Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 B-Raid App: Runningwolf seeks Asylum (or should that be the other way around...)

April 22, 2009, 09:36:38 pm
Read 6902 times

Offline El Wolf

• Vendor Trash

Tindings of joy I bring to you this day Iron Edge, from Runningwolf the Tauren Hunter (level 80)

Personal Information

Well in game my main persona is Runningwolf, in real life my name is Owen, I'm 34 and live in Nottingham England. Believe it or not but I recently started work for the UK Government, and since the data protection act prohibits me talking about my job in any respect then I'll just have to give my job title as 'Government Agent!'  :D. I'll quite happily speak to anyone in-game or via pm's forum mail/email (that is if you'd like to clarify anything), but try to contact me at work and you may get stormed by 30 SAS soldiers before you can say 'OMGWTFAAAAHH!'   :'(

Character Information

My gear can be seen here: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Runningwolf <--- Sorry Gerdi had to link the Bow :D, I do use Envoy during raids, I just use the bow for farming now and also 'cos it looks frikkin awesome! :P

I don't mind playing as any of the 3 specs on my hunter, recently I bought the dual spec ability so I could try out different specs and have the option of changing specs depending on the encounter (Hodir is a good example, sniper training isn't so OP with his debuff). I've just changed my second profession to Jewelcrafting, I've been considering it for a while, just not got around to actually doing it.

Here's a picture of my current UI (bindings and a few macros are also visible along with rough outlines for other addons/frames).
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7272/rwuiss1.jpg

Raiding

Currently I can raid every day of the week if required, indeed I did during the last week in Ulduaar :). I normally work during the weekdays, but some people die faster disappear quicker than others I sometimes finish work earlier than normal, also its flexi time so I can choose when I start/finish. Generally speaking I'd be online from around 18:00 CET, but if I knew I was raiding then using the awesome flexi-time-spell I'd get home a couple of hours earlier at least.

More specific times:

Mondays: 18:00 onwards until around 24:00
Tuesdays: 18:00 onwards until around 24:00
Wednesdays: 18:00 onwards until around 24:00
Thursdays: 18:00 onwards until around 24:00
Fridays: 18:00 onwards until around 24:00 unless out on beer patrol.
Saturday: 13:00 onwards until around 24:00 unless out on beer patrol.
Sundays: 13:00 onwards until around 24:00
(All times are CET)

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history:

This is gonna be a huge can of worms, I've been playing games online for about 13 years, started with good old Diablo 1, worked up through C&C and some other RTS's of the era. Eventually I started playing another MMO called Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast, this hooked me and after Sega stopped the servers(I'd moved on from the DC by this time) I found myself wanting more. Not finding a immediate replacement I played alot of FPS style games, Counter strike (and Source) and Operation Flashpoint among them. I'll stop there before I unleash more decadent titles from the dark ages :P

My World Of Warcraft 'life' started in April 2005. I leveled my hunter upto 60 in about 3 weeks, maybe less I'm not 100% sure, at around the lvl 40 mark I was asked if I'd like to join Fantasia and since I wasn't in any other guild I joined, and rose to officer rank after about 2 weeks, a few months later I went with my brother to the guild 'The Black Fury'. My stint there was for the remainder of Vanilla WoW until around Sunwell in The Burning Crusade, I left TBF just before roughly half the guild quit or changed guild to Bladestorm. I on the other hand went to Rigor Mortis, and have been there up until yesterday. During my time in RM I was promoted to Vanguard (one rank below officer), and a few weeks after that I was asked if I'd like to be a officer (which I accepted). My reasons for being kicked from RM, were because I'd made an application to another guild on a different realm without quitting the guild first, this caused quite a bit of drama which probably did my application no favours! :P I've since reconsidered my position and decided (YES FINALLY DELLING! :) )to apply to IE.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
Well apart from being headhunted previously by a few Iron Edgers, since about midway through TBC I've often wondered what its like in such a reknowned guild. There are a few of my friends already in IE that I get on well with and have mostly known from previous guilds we've been in. Also during the time I've been chatting to Delling, his skills have impressed me so much so I'd like to see what he's like in action (not as his Tinker-Dell alter-ego :P )

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I always try to bring my best to raiding and PVE, I fell out with PVP about mid way through TBC (Nerf Retri anyone? :D ), but I also bring a wicked sense of humour to both guild and raid chat(though I don't interrupt when the RL is doing his thing for obvious reasons).

