Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Tank) - Konglaw

December 05, 2020, 05:20:13 am
Read 2961 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Tank) - Konglaw
« on: December 05, 2020, 05:20:13 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Konglaw
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Konglaw
Class/Spec: Monk (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

i'm Joe,
i'm 40
i live in London

i work in IT

Class/Spec:

i prefer tanking, and i've raided as tank with Paladin, Monk, DK & DH

i just started on Kazzak to play with some RL friends.

i leveled up my Monk First and i play brewmaster
i've also leveled my DH 60 and currently leveling my warlock, i play vengeance and affliction.
my monk is currently 168 and my DH is 155

i'm holding back on crafting any legendaries so that i commit when i know what spec i'm raiding with.

i've capped soul ash both weeks on both Monk and DH

well for Brewmaster in SL it seems like Versatility is the main stats, closely followed by Crit and mastery.
there's little variety in gear for to test anything to confirm but that's what i'm going with currently.

Rotations tend to be more loose for tanks, there's a little bit of rotation and then mostly awareness and reaction.
for Brewmaster, as long as keg smash, Blackout kick and breath of fire are on cooldown that's the basic thing to keep doing, also Rushing jade wind always up if it's talented.

other than that it's reacting or deciding when to save or use celestial brew which is a cool new change to Monks as it's similar to the old Guard they used to have.

then depending on the pull, it's usually good to offload the big cooldowns like touch of death or Niuzao and Covenant ability too now.

i use a combiation of in combat action bars and Weakauras for all my characters.
on all my characters i use weakauras by a streamer called Luxthos (https://wago.io/p/Luxthos)

Alts:

Demon Hunter is at 60
warlock is 55
DK 50

Professions:

as i started new on Kazzak, nothing cool to mention, only a sky golem on one of my alts.

my Monk is herb/inscription
DH is Alch/LW
warlock Enchanter/Skinner
DK Engineer/Miner

Raiding Experience:

vanilla to Wotlk i raided as warlock.
end of Wotlk and Cata i raided as holy priest.
panda and WOD i raided as prot pally and mistweaver Monk

Legion i raided as Vengeance DH and Prot Pally

from end of cata till mid Legion, real life was really busy and i couldn't commit to the most serious raiding schedule. but i still raided as much as possible.

my first commitment to mythic was in BFA and i've done Uldir and BOD.

unfortunately BFA was intolerable and killed my enjoyment of the game so i quit around Mythic Mekkatorque, i think my last mythic kill was either Mekkatorque or Rastakhan

for BFA i raided as Havoc DH

Previous Guilds:

i was in Retro on Silvermoon Alliance

i didn't really leave, i just didn't enjoy the grind and there was a big drive from leadership for people to be on most of the time to grind as much AP as possible, and that felt like a job. so i stepped out and quit the game back then, i think around may 2019

obviously staying off for that long i was removed from the raid roster and then the guild.

being excited for shadowlands especially after the delay and the fixes they made, i found out that some of my RL friends are also coming back so i moved to Kazzak to play with them and since i liked the xpac and i feel optimistic about it not being a chore like BFA, and the fact that i like most of the class changes for the ones i play i felt i should get back to raiding.

i know if i don't play the end game i'll feel like all my effort is for nothing if i'm not being challenged by the hardest encounters in the game.

So, i want to do Mythic raids and M+ keys!

Availability:

i work in IT and i work from home since the beginning of the lockdown, i work from 9 to 6 UK Time.

i'm at my computer most of the day anyway.

no shifts, exams or holidays.

Communication:

yes.
i'm always on Discord, i have a mic and a headset.

i don't mind using Teamspeak if that's what you guys use.

Computer / Connection:

i have a good computer.
i have no FPS issues.

i have fiber connection to home 250mbps up and down.
my ping to kazzak is 6ms

only lag and disconnect at expansion launches!

Addons/UI:

wow this is complicated!

i use quite a bunch of addons, i spend loads of time customizing my UI or tweaking it per class/spec/encounter

the main raiding addons i use are:
bigwigs
weakauras
elvui
Exorsus Raid Tools
Details

i use a logitech g600 mouse so all the buttons i need to press are on the mouse. i only use 1 2 3 4 5 on the keyboard, the rest of my keybinds are all on the mouse.

this ia screenshot from Mythic Opulence

https://imgur.com/7fbJbtz

Other Games:

many.

played a lot of  Warzone during summer.

i have a PS4 and i play sony exclusives on it.

recently ghost of tsushima and the FF7 remake.

Why Iron Edge?

i was looking for a mature guild with good progression and a 2 day raid schedule.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

a stable genius!! sorry had to say it, Trump has left us all with so many memes!

well, i can surely offer positive attitude, can take wipe nights, no negative energy or rage quitting.

i would say mature, but in my case that just means old :(

also someone who's online often, helpful, happy to do M+ anytime during the week, pushing keys etc.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wow-progress

Last Words?

i'm not good with one way writing so i'm not sure there's more to say at this t ime

i'm sure there's more to say. happy to discuss more or answer specific questions if we go further.

thanks for reading all that :)

December 06, 2020, 12:53:41 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Tank) - Konglaw
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 12:53:41 pm »
Hi Joe,
Thanks for applying. Unfortunately we won't be able to offer you a spot in the raid team at this time. Looking at what you have to offer, i'm sure you won't have a problem finding a guild.
Best of luck on your search!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 06:14:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

85 Guests, 0 Users