i left them to join a team of irl mates going for a 10 man guild for cata

Cata: server first kills on a few bosses on Haomarush even a few top 50 world on the normal modes in the guild Apprime. After we cleared all normal modes our raid team, died due to our healers being retards IRL and always whining etc. so until now (4,3) I have done a little pvp rated bg's etc on alt but no real raiding. since start of Cata.

I do not for obvious reasons have any logs for my raiding but I have videos as I almost always Fraps all encounters, and when requested ill put em on youtube. So I have to refer to http://www.youtube.com/hilwack

That will be my testimony to how I play all the way from WOTLK until now.

All my old logs are removed from WOL, however I did hold a dps record top 10 on omnitron and magmaw the first 2 weeks of Cata, also a feral best for several weeks.

The one I am in now is a all Danish guild, I joined for community until I had atelast a decent gear level again.

Rest of my guilds are described in Raiding experiences and also why I left them

As Already explained I am almost always available, but best time for me is after 18.00 but will be available for afternoon progress raids after expansions / patches etc but for full raids several days a week I prefer 18.00+ as that leaves me the day to work and get a visit in to the Gym etc. ;)

I can raid upto 6 days a week if needed but prefer to keep it at 5 for main team progress.

As said I will have to go on company trips once in a while but this will affect over /12 months only perhaps 4-5 raids I cant attend because of travel, as i will just bring my very good laptop and use that ;)

Yes as already stated I travel most of the world where English is my preferred method of speech. I also have both VT and TS and a microphone, and I use it when needed during raids and a lot when not under raids (nothing worse than 10/25 people talking and yelling under a hard encounter when the tanks, healers, RL and other important info should be allowed priority)  

My Spec of my Desktop is a I7 with a very nice gfx card, 8gb ram, and win os 7. 2 screens and everything else you need for a good system.

My laptop is a Mackbook pro, with highest specs possible, running windows 7  when i play wow. (it is 3 months old, and gets changed to newest vertion from my company every 12 months or so)

I have a 100% stable internet connection, that is 50/2 mbts.

When I travel ill almost always have access to a good internet connection or ill find a local internet caf? to use during raids, but again I don't travel all that often.

Again here ill refer to http://www.youtube.com/hilwack
as that shows my Ui in action.

I have a razor naga mouse with 12 keybinds used during raids that dont have visible keybinds.  I got a G510 keybord where I use the "G" keys for raid icons, etc to easy access.

I use a long range of addon's so i wont specify them unless you specificity want me to then please write me and ill include a full list.

I played AOC, got amongst first 10 to 80, and got bored, so I quit.

Played AION dinged as first templar (tank also slowest class to level) on the server, again got bored of the never ending farming and quit.

Because you sound like a guild that got it's shit together and is not a bunch of whiny children, but you posses the will for progress, dedication and skill, I choose specificity you because it said you were recruiting feral druids, "medium" on wowpogress, so I knew I might have a chance and not just have written a long ass application for nothing ;)

Detication, Talent, will to success. and a smile when needed.

I know my Raid experience lacks from FL heroic modes as I did not play wow as a daily thing, during this patch, I more than make up for this in dedication and will. Same goes for my current gear, I know how it only just, reaches minimum requirements to take on HC DS but, I will do everything I can to change this and this is not limited to using a lot of gold if required to buy crafting materials so I can craft the few new DS items, if that will change the tide of a encounter to heighten my dps, the reason i have not done this yet, is however that I think spending 80k gold on a item upgrade might be better spend on some one else on my eventual raid team than a dps. (and yes I do have the gold if that should ever be a problem, currently I have around 900k gold on RC)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:05:39 pm by TTaM »

December 06, 2011, 11:03:58 am
Reply #1

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

Re: Ykoa Ravenchrest Feral druid dps/ tank
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 11:03:58 am »
More danes <3
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

December 06, 2011, 11:04:34 am
Reply #2

Offline Ykao

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 11:04:34 am »

December 06, 2011, 11:04:53 am
Reply #3

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 11:04:53 am »
I am working as a Chef of sales, in a international company.

Nice app. So what sales do you cook up?
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

December 06, 2011, 11:05:45 am
Reply #4

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 11:05:45 am »

December 06, 2011, 11:06:13 am
Reply #5

footmunch

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 11:06:13 am »
1+ for having 2 usefull professions

wats with the weapon enchant?

December 06, 2011, 11:06:51 am
Reply #6

Offline Ykao

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 11:06:51 am »
High end Jewellery, and Jewllery designs. Is what I sell, so mostly dimonds, to rich ladys ;) or jewellery stores ;)but my job, is more to oversee production, creation and stuff like that, than selling

December 06, 2011, 11:09:18 am
Reply #7

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 11:09:18 am »
Pilgrim perhaps?

But yeah, whats up with Hurricane on your weapon? Bad kitteh!

He's not gonna be able to tank atleast, but he seems like a kind of person we could consider taking under our wings, gear up and train?

December 06, 2011, 11:10:01 am
Reply #8

footmunch

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 11:10:01 am »
his gear isnt far off from joshs feral gear so theres no real diffrence.

December 06, 2011, 11:11:11 am
Reply #9

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 11:11:11 am »
But does he have Josh's skills (or lack of thereof)?

December 06, 2011, 11:12:52 am
Reply #10

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 11:12:52 am »
OMG
is this Sonny Souffle

Probably the weirdest danish tvshow ever made.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:14:41 am by graxlos »

Bears like alts!

December 06, 2011, 11:13:19 am
Reply #11

Offline Ykao

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 11:13:19 am »
Quote from: Footmunch link=topic=6780.msg120099#msg120099 date=1323165973

wats with the weapon enchant?
[/quote

Usefull for dps, and tanking alike as I do both regulary right now, will change as soon as I get a another staff or start raiding as either dps or tank.

Ill change it to berserking, when I wont use the weap for tanking anymore, but as i often jump tank, also when the tank dies, it is a bad trade-off to have less armor the first few seconds after jumping bear, you will be hard enough to keep alive with the stress of a dead tank,and the confusion of you taking that role until battle ress is made and rebuffs have been done.  

also i might go Landslide, but I havent crunched the numbers yet as havent needed for abow reasons.

December 06, 2011, 11:15:48 am
Reply #12

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 11:15:48 am »
you prefer haste over agi enchant for tanking?

Bears like alts!

December 06, 2011, 11:16:56 am
Reply #13

footmunch

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 11:16:56 am »
i read on EJ that the phat agi on 2h is superior for tanking aswell as dps.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:21:05 am by Footmunch »

December 06, 2011, 11:17:24 am
Reply #14

Offline Ykao

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 11:17:24 am »
seems like i fucked up with the qouting, on last post and cant edit it, I also got tank gear trinkets etc, and 5 items dedicated for tanking (with tanking gems enchants etc) and more will follow once i collect them.

Regarding my job, No not pilgrim, thing much higher class, we produce a few items for companyes like ole lyngaard, and aagaard (http://byaagaard.com/da?gclid=CMac09yb7awCFQQj3godT1cnOA)

but that is low end for us think more like dimonds and gold than silver and leather ;)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:44:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

125 Guests, 0 Users