Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Shifthoof - Resto Druid - A Raid

August 23, 2009, 01:41:04 pm
Read 7760 times

Offline Shifthoof

• Vendor Trash

Shifthoof - Resto Druid - A Raid
« on: August 23, 2009, 01:41:04 pm »
Personal Information

Greetings from Bloodhoof Village, I'm Shifthoof, lvl 80 Tauren Druid. When I'm not  healing I like to spend my time smoking Peacebloom and worshipping Cenarius. In real life my name is Oli, I'm 27 and hail from England.

Character Information

I'm a 14/0/57 spec'd resto druid gemmed and enchanted for maximum spellpower. By trade I'm a maximum skill Elixir Master and Leatherworker along with my Cooking and Fishing. At weekends I like to let my hair down and dualspec to 0/55/16 feral dps to quest and grind.

I'm currently logged out in full PvE Resto gear - * Armory *

Raiding

I have played on Dunemaul for 4 years. My my raiding experiences  include upto Twin Emps in Vanilla, Illidan and Archimonde in The Burning Crusade and Yogg-Saron25 in Wrath of the Lich King.

My last guild was Equilibrium. I joined them at the back end of TBC after a reroll from a Holy Paladin/Shadowpriest. My raid attendance with EQ are as follows: EoE(91%), Naxx25(100%), OS25(100%), VoA(90%), Uld25(95%), TotC25(100%). Sadly EQ have had some major issues with officers leaving and then a slow gentle trickle of Hardcore(70%+ attend) and members slowly leaving to pastures new.

More specific times

Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Sun: Available from 19.00 Server
Fri/Sat: More than likely I can raid but I do value my weekends as a chillout time

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

My first experience of Online gaming came in the form of Counter-Strike 1.5 - I joined a clan and slowly got into blowing people's faces off with my Deagle. After about a year playing a couple of my clanmates started playing WoW. After mocking them somewhat at them quitting CS, I gave in and joined them here on Dunemaul.

I created my account on the 8th July 2005 and created a stupid cow looking thing to join my friends. Levelling my warrior was hell. I had no clue what I was doing, no clue where I was going and levelled alot of the time with a sword and shield. At about level 25ish a friend from my CS clan came as stayed with me, he made a character on my account and after he decided to join me on WoW also. We somehow ended up getting invited to Fearsome War Engine, got to 60 and started raiding with them.

Pre TBC, I joined In Flames and we progressed and got Vashj down and I desperately needed a break despite us trying on Kael. After being dropped from raids, I decided to retire my warrior and just play a little casually but I couldn't <.<

I joined a guild called Blacklight on my Ret Paladin, they were just starting to think about raiding Magtheridon, after a short while because of my knowledge of the content I was made officer and eventually Guild Master. We were a pretty small guild really and tbh, they were more of a fun guild. Through the wishes of the officers I helped them Clear TK and SSC and pushed them a little more raiding minded.. We managed to kill Morogrim with 5 healers and Karathress on our 2nd ever attempt but we never downed Vashj or Kael :( After a longterm shortage of healers ( I'd gone holy already) the guild folded.

Soon after I joined Resolute, joined up with a few old faces from FwE days. They were at exactly the same progress as Blacklight, BL has actually caught up with them quite rapdily. We nailed Vashj and Kael and proceeded into Black Temple. I was made healing officer and then the same old issues hit Resolute, lack of healers but we managed to get to RoS and had cleared 4/5 in Mount Hyjal. Fustration hit me and I started saying things I shouldn't, people got annoyed and after I stepped down as officer I was promptly kicked by an officer with a bit of a grudge.

