Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Maix - Subtlety UD Rogue

August 14, 2011, 05:30:06 pm
Read 11116 times

Offline mayx

• Guild Member

Maix - Subtlety UD Rogue
« on: August 14, 2011, 05:30:06 pm »
Hello IRON EDGE!! :)

Who you are

My name is Stefan Chavdarov and I just hit 23 years old a month ago.

- Occupation/School
- Right now I am a university student in Sofia, Bulgaria and now am in Germany for a summer practice. I am basically helping one Albanian dude to make his Master Thesis by doing image analysis for him with software called MATLAB. I?m not your usual nerd, in fact I don?t look nerd at all, but :D lets continue. I am majoring in Chemical Engineering. Most people wonder what this is when they hear it, it is generally physics of chemistry, math, thermodynamics and a lot of computer simulation usage, AutoCad, MATLAB, DESIGN II ( flowsheets ) and so on.

- Where do you want to be in ten years from now?
- To know where I will be in 10 years from now I?ve got to start with right now. Right now I know around 3 foreign languages to a good level, English best, German and Spanish less, have spent 1 year in Spain working and studying Computer Science, 1 year later in the USA studying math, but returned to Bulgaria eventually cus US was too expensive and I liked the more relaxed situation in my home country. I can say that I?m so ambitious for everything I do that it bleeds.
 Ten years from now I will be 33, I will probably have a job and some good 5-6 years experience in my field. Probably I see myself settled, having a good job or a good rank in where I work, why not run a place or own business.

Your WoW/PvP history

- When have you started playing and why?
- I started playing WoW in Vanilla, 5 years ago with a mage, didn?t raid with it, but instead made a druid with which I raided full Vanilla with <Cold Blooded>, after that my brother made a rogue named Mailman, with which me and him earned the Warlord title. We were halfway to High Warlord, when real life called me and I had to leave WoW behind to get into University. So we stopped playing and sold the character for 300Euros back then. After two or so years we returned to WoW in TBC, we played casual and just for a bit then and leveled my current Rogue. A year ago, I returned  and I raided the whole of WotLK- I was playing in Rigor Mortis ( 6th ranked on realm PvE guild) I had 10/12 hc down in ICC. I did little PvP then, my highest rating was around 1500, I almost reached 1550. I have always liked comb Rogue Mage Priest, that I have practiced the most, as well as Rogue Priest  and Rogue Mage in 2v2.  I have always played at around 1500, but I am improving. I think RLS is also fun. When it comes to Battlegrounds, it?s a whole another different story - I am really passionate about battlegrounds, remembering all the fun I had and from another point of view the sweat put for that Warlord title in vanilla, really makes me strive and get that again now in Cata. I remember how we played in WSG with a rogue Aspecho, who was High Warlord back then, I remember how they recruited me in their team. I was around the Legionaire title then right, they were a team full of Warlords, I was a replacement for someone, when we played WSG. So they left me alone in our flag room to defend, I was the only defender and everyone were attacking. Back then everyone fighted in the middle and only one druid or warrior came to pick up the flag, so every time he came for the flag I took him down and retrieved our flag. So they were impressed with this and I got to play with them until General, where some of them stopped playing and I ran my own BG group to half over Warlord.
My highest RBG rating for Cata is 1685, however we have been losing around 15 times to teams like Articulo Mortis and worse, so I think you guys at least beat these. I have totally recognized every mistake my team did, and I know what is the answer to success, but there is just not enough people and they are poorly organized, that?s why I turn to a guild like Iron Edge.
Other games I have played ? Hellfire, Diablo2, Starcraft (Brood War).
Games I am looking forward to ? Diablo3; I am sure some of you are also looking forward to this.
However now there we have RBGs. The whole story with rated BGs and the same ranks have pulled me again to play for the win in RBGs.

- Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
- I want to join IE, because the PvP team is very strong, and I am tired of playing with casual people, not enough players to make a group, little children who get parent-owned in the middle of a fight. The worst about them is their motivation and patience, low criticism stability. 80% of the people aren?t even fully enchanted, missing on stuff like proper hit rating, expertise and so on pathetically..
A week ago a friend of mine Bawmord applied to Iron Edge and got accepted so I was talking to him about the possibility if I could join aswell. I expect from IE to be a nice gaming community, I have chosen IE, because it is the best to me known PvP team on Dunemaul. I am looking forward to playing with competent players and at the same time have fun while doing it.
I could bring a versatile player in IE, very active, do whatever I am expected to do. I know how Rated BGs work, I have had a bit of insight from Spinser on the current  Twin Peaks BG tactics for RBGs ( he played in our group with his rogue one night ) =) ty Spinser/Chubaca for that. The old vanilla tactics for flag games were a bit different, and the goals have changed a little bit with the percent increase dmg on flag carriers, so that requires much more speed and accuracy.
Overall I love to use my smoke bomb for taking down enemy FCs or just any kind of Public Enemies  . I think it?s an awesome upgrade for rogues and it?s one of the critical assets of a RBG group to have a good smokebomb in the right moment.
I would like to join IE even if I would be playing RBGs with alts or being a friend rank and be a replacement for main RBG Group. I have been at the high rank and I know what it takes to make it to there.

