Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Xévrélia

August 13, 2015, 09:41:00 pm
Read 6399 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Xévrélia
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:41:00 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Xévrélia
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/X%C3%A9vr%C3%A9lia/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Melanie, 22 years old and I am living in Switzerland. I finished this summer my college (Business school) and I am unemployed at the moment.

Class/Spec:

At the moment I am playing Frost DW and UH. So I am applying for both specs. I can play them perfectly and they are kinda my main spec.

Frost offers better prio target burst compared to UH, so I tend to play it more.

The Ilvl of both my Frost and UH gear is 711.

TALENTS:
Level 100 talent choice:
Necrotic Plague - Offers the most reliable dps in heavy movement/aoe fights.(Max dps at 15 stacks).
Defile - Best on single target with the "Empty Drinking Horn" when playing Frost. Since the Fel Burn dot applied by the "Empty Drinking Horn" procs with Defile and allows faster stacking. (It sadly doesn't proc with Necrotic Plague).
IF the target stands still in it for the most duration of it, requires a near perfect usage/positioning to outdps Necrotic Plague and is such not always preferred.
Breath of Sindragosa - Offers high burst, requires Runic Power pooling and AMS soaking/Blood elf racial to get the most out of it. This is best for UH ST combined with the legendary ring.

Level 100 Talent with level 56 Talent (combination):
Boss that's not moving and requires single target dps: Plague Leech + Defile (best combination for Frost with the "Empty Drinking Horn").
Boss that's moving a lot and possibly requires aoe: Unholy Blight + Necrotic Plague (best combination for UH).
Plague Leech + Necrotic Plague (a good combination for some bosses with adds in Hellfire Citadel as DW Frost).

Boss that requires sudden burst: Plague Leech + Breath of Sindragosa (not effective for DW frost due to how it works)

Level 57 (UH and Frost):
Lichborne - it's more a PvP Talent
Anti-Magic Zone - Is a CD of 2 min. it reduces the magic damage taken by 20%. (useful if we have to stack as a group and a lot of magic damage is going on).
Purgatory - It prevents me from dying for 3 seconds. (useful for every Boss).

If no raid CD is needed to lower the magic damage then I use Purgatory.

Level 58 (UH and Frost):
Death's Advance - Speed boost (increase 10% movement passive, and it increase 30% on use)
Chilblains - This talent allows me to decrease the movement of the enemies by 50%, if they have the Frost Fever dot on.
Asphyxiate - Allows me to stun the target for 5 seconds.

Most of the time I use Death's Advance unless I have to stun a target.

Level 60:
Blood Tap - If I reach 5 Blood Tap stack u use it and I will get 1 death rune.
Runic Empowerment - Is a passive talent which refreshes 1 random depleted rune.
Runic Corruption - Is a passive talent. It increases the rune generation by 100% for 3 seconds if it procs.

As UH I use Blood Tap because its best to deal with.
As Frost I use Runic Corruption

Level 75:
Death Pact - It heals me instantly 50% of my maximum health.
Death Siphon - This ability deals a small amount of damage to the target and it heals me for 400% of the damage done.
Conversion - This talent is not a good choice compare to the other talents. This is more like a DPS decrease since it cost me 15 runic power (as frost dps) and 20 runic power (as UH) per second. It heals only for 2% of my maximum health per second.

My first choice will always be Death Pact, because it heals for the biggest amount of my health and I can use it any time.

Level 90:
Gorefiend's Grasp - This talent allows me to massgrip all enemies within 20 yards to the location of my target.
Remorseless Winter - This talent allows me to freeze all enemies within 8 yards, their movement will be decreased by 15% per stack and the targets will be stunned for 6 seconds when they reach 5 stacks.
Desecrated Ground - This talent is more used in PvP since it makes you immune to roots, snares, and effects that cause loss of control of your character.

If adds needs to be Massgripped I use the talent massgrip, if the adds needs to be AOE stunned I use Remorseless Winter.

GLYPHS:
UH Major:
Glyph of Regenerative Magic - This glyph allows to reduce the CD up to 50% depends on the damage absorbed.
Glyph of Raise Ally - By using this glyph the battle ress will become free (no costs).
Glyph of Blood Boil - This glyph is the best by movement with a lots of adds and it increases the yard of Blood Boil by 5.

