Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Application: Olkada (disc Priest)

March 20, 2009, 03:29:12 pm
Read 11383 times

olkada

Application: Olkada (disc Priest)
« on: March 20, 2009, 03:29:12 pm »
First of all, be prepared for a long app. I m not good in cutting things out, the seven question below are what I think should be relavent for a recruit.
A short summery: Disc Priest/ rl: 19 yo, german, active/ interest (ig): pvp (also like to see pve content)
Don t borther reading if you 1. dislike Germans 2. don t need disc priest for pvp in guild or can t handle spending 5 mins reading my application, thx.

1. Nickname (+ nick on this board if not the same) and Class/Level
Olkada 80 Priest

2. Shortly describe your gaming and guild history

I started with Dark Age of Camelot, 2001. Followed by Star Wars Galaxy. I started playing World of Warcraft in closed beta, 2005. Went 60 pretty fast and started raiding mc and bwl, followed by aq, zg and naxx.
I took some breaks from Wow to try out new mmos, aka Vanguard and Age of Conan (Vaporware, lol).
I was very active in Pvp in all mmos I played, with less focus on pve. Just Wow made me interested in the Pve parts of mmos.
In 2005 I joined a pve guild on Ravencrest. Later I joined an online gaming community. Guild of Sun, I played with them in doac and SWG allrdy. I m still member in SUN, but since they went playing Darkfall, which I ain t going to try out I ll stick to wow. At the moment I m in "Night Stalkers", did some pve with them, OS 3d cleared. Since their dkp system and handling of 226 items sucks, I m gonna leave my current guild, no matter if you accept me or not.

3. What crafting professions do you got (If any)

I skilled up engeneering 2 weeks ago, dislearned tailoring for that, since Blizzard will buff up the Nitro Boots and Glove haste enchant in 3.1.
My other profession is mining, which I also rerolled to get some money, I planed rerolling again, but due to the passive 50 stamina I ll keep it for pvp. Any other profession has no better pvp buff. (Enchanting 48stam or sp/letherworking 50stam etc.) I have no problem with rerolling again, if someone can tell me an alternative profession with better buffs for pvp.

4. Briefly describe why Iron Edge would benefit from you

I m a very active and social member. I spend alot of time reading patch notes, finding new specs and helping people out, if I can,wether in pve or pvp. I got good pvp gear, all honor items deadly and looking forward to start s6 in full deadly (even ap gear). My Pve gear is decent, due to my lack of luck at rolls and Night Stalkers handling of items. I m also looking for active people for a 5v5 team, which should hopefully be a win-win situation for us, if you re looking for a active arena partner, even if I m not able to join you, feel free to /w me ingame or send me a pm.

5. Briefly describe why you would benefit from Iron Edge?

Like I said allready, I m looking for arena mates and maybe some raiding. To be in an active guild is a must for me, since I love raiding, chatting and playing arenas even at off times, due to my rl I spend most of my time playing between 10pm and 5am during weeks and monday/tuesday evening/afternoon. At the moment I m "raiding" every wednesday (19:15+), which is hard for me, since I m working from 16-19:00. (Wed, Thurs and Fri.) Actually, that s not the problem, but in the last weeks 1. I didn t got a spot, 2. Due to the handling of loot all "core Raiders" aren t raiding anymore, since they got their items.

6. Who are you? Tell us a bit about yourself. (Age, Country, etc.)
I m 19 yo, German, doing my Abitur, A-Level or Colledge finsh, whatever is equal in your country, atm. My play times are Monday/Tuesday 5pm till 5am or until I m gettin bored. Wed, Thur from 20:00 till 5am.. Weekends I m playing afternoonish and Sundays the full day, np.

Ofc I got working vent, mic and not laggin pc, active on vent etc.. 2200 raiting in 2v2,1970 in 3v3, but didn t play much. Highest raiting in s5 2269.
If you really care about archivements and titles: Flawless Victor, Champ or the Frozen Wastes, Twilight Vanquisher and some lvl 60 titles.

Thanks for your time, sorry for the wall of text.
/Olkada
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:36:48 pm by olkada »

March 20, 2009, 03:36:45 pm
Reply #1

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

Re: Application: Olkada (disc Priest)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 03:36:45 pm »
Nice application.
But, are you applying as a pvp member? casual member (f&f) or a raiding member (a or b raid?)?.

If you apply and are accepted as a PvP member, you definitely shouldn't expect invites to either the B or the A raiding group here either. So make up your mind maybe?