I took a few weeks break, casually levelled my druid and applied to Equilibrium for a raider spot in the upcoming expansion Wrath of the Lich King. Again, I knew a couple of faces from Blacklight in Eq and I fitted in just fine. Never had an trouble in Eq dispite my gkick from Resolute. Officership just doesn't suit me. I'm not a sheep by any means, I have my opinions but as a member I can keep them in check more :)

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
After leaving Eq yesterday, I really had no clue as to what I would do with my time in wow. I play WoW to raid, to kill bosses and to see the content. Then Shiftey whispered me and asked me if I wanted a guild. I was really disappointed we never went for more hardmodes in Eq and that's where the challenge is. That's what I want to join Iron Edge for.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
For the first weeks of my trial I can offer you a dedicated raider that does what he's told. I'm a private person by nature, so I'll come across as a little quiet but I'll come out of my shell when I'm at ease with my surrounding guildmates. After that, I offer a dedicated raider with a good sense of humour, some may say twisted sense of humour  ::)

Last words?
Thanks for reading first of all, I'm looking forward to the hell in guild chat and raids with Shiftey and Shifthoof  if I'm accepted :D

Look forward to your decision.

Regards
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 01:43:57 pm by Shifthoof »

August 23, 2009, 01:51:35 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shiftey

• Guild Member

• My Facebook page
Re: Shifthoof - Resto Druid - A Raid
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 01:51:35 pm »
Great apply, just as I expected from you, I'll wait for others to put their opinions forth, but looks good :)

Also this:

I have my opinions but as a member I can keep them in check more

I tend to have my opinions too, but I am officer and tend to push them forward and hit the wall afterwards :D

Oh and for trial, get this little handy addon

http://www.wow-mods.org/download/2009-05/574.htm
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:00:01 pm by Shiftey »

August 23, 2009, 02:25:17 pm
Reply #2

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:25:17 pm »
Bloody good application.

Good luck!

August 23, 2009, 02:36:38 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 02:36:38 pm »
Nice application matey!

Would be nice to have another UKer around these parts.

It seems 2009 is the Year of the Brit... hooray!
Now I run a tech website.

August 23, 2009, 02:39:57 pm
Reply #4

Offline cobratix

• Former Member

• pokerface

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 02:39:57 pm »
very nice apply mate and gl with it :) 

gajaja: "Ja kad sam se ranije alkoholisao uvek sam sa sobom nosio otvarach za konzerve?"
Are you on crack?
emo (//_-)

August 23, 2009, 05:23:44 pm
Reply #5

Offline Shifthoof

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 05:23:44 pm »
Thanks for the encouraging words, I've downloaded said mod Shiftey.

Waiting patiently  :D

Regards.

August 23, 2009, 06:32:18 pm
Reply #6

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 06:32:18 pm »
Seems like a real nice chap, and can never have too many Brits!

Gl on your app mate

August 24, 2009, 10:54:11 am
Reply #7

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 10:54:11 am »
Great appl.

Just got one concern, it will be the 5th Druid, the 3th Resto Druid.
Right now we already have the 2nd Resto Druid being a shifter to owl / tree 896739763 a night. All 4 Druids have 80-90% attendance? Can you fit in 5th or will he be side-lined and fill in the gaps.

Or will he be Feral and replace Shalala?

Just some concerns.
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

August 24, 2009, 12:57:18 pm
Reply #8

Offline Dookie

• Guild Member

• public static void main

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 12:57:18 pm »
They recruit druids to get rid of you kendo, start looking for a new guild.

August 24, 2009, 01:23:28 pm
Reply #9

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 01:23:28 pm »
Always handy to know in advance, thanks Dookie!
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

August 24, 2009, 02:17:49 pm
Reply #10

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 02:17:49 pm »
They recruit druids to get rid of you kendo, start looking for a new guild.

NOoooooo

August 24, 2009, 02:23:58 pm
Reply #11

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 02:23:58 pm »
I read Shithoof..

August 24, 2009, 02:39:15 pm
Reply #12

Offline Fuzion

• Guild Member

• Paper Bender
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 02:39:15 pm »
I read Shithoof..

More like Shifteyhoof.. eep.
Check my Tumblr.

August 24, 2009, 02:47:49 pm
Reply #13

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 02:47:49 pm »
Fuzion has spoken! u have been warned mortals!

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

August 24, 2009, 03:35:16 pm
Reply #14

Offline Shiftey

• Guild Member

• My Facebook page
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 03:35:16 pm »
Kendoki, you need to log more often :P Shalalala is ze gone!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:20:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

49 Guests, 0 Users