UH Minor:
Glyph of Tranquil Grip - This glyph allows to not taunt the target any longer by using death grip. Makes the tank happy =D
Glyph of Army of the Dead - This glyph removes the taunt ability of my Army of Death.
Glyph of Path of Frost - It reduces the damage taken when falling down when the ability is on.

Frost DW Major:
Glyph of Regenerative Magic - (same as UH)
Glyph of Raise Ally - (same as UH)
Glyph of Blood Boil - This glyph helps to spread out my dots (Frost Fever + Blood Plague).

Frost DW Minor:
Glyph of Tranquil Grip -  (same as UH)
Glyph of Army of the Dead - (same as UH)
Glyph of Path of Frost - (same as UH)

PREPARE BEFORE PULL:
UH DPS opener (when playing with Necrotic Plague):
Army of the Death 6 second (but literally death, worst. offensive. CD. ever.).
Pre-pot at 1 second (For the Potion I’m using Draenic Strength Potion. It gives for 25 seconds 1'000 strength.).
Death's advance (speed boost) unless I need to use another talent like Asphyxiate (stun).
Gargoyle at pull (+Maiden's trinket if you have it).
Unholy Blight at pull (Applies Necrotic Plague stacks faster).
Outbreak at pull (Adds 1 extra stack of Necrotic Plague).

Frost DPS opener:
Army of the Death 6 second (same as UH).
Pre-pot at 1 second (same as UH).
Death's advance (same as UH).
Outbreak at pull (apply dots Frost Fever and Blood Plague).

ROTATION:
UH DPS (when playing with Necrotic Plague):
Keep Necrotic Plague going with Festering Strike until Unholy Blight is back of CD, after this let it run out.
Weave in Scourge Strikes (since it does more damage than Festering Strike).
Reapply dots with Unholy Blight+Outbreak to get Necrotic plague going again.
Get ghoul to dark transformed asap (especially with DK tier 18 set bonus - increases pet damage).
Since the buff from the tier 18 also applies to our gargoyle we first want to transform our ghoul and then our gargoyle for max damage output.
Soul reaper (execute below 45%).
Use Blood Tap stacks when needed to refresh runes.
Using Festering Strike also turns runes into Death runes which can be used for any other type of rune. So it's advised to go Festering Strike > Scourge Strike > Festering Strike > Scourge Strike to fast get 4 Death runes up after pull.
For aoe we try to get 4 Death runes up and spam Blood Boil (also spreads dots since the WoD ability-pruning).
If we have more than three targets then we will use Death and Decay.
Army of the Death is only used pre-pull, seeing it got nerfed big time compared to pre-WoD. Using it mid-fight is a waste of runes and a dps loss.

Frost DW DPS:
I use Pillar of Frost on CD, this is the big damage cooldown for Frost. This increases strenght by 20%.
I apply the Frost Fever dot with Howling Blast and the Blood Plague dot with Plague Strike.
Unless I'm using the talent Necrotic Plague then I just apply the dot with Howling Blast most of the time if I have runes for it, else the dots will just be applied with Outbreak instead.
When I have Rime proc up then I use it on Howling Blast as soon as possible.
When I have the Killing Machine proc up then I use it on Frost Strike.
When we have 2 unholy runes up and 1 frost rune we want to use Obliterate to get rime proc for howling blast.
Plague Leech will be used on CD as well to keep the rotation flowing.

The most important part of DW Frost is using procs right and as soon as possible. We don't want to waste them.

The tier 18 4set bonus gives us 65% chance to not consume our Killing Machine proc. Because of this we should try to get as much Runic Power as possible before spamming Frost Strike as long as the KM proc is still up.

