Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 [Hardcore Raid] Mage (DPS) - Xaryon [Declined]

October 14, 2011, 01:50:11 am
Read 24319 times

Applicant

[Hardcore Raid] Mage (DPS) - Xaryon [Declined]
« on: October 14, 2011, 01:50:11 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Xaryon
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Dunemaul/Xaryon/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Raid: Hardcore Raid

Personal Info:

Przemysław Łaniec, Poland, student, 21 y.o.

Spec:

I use Arcane spec for PvE and change it to Fire for Alysrazor encounter, where I'm usually flying and DPSing the boss. I use Frost spec for PvP. My PvE ilvl is 372 and PvP one is 375.

Class:

I'm Mage, using Arcane on raids. I know that Arcane lacks fun rotations like Fire, but I usually open with 4 Arcane Blasts, launch Flame Orb and Mirror Images, then use macro for Berserking, Arcane Power, Mana Gem and PvE trinket to get a nice burst in DPS. While all cooldowns are active I constantly spam Arcane Blast till I go to 30% of my mana, then I do Evocation then Arcane Blast 3 times and then do Arcane Missiles or Arcane Barrage if I didn't get Arcane Missiles popup. I do that until my cooldowns are reset the I use them all to spam Arcane Blast. And I do that until the boss is dead.

Alts:

Darkaar - Death Knight, used as a tank. Needs a little gear up, couple BWD/BOT/TOT4W runs will do.
Panoramyx - Shaman, I'm currently lvling this one, I'll be using it mostly as a healer.

Professions:

Enchanting and Tailoring. Do I have any cool recipes? I have one Tailoring recipe which allows me to make boots for healer. Didn't get the rest. Also, I have all enchants +50/int/str/agi on bracers.

Raid Experience:

I've been raiding since I rolled on this server, almost 3 years ago.

Previous Guilds:

Paramount. I left them because there was hardly any progress in raids, "guild manager" appeared to be one big fat liar and asshole who would turn us up against each other so he could get his money for his "managing". Many promises, no results. Forcing our guild master to pay for everything "manager" was doing. Making fun of people, showing them how bad they are and not doing anything better by himself - that's why I left. I need progress. I need friendly atmosphere and I want to be really a part of a guild, not some kind of silly background.

Availability:

I'm a student. It could happen that I would have an upcoming exam or something like this. I would inform officers about that before raids of course. Bud aside that, I'm avaible a whole week. No problem for me.

Communication:

I am student of english filology, so I listen, speak and write fluently in English, it's no problem at all. I have installed and working TeamSpeak 3, I have microphone and I'm using it.

Computer / Connection:

I recently fixed my connection so it's all ok right now. No more lags or screen freezes. I have 1MB/s connection but it's enough to play without any lags or high pings.

Addons/UI:

I use BigWigs for raiding, I think it's the best addon now in my opinion. I also use MageNuggets - really useful addon for mages.

Other Games:

Terraria, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, KalOnline

Why Iron Edge?

Your guild have progress, something what I am looking for. You raid many times a week which is really awesome for me. More raiding days means more chances for progress, more self improvement and more loot :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Friendly, communicative and helpful player, nearly online a whole time, always willing to help other, less skilled mages how to improve their skills. Player who wants to mean something.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Trade spam, random people talking about you.

Last Words?

Give me chance, I really can be useful.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:57:07 am by Pluug »

October 14, 2011, 01:55:23 am
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: [Hardcore Raid] Mage (DPS) - Xaryon
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 01:55:23 am »
Hey, thanks for the app.  I think we're pretty full on mages atm, though :(  But yeah, up to Pluug!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 14, 2011, 02:07:44 am
Reply #2

Offline Xaryon

• Vendor Trash

• Fire loving maniac

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 02:07:44 am »
Hope he will agree. Currently I'm guildless :)

October 14, 2011, 02:29:17 am
Reply #3

Offline Ganx

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:29:17 am »
Hey Xaryon, and thank you for applying.
We got atm 5 pretty active mages in our hc roster, with all alot better gear than you. So i'd say it's pretty hard for you to get a trial. But it's not up to me.