Last words?
Sorry about the Melee weapon, warriors & DK's I got it before the staff change :D

Regards,

Owen Aka Runningwolf

P.S. I couldn't find a newer version of the template so used this one, I'll happily amend this post if there is one available?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:50:49 pm by El Wolf »

April 22, 2009, 09:42:39 pm
Reply #1

Offline Hugman

• Officer

Re: Runningwolf seeks Asylum (or should that be the other way around...)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:42:39 pm »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA

A hunter with Betrayer of Humanity, and a legendary ???.

I will respond to your application properly later, i just felt i should say that.

B-raid right?  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:46:54 pm by Hugman »

April 22, 2009, 09:49:44 pm
Reply #2

Offline Coldshy

• Former Member

Re: Runningwolf seeks Asylum (or should that be the other way around...)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:49:44 pm »
hey rw!

I've known this man since lvl 60 days, we've been in the same guild once as well ^^
He's a great laugh on vent lot's of humor and nice chats, he can still act mature ofcourse!

Anyways what can i say, a fun guy to have around, and it seems he's a pve addict *bad bad! pvp go go!*

GL with your apply mate

/cheer coldshy
Characters:
Coldshy - lvl 80 Druid
Vuuz - lvl 80 Death knight

April 22, 2009, 09:54:25 pm
Reply #3

Offline El Wolf

• Vendor Trash

Sorry yeah I've updated the title :)

Thanks Coldshy, we'll have to try out some more 2v2 :D can you change spec in the arena? rofl

I've already spoken about BoH in my app, I could've taken it at a later date for sure but I'm not greedy and passed it to other people who would've benefitted much more. :)

Guns for a Pro, Teh Bow fer show! hah

April 22, 2009, 10:59:45 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

Do want.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

April 22, 2009, 11:53:17 pm
Reply #5

Eyehole

this guy /waved at me in ogrimmar so give :P  :-*  8)
just teasing...

nice coloured application, well written!
don't mention about betrayer of humanity here or you will need taunt skill to handle me!

WE BEG FOR A WEAPON IN B RAID !

April 23, 2009, 01:38:23 am
Reply #6

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

I like this guy, even though he mistook me for some nobody called Grillchips.
I will have to figure out if his awesomeness is strong enough to warrant a third hunter in the B-raid!
Will get back to you!

Grilly

April 23, 2009, 01:43:49 am
Reply #7

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Third hunter? Don't count on Mal raiding consistently, Grilly... he'll disappear against, almost guaranteed (plus, he doesn't read the forum, so I'm safe in saying this, hooray!)

Good app. Nice and colourful.

Think Gerdi needs to decide what to do with you though (unless you really do want to go to the B raid, in which case, screw Gerdi!)

-D
Now I run a tech website.

April 23, 2009, 01:49:18 am
Reply #8

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

Good point.. and Mortis has fallen in love with that damn warrior of his!
So, only hunter for B-raid Hooooo!

Edit: This is another newsfeed-rapist thread title..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:50:52 am by Grilldyret »

April 23, 2009, 05:31:35 am
Reply #9

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

Someone who recognised the greatness of PSO.

Shit was so cash... wish the new PS0 on DS was not a DS game but PC... alas :(

April 23, 2009, 09:19:43 am
Reply #10

Offline Gerdi

• Forum Member

Luckly I already talked to this guy dell ! Me doing something.. world must come to an end soon..

But with 3 100% raiding hunters, if i took one more raiding hunter, 2 raids a week wouldn be hardcore.. So I asked him to apply for the b-raid wich this application is to.

So there you go ! Screw me.. that didnt come out right.. well grilly it is up to you !

But since I like this guy, and I think he will give the hunter channel and forum a fresh boost.

I approve !

April 23, 2009, 11:27:39 am
Reply #11

Offline Thoramon

• Guild Member

Nice application there mate . Good luck  :)

April 23, 2009, 01:58:46 pm
Reply #12

Offline Cloelia

• Former Member

I enjoyed reading your apply mate :) Very nice done. GL

April 24, 2009, 12:41:43 am
Reply #13

Offline Morbid

• Guild Member

Ohnoes MI16 infiltrating the braid ;)

April 24, 2009, 04:28:00 pm
Reply #14

Offline El Wolf

• Vendor Trash

Thanks for all the comments so far, much appreciated :)

As far as what group I want to join, its more down to what you guys need from me :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 07:40:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 0 Users