Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Lpx

September 15, 2015, 12:49:37 am
Read 8517 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Lpx
« on: September 15, 2015, 12:49:37 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Lpx
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Lpx/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Jesper I'm 21 from Sweden, I'm currently unemployed since i finished studying farily recently. Spending most of my current freetime gaming and socialzing with friends.

Class/Spec:

Main: Arcane
Off: Frost

My mainspec is Arcane and I have 715 equipped Item level and all the important trinkets/set pieces. I'm playing Arcane for multiple reasons, I think its the best specc for almost every fight in hellfire citadel on both progress and farm, with the only expection beeing archimonde and possibly tyrant. I also find the spec alot more enjoyable than frost which gives me the motivation to play better. I'm very comfortable playing both the specs and have no problems swapping if needed.

Arcane stat priorities varies abit depending on gear, with the current 4-piece tier bonus haste becomes slightly better than mastery followed by multistrike. Haste also synergises slightly with Prophecy of Fear trinket if it means you are able to get more casts in during the uptime of the trinket.

Alts:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Lpxz/advanced Used to be my main in Mists of pandaria but im not too keen on playing it currently but might be fun if there are some organized alt runs.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Lpx/advanced My main before my 6 month break in Blackrock Foundry, stopped playing it as i got bored of Farm and has been inactive ever since.

Professions:

Nothing really notable, Alchemy/enchanting maxed, mostly so i can enchant and get consumables cheaper, and 2hour flasks are OpieOP.

Raiding Experience:

I have always been a DPS, healing/tanking has never been my thing apart from challenge modes, mostly because monk tanks was top dps in challengemodes anyway. ^^

I have been a cutting edge raider since Throne of thunder but as I mentioned took a 6 month break recently which meant I was behind coming back to this current tier.

Most notable recent achievments is:
top 100 world lei-shen and Ra-den heroic.
top 70 world Garrosh Hellscream heroic.
top 70 world Blackhand Mythic

These were all done in GoodGame-Frostmane

I was also a pretty dedicated Challenge mode time pusher in MoP and ended up with 9/9 realm best times on Thunderhorn and 8/9 realm best on Sylvanas at one point during the end of Mists of Pandaria

Previous Guilds:

The only guild worth mentioning is GoodGame-Frostmane which disbanded recently, I was in that guild from early Throne of Thunder to late blackrock foundry with only a few breaks where I raided with some other guild during farm. As mentioned I took a break from raiding and during that time the guild fell apart which lead to me starting a new character.I decided to go to Kazzak-Horde with some IRL friends. I'm currently playing in Hoax which I basicly joined to get back into raiding, I've had a decent time in there but has mostly been a way for me to get experience and a chance to get some gear and prove myself again after my break.

Availability:

I'm available for raiding any day, any time pretty much. I don't have any upcoming events that would interfere with it that I'm aware of currently.

Communication:

Yes, Yes and Yes, I'm comfortable using my microphone and wont hessitate if I feel its needed.

Computer / Connection:

My FPS is very stable during raids and I have no problems with either my PC or my Ineternet connection.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4663838625
playing with about 20ms

Addons/UI:

Idle: https://gyazo.com/3b70498a00d981a4cde4fb0bc06196f7
Weakauras: https://gyazo.com/71594d50f80c7379ef757bd7160ca74f
In combat: https://gyazo.com/79192489e5de67ed7a261410d964e9fd

Other Games:

Diablo 3, Rocket League and Hearhstone at the moment.

Why Iron Edge?

I want a guild that puts effort into progress and I also want to raid with my RL friend. I have heard some good stuff about the guild from him which made me intrested.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A consistant player that will show up prepared to every raid. I am an experience mythic raider and will hopefully be able to showcase that. I am a social guy outside raiding but know when to turn my serious face on and perform.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Friends, Nephanix

Last Words?

Thanks for reading =)

September 15, 2015, 05:03:28 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Lpx
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 05:03:28 pm »
Any friend of nephanix should not mention that as it jeopardises your chances of succes and lack of cyber hate, after all he's a dirty effing rogue!

Onto the app as the officers having a lazy day it seems looks alright, nice progress you had aswell before your breaks and seems you've caught up with legendary and other gear. Your at the same xp as Us Right now too maybe this app asking as your attendance is as good as you say it is and your damage output is good see no reason why you wouldn't be a good addition to the ranged team and make them work for there spots more.  Competition and all that jazz you know.

