Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Priest (DPS) - Aeralyn

April 02, 2017, 01:08:47 am
Read 7304 times

Applicant

Social Application - Priest (DPS) - Aeralyn
« on: April 02, 2017, 01:08:47 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Aeralyn
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Aeralyn/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Hello,

My name is Mike Elings, a 20 year old student, born and raised in the Netherlands. I have been in college for 3 years now and I am studying for the profession of salesperson/marketeer. My hobbies are gaming and taking long walks with my Australian Shepherd puppy Storm. I have loved video games as long as I can remember, it all started when I got my first console when I was about 6 years old, before that I occasionally played games like tomb raider on a very old pc. I just recently got into pc gaming after building my first gaming pc with the help of a friend.

Class/Spec:

I currently main Shadow Priest. When I started playing World of Warcraft I honestly had no clue which class I wanted to use. I decided to go with the kind of character I was familiar with from other mmos, a ranged dps. As a former hearthstone player I did know some of the heroes and lore behind some of the classes. I decided to go for the priest, but as I still wanted to be a dps class I decided to pick the shadow priest.

Alts:

As someone who just recently started playing world of warcraft I do not have any alternate characters yet.

Professions:

As my first profession I picked herbalism (I dont't even remember why). As second profession I picked enchanting so that I could enchant my own gear later on in the game. I haven't really had the time to level these professions though so I don't really have any special recipes yet.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

My current raiding experience is very limited. I have completed the nighthold the past 2 weeks on LFR difficulty and on normal difficulty with the help of the iron edge guild.

Previous Guilds:

As I am new to World Of Warcraft and was getting spammed with invites to random guilds I had decided not to join any guilds I didn't apply to myself. Therefor I have not been a member of any guild in the past.

Availability:

Currently my times of availability can differ from one month to the other as it all depends on the new rosters I get from college. My current roster allows me to play a few hours every day of the week. I have one exam upcoming tuesday. If I pass that exam then I will not have any remaining exams this year so exams will not be a problem for my availability till September next year, when my minor for college will start.

Communication:

I am not the kind of person who likes to brag about his proficiency in English. It is probably the best if the person who reviews my application decides if my knowledge of the English language is good enough or not. I currently have discord on my phone, I do not have teamspeak yet though. Some members of iron edge told me that my current microphone is a little sensitive though, that's why I currently use the push to talk option.

Computer / Connection:

I use an ethernet cable for gaming on my pc which enables me to average about 100mb/s so I normally have no issues with ping or connections. In the few weeks that I have played on Kazzak I have not disconnected yet nor have I suffered from bad lag. My pc specs are as following:

GTX1080 A8G Strix GPU
i7 7700K CPU
Maximus IX hero motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB 3000mHz
500 gb samsung 960evo m.2 SSD

Addons/UI:

The Addons that I currently use are:

Big Boss Monsters as it helps me understand boss mechanics that are new to me
WeakAuras V2 to improve the tracking of my cooldowns
Bartender 4 as this was a tip from a friend
ShadowUnitFrames to better understand the stack mechanic during voidform

!!!Screenshot of UI will be uploaded soon!!!

Other Games:

There are several other games that I currently play, these are mainly first person shooters under which:
Counter-Strike Global Offense
Rainbow Six Siege
Overwatch
Hearthstone

Why Iron Edge?

I chose to apply as social as I could tell from my own experience during the 2 raids that you guys allowed me to join, that the guild is full of extremely friendly, helpful and amazing people of which most are a lot like me. Iron Edge is all that I'm looking for in a guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

The thing that I can offer Iron Edge, is my time, effort and kindness. I shall do everything within my power to help the clan and its members when needed. I shall try to be as active as possible so I can achieve this.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

From my friend Rashkebab

Last Words?

I hope that my application is good enough and that I can be a part of this amazing guild. If you have any questions concerning my application or in general then feel free to ask.

April 02, 2017, 01:20:11 am
Reply #1

Offline mike96e

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Priest (DPS) - Aeralyn
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 01:20:11 am »
Hey Guys,

I'm the creator of this post, I see that it shows as posted by Applicant so it appears that something went wrong when I tried to apply with this account. Any questions regarding my application can be directed to this account, if necessary I'll reapply so this one can be deleted, let me know :D

April 02, 2017, 08:33:02 am
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 08:33:02 am »
Other than you admitting rash is your friend this apply was going really really well, I'm sure we can allow this one slip of judgement.

Good application anyway.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

April 02, 2017, 11:04:58 am
Reply #3

Offline mike96e

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 11:04:58 am »
Thanks for reading and letting me know it's a bit out of order to put that in my application. The only reason I did put it there is because it is a fact that he told me about the guild and therefor it was the reason I came to know about the guild. I do not wish that the fact that I know him influences my application. I want the same treatment as any random that applies here for the first time ;).

I would edit it out but something went wrong when trying to link my account to the application :/

April 02, 2017, 01:12:49 pm
Reply #4

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 01:12:49 pm »
I've visited the land of the swamp germans several times and can not recall every meeting you. How come?
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

April 02, 2017, 03:21:21 pm
Reply #5

Offline mike96e

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 03:21:21 pm »
I've visited the land of the swamp germans several times and can not recall every meeting you. How come?

probably because I live in a small hellhole that noone wants to visit ;P

April 02, 2017, 03:25:10 pm
Reply #6

Offline mike96e

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 03:25:10 pm »
here is a picture of my UI btw =3
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 04:29:01 pm by Phoenixflame »

April 02, 2017, 10:16:55 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 10:16:55 pm »
They're just giving you shit because you're a friend of mine, Mike. Having someone in the guild to vouch for you is actually a good thing.

You can poke me or another officer in-game for an invite to the guild. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

April 02, 2017, 11:31:02 pm
Reply #8

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 11:31:02 pm »

Utrecht than...
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

April 03, 2017, 02:07:10 pm
Reply #9

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 02:07:10 pm »
The fact that you have an 'Aussie' is enough for me!  ;D

April 03, 2017, 09:10:54 pm
Reply #10

Offline mike96e

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 09:10:54 pm »

Utrecht than...

You guessed it xD, small village 20 minutes away from Utrecht by public transport.

April 03, 2017, 09:12:10 pm
Reply #11

Offline mike96e

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 09:12:10 pm »
The fact that you have an 'Aussie' is enough for me!  ;D

Awesome haha :D a fellow aussie lover I assume? :p

April 04, 2017, 09:08:52 am
Reply #12

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 09:08:52 am »
Yeah, we have a 9yr old black-tri Aussie.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:12:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

95 Guests, 2 Users
Gaeios(Graxlos), Oni