Last words

-Armory Links:
-Maix, Sub rogue, BS and JC both at 525( lvled from WotLK)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Maix/advanced
-Suppaqt, Fury/Arms/Prot war(main Alt and miner)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Suppaqt/advanced

I know some of you guys might remember another former IE player ? Realone, who is our(with Bawmord) real life acquaintance, but stopped playing around two years ago. We used to play with him from the same net caf? and it was a lot of fun.
These days I dueled Kundrak and had fun talking to him, also I got accepted for a 5v5 team by Revor, who tried my open burst and said it was very good. I <3d that  :)thanking him here :) thanks.
I have put some work in this application, so I hope you like it.
I look forward to hearing your answer and I thank you for reading through my application!  :)
`A man with no skills can be taught, a man with no honor has nothing!` -Kung Fu: Caine
`The things we touch have no permanence. My master would say: there is nothing we can hold onto in this world. Only by letting go can we truly possess what is real.` -Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Li Mu Bai

August 14, 2011, 05:41:37 pm
Reply #1

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
Re: Maix - Subtlety UD Rogue
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »
Awesome app compaired to our usual pvp ones! thanks for setting an example :)
good luck with it.
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

August 14, 2011, 07:25:32 pm
Reply #2

Offline mayx

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:25:32 pm »
Thanks, tho I prepared it in Word and pasting it into the forum I didn't notice the apostrophies appear in ?. Excuse me about this.
`A man with no skills can be taught, a man with no honor has nothing!` -Kung Fu: Caine
`The things we touch have no permanence. My master would say: there is nothing we can hold onto in this world. Only by letting go can we truly possess what is real.` -Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Li Mu Bai

August 14, 2011, 10:08:32 pm
Reply #3

Offline Bawmorda

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »
Maix is a good player and a cool person. He is lacking high arena exp, since he haven't played serious arenas at all imo. Btw good application dude.

Good Luck !

August 14, 2011, 10:25:23 pm
Reply #4

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 10:25:23 pm »
Thanks, tho I prepared it in Word and pasting it into the forum I didn't notice the apostrophies appear in ?. Excuse me about this.

nah not your fault mate, some characters are a bit funny on the forum
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

August 14, 2011, 11:54:37 pm
Reply #5

Offline Evilblaze

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 11:54:37 pm »
Awesome app compaired to our usual pvp ones! thanks for setting an example :)
good luck with it.

/AGREED

Good Luck  ;D

Evil

August 15, 2011, 12:46:21 am
Reply #6

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 12:46:21 am »
Ah I remember that vanilla pvp title grind, some good memories there :)

Nice app, good luck!

August 15, 2011, 12:55:05 am
Reply #7

Offline Cheerycoke

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 12:55:05 am »
good apply! gl
I am a mage

August 15, 2011, 07:47:05 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 07:47:05 pm »
Very nice application!

I'm gonna agree on what Bawmorda had to say. You seem like a great guy, but your experience is low. I completely understand your perspective on PvP, so I don't want to decline you based on that.

I'll have a talk with Delling since you seem to have made some friends in the guild already. See if he's okay with you joining as a friend, for now. Hopefully being in the competitive Iron Edge environment will get you the experience you need to be a reliable member on the A-team.

Being a friend basically means you get all the privileges of normal members, and it'll be  way easier for you to join with any alt rbg teams that I got running right now.

I'll let you know when I discussed it. In the meantime, tell all your friends from Iron Edge to post here and vouch for you! :)
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 15, 2011, 08:05:38 pm
Reply #9

Offline mayx

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 08:05:38 pm »
I am glad you like my application! Thanks everybody!

August 17, 2011, 01:34:33 am
Reply #10

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 01:34:33 am »
Heya!

Thanks for the great application.

I would be more comfortable waiting another week or so, to see how Bawmorda's trial in IE pans out.

Neither Realone or Bawmorda were excellent members of IE, back in the day, so I'd like to make sure that Bawmorda has actually 'matured' a bit before inviting you.

But yes, no problem with you joining, as long as all of the reports about Bawmorda are positive. Let's check again in a few days/a week.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

August 31, 2011, 05:43:55 pm
Reply #11

Offline mayx

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 05:43:55 pm »
Hey guys, it has been more than 10 days now, I know you may have forgotten to check this thread, so I am writing here to remind you that I am still expecting your answer.

I will be glad to join as a friend, and just be a part of the community, do rbgs with the alts and raiders, that's all :) thanks :)

August 31, 2011, 09:23:01 pm
Reply #12

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »
How's Bawmorda doing, anyone? Anyone PVPed or dungeoned with him?

August 31, 2011, 10:59:44 pm
Reply #13

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 10:59:44 pm »
He passed trial two weeks after he got invited, he's very active on most PvP activities I set up and communicates a lot!
Too bad we don't really need paladins all that much in rated battlegrounds though.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 01, 2011, 12:00:25 am
Reply #14

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 12:00:25 am »
Sounds good. Poke an officer for an invite, Maix.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:19:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 0 Users