So last thing logs, can you provide some so that when our ranged officer finally wakes from his eternal slumber can have an detailed decision for you. Slight concern for me though is you used a guild same progress as us To just get geared, will we fall that way too or this a step back from hard hardcore raiding?

Good luck on the apply

Vejeta
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:07:58 pm by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

September 15, 2015, 05:15:44 pm
Reply #2

Nephanis

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 05:15:44 pm »
I will answer on behalf of Lpx as his account has not been activated by an officer yet. And when i say answer, i mean i'll link his logs for him.

- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/99375
- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10497922/latest/#boss=0

September 15, 2015, 08:44:23 pm
Reply #3

Atlanteans

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 08:44:23 pm »
Hey Lpx, I'm not an officer but there's a couple of things I'd like to ask if that's okay.

My mainspec is Arcane and I have 715 equipped Item level and all the important trinkets/set pieces. I'm playing Arcane for multiple reasons, I think its the best specc for almost every fight in hellfire citadel on both progress and farm, with the only expection beeing archimonde and possibly tyrant. I also find the spec alot more enjoyable than frost which gives me the motivation to play better. I'm very comfortable playing both the specs and have no problems swapping if needed.

Going off the information available here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/8#class=Mage
You seem absolutely right that arcane dominates most fights in mythic, however the only boss where frost seems better than arcane or fire is mythic archimonde which is a long way off. There are some earlier bosses where fire seems to outshine arcane. Are you preparing for this gear-wise? Do you know how to play fire?

Using the logs Neph linked, your DPS seems very average on the mythic fights you've logged on, and in heroic you have only 1 90+ percentile. Is this because of gear? If it is, why haven't you bought, for example, the crafted ring that would be an upgrade for you?

So last thing logs, can you provide some so that when our ranged officer finally wakes from his eternal slumber can have an detailed decision for you. Slight concern for me though is you used a guild same progress as us To just get geared, will we fall that way too or this a step back from hard hardcore raiding?

I initially thought Vejeta was being harsh when he said this, but then I realised you're applying from a guild that I have a few friends in. I inquired to see if they were aware you were leaving, and they weren't. In fact, they seemed to be rather annoyed. They said that you were given loot as a trial over main raiders, which would not normally have happened just like it doesn't in our guild, under the assumption that you would be loyal and remain with them. Can you elaborate and explain what's going on here please?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:58:08 pm by Atlanteans »

September 15, 2015, 09:06:58 pm
Reply #4

Offline Lpx

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 09:06:58 pm »
I don't see the point in going fire since the only fight where it would be "better" is on Iskar and Xhul'horac, where I don't even believe it is better since the high DPS basicly comes from padding on the adds rather than focusing down the priority adds which Arcane would do better, thats also why I think arcane is better than frost on Hellfire High Council since the most important part of the fight is to have high burst/single target dps on the first boss sub 30%, so no, I dont believe Fire is needed for any boss on progress.

And regarding my logs I have been undergeared and I still am abit undergeared. It's hard to outperform mythic raiders on their sub 2 minute kill timer with my current gear and thats probably why me percentile is low.

As mentioned in my application I have a decent time in my current guild but I miss playing with my RL friend. I havent mentioned my application here and I don't really have a reasoning for it other than I would like to play with my friend. I came back after my break to raid and play with my friends, and thats what I have in mind right now, no plans on going back to hardcore raiding.

All my friends initially applied to Hoax but only I got accepted since they didn't need melee dps, I figured I would join the guild to see how it was, but as I said, my goal when I came back was to raid with my friends, and thats what I'm trying to pursue currently

September 15, 2015, 09:36:32 pm
Reply #5

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 09:36:32 pm »

I initially thought Vejeta was being harsh when he said this, but then I realised you're applying from a guild that I have a few friends in. I inquired to see if they were aware you were leaving, and they weren't. In fact, they seemed to be rather annoyed. They said that you were given loot as a trial over main raiders, which would not normally have happened just like it doesn't in our guild, under the assumption that you would be loyal and remain with them. Can you elaborate and explain what's going on here please?

I asked this not to be harshed but to ask due to he even written this in his application.

I've had a decent time in there but has mostly been a way for me to get experience and a chance to get some gear and prove myself again after my break.

Lpx, just please know this isn't a personal attack its just i walk around here with a massive club and say the things i feel are important which others skim over.