March 20, 2009, 03:43:19 pm
Reply #2

olkada

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 03:43:19 pm »
As Pvp member, I don t know that much of your guild structur. The point is, that I can help out in whatever you need. Atm I m doing mainly pvp, but since Blizzard fucked up the itemization I m forced to do pve. In 3.1/s6 I won t be forced to do pve anymore, so no real point, other than interest in doing pve.
To make it more clear, I d like to join as Pvp member! If I don t get a spot in your raiding grps it s fine with me!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:45:02 pm by olkada »

March 20, 2009, 04:12:28 pm
Reply #3

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 04:12:28 pm »
There structure of the guild basically has 4 parts:
- A-Team raiders ("hardcore" raiders)
- B-Team 'core' raiders (people who show up to our 2nd raid regularly)
- Hardcore PvPers (people with high ratings whom we sponsor with guild repairs, etc)
- Casuals (friends/family/etc of the above 3 groups)

The groups overlap somewhat, but that's basically it.

To get into the guild u need to apply under one of these categories.  Getting in under 1 category means you don't necessarily qualify (at first) for the others.  E.g. if you join as a PvPer, you may not get to raid in our hardcore or casual raidgroup at all.  Then again, you may do, depending on the demands of each section.

Hope that clears it up a bit.  Good luck.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

March 20, 2009, 04:45:03 pm
Reply #4

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 04:45:03 pm »
I for one welcome our new German overlords...

Oh wait, nevermind.

Nice application. Confident, and strong. Just like a German!

As TTaM said, you will need to pick a point of entry. I don't think the B raid wants a priest, so sticking to the PVP thing might be a good idea. Don't expect ANY raid invites, however.

(We have had PVPers join IE expecting to pick up raids, and then quit when they didn't get any...!)

Also, Gozhell, our PVP officer, seems to have disappeared recently...
Now I run a tech website.

March 20, 2009, 07:50:52 pm
Reply #5

olkada

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 07:50:52 pm »

(We have had PVPers join IE expecting to pick up raids, and then quit when they didn't get any...!)

Also, Gozhell, our PVP officer, seems to have disappeared recently...

Like I wrote before, no problem with me. Raiding would just be a bonus/privilege. I got time to wait, take the time you need, check my armory profile I ll be online tomorrow from 10am till 7:30 pm, feel free to wisper me ig.

thanks for the friendly welcome btw.

/Olkada

March 20, 2009, 11:30:24 pm
Reply #6

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 11:30:24 pm »

Confident, and strong. Just like a German!

Umm he just seams cocky to me. Gozhell will have to tame n brake this one muahahaha!

p.s. I hate Germans, ur language sucks, and its very hard 2 learn!

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

March 20, 2009, 11:47:21 pm
Reply #7

Offline Fuzion

• Guild Member

• Paper Bender
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 11:47:21 pm »
Don t borther reading if you 1. dislike Germans 2. don t need disc priest for pvp in guild or can t handle spending 5 mins reading my application, thx.

It's nice that you took your time to write up an application that includes pretty much everything. But I found the 'close this if you cant spend 5 min. reading my app.' thing a little rude.

Check my Tumblr.

March 21, 2009, 02:25:00 am
Reply #8

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 02:25:00 am »
My point exactly, as i stated he is 2 cocky, need 2 turn it down a lvl.

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

March 21, 2009, 11:27:30 am
Reply #9

Offline Fatalbone

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 11:27:30 am »
this thread needs more scat to fulfill the stereotype

March 21, 2009, 05:29:59 pm
Reply #10

olkada

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 05:29:59 pm »

It's nice that you took your time to write up an application that includes pretty much everything. But I found the 'close this if you cant spend 5 min. reading my app.' thing a little rude.

Sorry if it sound rude to you, wasn t ment that way. Should have been jokelike, I could ve also also written "I know that I wrote alot, but I can t give you the time back you spend reading" 

March 21, 2009, 06:21:44 pm
Reply #11

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 06:21:44 pm »
Your application is great! People should not get offended of what you wrote there.. but hey, they are paladins after all.

March 21, 2009, 06:34:34 pm
Reply #12

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 06:34:34 pm »
Sparrow is a mortal noob.

You DO sound cocky to me, ARE you cocky?
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

March 22, 2009, 12:17:41 pm
Reply #13

Offline Gozhell

• Guild Member

• tumblr blog
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 12:17:41 pm »
 Looks good I have to say! But really take your time to think about it, will you miss PvE so much that you would leave us for another guild that can offer you what we can't. I'm not saying that you can't do any PvE when you're in Iron Edge, but you might get disappointed when invites are rolling and you're left behind.

I speak some German, so we might just get along!

March 22, 2009, 03:58:54 pm
Reply #14

Eyehole

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 03:58:54 pm »
ich auch

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:31:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

85 Guests, 0 Users