Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Druid (Tank) - Winkfurd (XR)

May 09, 2024, 10:34:18 pm
Read 241 times

Applicant

Social Application - Druid (Tank) - Winkfurd (XR)
« on: May 09, 2024, 10:34:18 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Winkfurd
Server: Gehennas
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Gehennas/Winkfurd
Class/Spec: Druid (Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Jamie, 29, UK, father of 3
(Applying for Cataclysm)

Class/Spec:

Although I didn't raid very much in the original Cataclysm, I spent most of my casual time playing on a Druid. So, with nostalgia bringing me back that meant that Druid was one of the top choices for me.
I don't actually find the bear rotation particularly fun, but as a tank there's whole lot more than your rotation to think about, but then the great thing about being a bear off tank is that I can go in to cat form at times and have a bit of extra fun with that.

Alts:

The only other character on this realm is an Arms Warrior, however across other realms/faction I also have 2 Paladins, another warrior and a Shaman at level 80, plus a mage at 71.

Professions:

Herbalism and Alchemy (Transmutation Master)

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Never pushed PvP to any meaningful degree in the past, however I have spent atleast some time raiding in almost every expansion, the earlier ones being quite hard to remember exactly, but this is the best my memory can tell me:

TBC: Cleared T4, ZA, maybe a little bit of T5 and then something like 4/9 in BT in pre-patch
Wotlk: Cleared Naxx 25, skipped Ulduar, casual pugs for ToC, casual pugs doing 4/12 in ICC
Cata: Didn't raid T11 or T12, but cleared something like 5/8 in DS H on a bear druid
MoP: Played very casually, can't remember doing any raids when current
WoD: Started raiding again towards the end of BRF and then got Cutting Edge in HFC as a DPS warrior
Legion: Cleared heroic EN in week 1, but then had to take a break due to my 2nd child being born. Played the rest of Legion casually
BfA: Played casually most of the expansion, did some mythic Nya'lotha towards the end
Shadowlands: Started hard with Castle Nathria, getting a world rank 432 kill on the first mythic boss, but burnt out and couldn't keep up with the M+ requirements and had another child on the way, so I stopped playing much after that

Classic Wotlk: Cleared all content as a ret/prot paladin up to 10/12H ICC and then my guild fell apart and I stopped playing for 5-6 months - achievements: The Undying, Cutting Edge: Ulduar, A Tribute to Insanity (10 & 25)

Previous Guilds:

Can't really remember any guilds before WoD when I joined 'Wipe Material' on Defias Brotherhood, and then joined 'Wrath' on Sporeggar.
My Wotlk guild was 'Sylvanas Onlyfans', which started on a fresh realm but then transferred to Nethergarde Keep.

Availability:

My only availability is Monday and Tuesday evenings at this time.

Communication:

I am English born and bred so English won't be a problem. I have discord and I will be listening and vocal.

Computer / Connection:

No connection issues. I only have 50Mb/s download speed, but the connection itself is no problem.
Though my computer isn't top of the range I run WoW with no problems at a good stable FPS
CPU: i7-8700 3.2GHz
GPU: RTX 2060 6GB

Addons/UI:

DBM, Bartender, Details, Plater, WeakAuras (class + raid packs)
https://imgur.com/a/ZAzQQN0
Raid frames would show above my chat in the bottom left

Other Games:

Currently I am also playing WoW SoD, on which I play a mage: https://sod.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/lone-wolf/winkferd
The only other notable game that I go back to occasionally is Oldschool Runescape - fun fact is that I actually met my wife on Runescape when I was about 11, so ~18 years ago.

Why Iron Edge?

Given my limited availability of only Monday/Tuesday evenings, I've been struggling to find a guild to move in to Cataclysm with. But when I saw Hemoroids' post in the server Discord it just seemed to tick all of the boxes for me.
The idea of a super long standing guild just seems wholesome to me and I was happy to find a guild doing 1 night per week on 1 of the nights I could raid, and then when Hemoroids said he does infact need a feral off-tank it just seemed like a perfect match.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am overall a very capable raider, I have always put much more emphasis in raid awareness and understanding than trying to push parses, which I'm recently coming to realise means that a tanking role makes more sense for me than DPS.
Although I don't have much availability to commit to set raid times, I'm likely to spend a lot of time playing and I'm usually more than happy to help anybody if I'm able to do so.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Hemoroids' advertisement in the Gehennas Discord Guild Recruitment

Last Words?

I hope I've answered all of the questions well enough, but of course feel free to ask any further questions you may have
Battle.net: Winkferd#2743

May 10, 2024, 09:24:58 pm
Reply #1

Offline hemoroidtv

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Druid (Tank) - Winkfurd (XR)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 09:24:58 pm »
Hi Jamie

Application accepted as tank position.

Welcome to the team.

Please pm an officer ingame for an invite.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:52:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

90 Guests, 0 Users