Again is a fairly nice apply and i feel with our currently lack of ranged is worthwhile of a trial considering competition is a good thing considering the slack raid attendance of our ranged side, well some at least this may be the kick up the ass to get regular again :) I dont speak for the officers however so you may need to answer some more questions they put forward, if they ever see this :)

Good luck

Vejeta
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:38:06 pm by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

September 15, 2015, 09:44:16 pm
Reply #6

Offline Lpx

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 09:44:16 pm »
Don't worry, I'm not offended in any way.

It's just the truth isn't it? Nowdays It's almost impossible to get into pugs without having achievments or beeing seriously overgeared, so I'm very happy that Hoax gave me a chance even though my lack of gear and hellfire citadel experience.
 I don't have anything against the guild apart from some people beeing abit childish but I've already mentioned that to the raid leader and it doesn't really bother me too much. I simply want to make raiding more enjoyable by raiding with my friend

September 15, 2015, 09:56:00 pm
Reply #7

Atlanteans

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 09:56:00 pm »
I don't see the point in going fire since the only fight where it would be "better" is on Iskar and Xhul'horac, where I don't even believe it is better since the high DPS basicly comes from padding on the adds rather than focusing down the priority adds which Arcane would do better, thats also why I think arcane is better than frost on Hellfire High Council since the most important part of the fight is to have high burst/single target dps on the first boss sub 30%, so no, I dont believe Fire is needed for any boss on progress.
On Xhul'horac, the two main adds share health with Xhul'horac so it is not "padding" by any means. High DPS on the other adds like the imps is essential to reduce the chance of a shadowfel annihilation being triggered by them and wiping the raid, so this DPS is essential.

On Iskar, all of the adds (except the illusionary outcasts) all cause essential mechanics in the fight. The corrupted talonpriests throw out the fel bombs that must be dispelled by the eye holder, and the warden and fel raven's introduce a raid-wipe mechanic that must be handled by a tank with the eye. On mythic, a new add also brings a mechanic that links players together and they must receive the eye to see who they are linked to. If this mechanic isn't handled properly it will result in unhealable fatal damage. Management of the eye during the add phase is very difficult and complicated, especially at the beginning of the phase, and the quicker the adds die the less pressure it puts on those dealing with the eye (everyone in mythic will have to deal with it). So, again, I disagree that the add damage on Iskar is "padding" at all, in fact it is absolutely essential in making the fight much, much easier.

And regarding my logs I have been undergeared and I still am abit undergeared. It's hard to outperform mythic raiders on their sub 2 minute kill timer with my current gear and thats probably why me percentile is low.
I appreciate the disadvantage you're at, and absolutely I wouldn't expect you to do as high DPS as people that outgear you - but i asked you a question, if gear is an issue why haven't you taken measures to rectify this like buying BoE's?

As mentioned in my application I have a decent time in my current guild but I miss playing with my RL friend. I havent mentioned my application here and I don't really have a reasoning for it other than I would like to play with my friend. I came back after my break to raid and play with my friends, and thats what I have in mind right now, no plans on going back to hardcore raiding.

All my friends initially applied to Hoax but only I got accepted since they didn't need melee dps, I figured I would join the guild to see how it was, but as I said, my goal when I came back was to raid with my friends, and thats what I'm trying to pursue currently
I appreciate that you want to play with your friend, and I don't believe you're purposely trying to screw over Hoax. However, did you tell the officers in Hoax before applying to iron edge that you intended to leave? You openly admitted to joining that guild to "get experience and a chance to get some gear ", were they aware of your intentions before you joined? As I pointed out earlier, they didn't seem to be aware of this.

The concern I am trying to express is that such an action will almost certainly be viewed by those you were playing with as a betrayal if you didn't make your intentions clear to them. From what I have heard from my friends, from their perspective it feels as if you used them for gear. Iron edge is a guild that has been around for 10 years, and as such the guild greatly values loyalty to the guild. Can you assure us that your attitude aligns with these values? How can we know that you won't just apply to another guild at some stage down the line if you're raiding with us?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:57:52 pm by Atlanteans »

September 15, 2015, 10:00:03 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 10:00:03 pm »
Hi there!

Nice application and good experience.