I'm only curious about 1 thing. How's your stat weight, what do you reforge and gem for?
And do you use any sort of addons for reforging etc?

October 14, 2011, 02:32:25 am
Reply #4

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 02:32:25 am »
When I saw his pve gear earlier, he'd reforged to 15% hit and then gone for haste (I think.)  Didn't check the gems.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:57:14 am by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 14, 2011, 02:52:06 am
Reply #5

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 02:52:06 am »
Stamina gems in pvp gear, tisk tisk!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 14, 2011, 09:13:35 am
Reply #6

Offline Auja

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:35 am »
Stamina gems in pvp gear, tisk tisk!

As his gear is not decent enough, he may choose stamina gems however even in pve gear reforge, gem choices are wrong. Pve rotation is right but i dont know your gear Xaryon coz u had logged out with pvp gear. As TtaM said, 15% hit is unacceptable, hit>int>mastery>crit=haste should be your stat weights. There are pretty active and well geared 5 mages at the moment. Good luck with your application.
Manga freak, free spirit, deist, chain smoker, Activist and Protester, #occupygezi, 34 and still getting older! (Astrild)

October 14, 2011, 09:19:19 am
Reply #7

Offline Phobea

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 09:19:19 am »
Funny... i remember when i was in Paramount and Shag (the "manager") gave you and that fail mage Poiter all loots, even tho you were not that great :p

I left that guild because they are mostly run by jerks. The funny part is, once he was done with you, you were trash to him. I'm sorry, but i can't stop laughing about it.

But hey, who knows... maybe you've gotten better :p

October 14, 2011, 09:20:57 am
Reply #8

Offline velvetgeisha

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 09:20:57 am »
i have raided with this guy for quite a long time, i can honestly say i do not think he is quite what you guys seek for the A team..does not mean i do not wish him the best of luck in his app :)

October 14, 2011, 09:33:45 am
Reply #9

footmunch

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 09:33:45 am »
nice pvp gear bro.
stay logged out in pve gear if ur taking this app seriously

October 14, 2011, 09:35:21 am
Reply #10

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 09:35:21 am »
Also, no mining!
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

October 14, 2011, 09:41:32 am
Reply #11

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 09:41:32 am »
Also, no mining!

Come now. We all know mining is the prof for pro's
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

October 14, 2011, 09:56:37 am
Reply #12

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 09:56:37 am »
Like some people mention in previous posts we are running with 5 mages atm, they are pretty good geared and active.
I just cant fit you in here for now, i wish best luck in your guild search.

Declined.

emo? >3

November 19, 2011, 10:31:22 pm
Reply #13

Offline Lichborne

• Vendor Trash

Re: [Hardcore Raid] Mage (DPS) - Xaryon [Declined]
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 10:31:22 pm »
I'm the GM of Paramount, and I had a talk to ur management about Zeref's behavior and calling us "Failmount". Listen to me Zeref, when we kicked u like a dog from our guild u begged like hell to come back, and now ur calling us "Failmount"? A noob like u shouldn't be in a good guild such as IE, as I recall in raids u couldn't even catch tanks with dps. And "Failmount" got raggy hc, link ur achiv for raggy and then talk noob. Srsly I'm sry for ur parents to have a retarded person like u in the family, coz it's really a huge task for them.

November 19, 2011, 10:44:40 pm
Reply #14

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

Re: [Hardcore Raid] Mage (DPS) - Xaryon [Declined]
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 10:44:40 pm »
I'm the GM of Paramount, and I had a talk to ur management about Zeref's behavior and calling us "Failmount". Listen to me Zeref, when we kicked u like a dog from our guild u begged like hell to come back, and now ur calling us "Failmount"? A noob like u shouldn't be in a good guild such as IE, as I recall in raids u couldn't even catch tanks with dps. And "Failmount" got raggy hc, link ur achiv for raggy and then talk noob. Srsly I'm sry for ur parents to have a retarded person like u in the family, coz it's really a huge task for them.

Thanks for the information and grats on your raggy kill

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 07:25:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

46 Guests, 0 Users