You're gonna have some real competition from our current mages though. I'll get Bendie and Caaster (our current mages) in here to take a look and see what they think!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 15, 2015, 10:22:04 pm
Reply #9

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 10:22:04 pm »
As the official Iron Edge Mage, I've looked over your application and I like what I see.
I always welcome new competition so that I can improve myself, I hope you feel the same way.
My fellow guildies in this thread make some fair points, loyalty is very important in our guild.
I personally would love to compete with you in the future.
Best of luck, you've got my approval.
(And honestly that's the only thing that matters).
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

September 15, 2015, 10:33:22 pm
Reply #10

Offline Lpx

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 10:33:22 pm »
(except the illusionary outcasts)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wgqTXm4yWDjFYh3K#fight=12&type=damage-done&source=20&by=target
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1L9kmqth3pBRa8rX#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=26&by=target
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BdCHQ7RPV8Nf4baw#fight=12&type=damage-done&source=2&by=target

This is why Fire should not be played on Iskar progress. But to look on top logs and see whats best for progress just seems dumb. The priority adds will die faster as arcane and with cooldowns, nothing will beat that. The only reason fire would be better for progress (I guess) would be if you have a raid setup with exceptionally low AoE DPS.

And the same goes for Xhul'horac, the fire cleave is really overkill and if i'm not mistaken you have a melee cleave heavy setup which means Fire is even more inferior. I can assure you that almost every Mage in top guilds plays Arcane or Frost on progress and then goes back to Fire for some juicy logs, the exepctions beeing the people exclusivly playing Fire like Combusty from encore. just seeing that there is 120ppl playing fire on that boss and 630 playing arcane should speak for itself.

Honestly, I don't think its worth it, i have bought my bracers already and to spend, what? another 50k on a 5 item level upgrade which would net me a few 100 dps I wouldn't even do that in my old guild and it seems more irrelevant now since at this point guilds on this level outgear content even more. A 5+ item level ring would not make or break a fight, a doom nova in the middle of the raid or a healer getting taken out of digest 15 seconds too fast will.

I did not mention that i was going to leave the guild a few weeks after I joined, however I did apply to Hoax together with a couple of friends and I was the only one who got accepted. And i wouldn't say I "used them for gear" since I has consistantly outperformed others in the guild and progressed/killed 3 bosses with them. There is no way to deny that I got alot of gear during my time in the guild but as i said, almost all the gear i've recieved was given to me over alts/off spec or I coined it.

September 15, 2015, 10:44:11 pm
Reply #11

Offline Caaster

• Former Member

• Meeeaow

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 10:44:11 pm »
- As stated by my colleague in crime Bendie, the only thing that matters is what the mages think of you, to be specific, ME.

- I agree with your decision with pursuing arcane as MS, since as you say fire might provide larger numbers, but that means less damage on the boss. Not like lack of cleave is a real issue in our raidingroup anyways.

- You know what setbonuses and trinkets does for your class and how it alters your stat prio, naturally we have yet to see how you utilize your rotation but by the looks of it it's mostly going to be RNG based at this point.

- Decent app, I'd highly recommend giving this lad a trail.

- I hope you thrive in a competative environment, and you are welcome to our weekly wine and cheddar cheese with cracker theorycrafting magenight anytime you like. (If you are good enough that is)

- Best of luck with gaining approval of the officers

!!WAIT!! - Bonusquestion: What is your haste softcap?

/Caaster
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:57:03 pm by Caaster »

September 15, 2015, 10:49:05 pm
Reply #12

Offline Lpx

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »
Thanks for the nice words <3

September 15, 2015, 11:27:30 pm
Reply #13

Offline Lpx

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 11:27:30 pm »
!!WAIT!! - Bonusquestion: What is your haste softcap?

This has actually been bothering me alot, I am aware of that there are some haste breakpoints/caps but I haven't been able to find any guide/forum post that mentions what they actually are only that they exist. A Mage friend said that you should aim towards 27% haste raid buffed but from comparing various mage from top cutting edge raiding their haste varies all from 1500 to 2300 and some going even higher. So in my case I haven't actually gone for any cap/breakpoint, I've just made sure I don't go above 27% raid buffed because thats all the info i've found.

September 16, 2015, 12:11:29 am
Reply #14

Offline Caaster

• Former Member

• Meeeaow

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 12:11:29 am »
- The correct info is hard to find. Especially in the manner of details that we mages are searching for at these levels.

- 2100 Haste should be a bookmark, anything above that is a waste/better spent gathering mastery.

- Too bad, you almost had me impressed ;)

/caaster
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:14:43 am by Caaster »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:13:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

47 Guests, 0 Users