STAT PRIORITY:
UH: ST: Str. > Multistrike > Critical Strike > Versatility > Mastery > Haste  
UH: AOE: Str. > Multistrike > Mastery > Versatility > Critical Strike > Haste

Frost: ST: Str. > Mastery > Haste > Versatility > Multistrike > Critical Strike
Frost: AoE: Str. > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Critical Strike

FOOD, FLASKS AND RUNE:
UH:
Greater Draenic Strength Flask is the flask which I use. It gives 250 strength for 1 hour.
Salty Squid Roll Food which gives 125 Multistrike
I use during progress Stout Augment Rune

Frost DW:
Greater Draenic Strength Flask is the flask which I use. It gives 250 strength for 1 hour.
Sleeper Sushi Food which gives 125 Mastery
Stout Augment Rune (same as UH)

Alts:

Frost DW DK Ilvl 692 (my awesome second DK =D):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Z%C3%A1r%C3%A0/advanced

Balance Druid Ilvl 691:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Emer%C3%A0ld/advanced

Professions:

I got the professions Engineering and Blacksmithing. I chose these professions back during Mists of Pandaria.

Engineering
Because of Engineering I got my speedboost which is really helpful during raids and especially as DK since we got only 1 speedboost which sadly is a talent we need to spec in.

Blacksmithing
I have chosen Blacksmithing back then because of the 2 extra socket in the wrists and hands.

Since WoD the professions are not that important anymore when it comes to raiding since they removed the bonusses gained from it.

If it changes in the new expansion Legion then I will keep it unless there is a better profession for raiding.

Raiding Experience:

ToES, HoF, ToT and SoO normal I have done ToES in HC and SoO 14/14HC before the patch 6.0.2.

I just wanted to mention that I started to play pve more serious at the start of SoO.

In the current content WoD I have cleared:

HM Heroic 7/7 Bosses
HM Mythic 7/7 Bosses

BRF Heroic 10/10 Bosses
BRF Mythic 8/10 Bosses

HFC Heroic 13/13 Bosses
HFC Mythic 1/13 Bosses

Previous Guilds:

I was in the guild Intent-Kazzak. I left because they lost a lot of players and they went only for Wendnesday Heroic raids. Since I didnt want to sit still and wait on Mythic progress I decided to look for another guild.

But the main reason was that the atmosphere was not the same anymore as at the start or it used to be.

Availability:

I am unemployed anyway at the moment and because of this I have a lot of free time. But if I have a job then I make time for raiding since 19 other people do the same for me.

Communication:

Yes, I have both TeamSpeak and a working microphone so speaking is not a problem for me.

Computer / Connection:

i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX970
Windows 8.1

No problems at all to run the game with this machine. Internet connection is also very stable and ping is low on Kazzak.

Addons/UI:

STANDARD ADDONS:
BigWigs
ElvUI
WeakAuras2
Skada
Angry Assignments
Exorcus Raid Tools

SPECIAL ADDONS:
Iskar Assist

SCREENSHOT:
UH UI:
http://imgur.com/uX7BsER

Frost UI:
http://imgur.com/RtzlhTv

I am left handed so do not wonder :)

Other Games:

I am playing only wow at the moment. In the past I used to play Diablo, Dota2 and other funny games on Steam with my sister.

Why Iron Edge?

Your guild exist for a long time and it seems like stable since I am looking for a home which I can stay for a long time.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer you a top motivated player which is friendly and loves to raid and progress. I dont mind to wipe since you can learn from a wipe and move closer to a kill. It is part of the process to down a boss.
I love to stay longer if we are close to kill a progress boss.
I am a social person and I love to help you guys where I can.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I heard about you on wowprogress.

Last Words?

I am applying together with my DK friend Shagoroth (application will follow).
DK MASTER RACE!=D

Thank you for taking time to read my application and I hope you enjoyed it :)

August 14, 2015, 03:13:52 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Xévrélia
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:13:52 am »
Hi there!

Very nice application, you are describing almost all qualities that we look for here in a raider, particularly loyalty and sticking around for a long time. Especially since we're looking for people that are willing to go all the way to clearing mythic instances.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:27:36 am by Rashkebab »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 14, 2015, 08:12:44 am
Reply #2

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:12:44 am »
I see (And you mentioned it too) you are applying with a friend, what happens if we can only keep one of you cos we have too many melee? or one of you is not up to snuff?

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

August 14, 2015, 09:03:28 am
Reply #3

footmunch

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:03:28 am »
I see (And you mentioned it too) you are applying with a friend, what happens if we can only keep one of you cos we have too many melee? or one of you is not up to snuff?

it prob depends on what sorta "friends" they are

August 14, 2015, 03:21:50 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xévrélia

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 03:21:50 pm »
Thank you for the reply.

First of all I have spend a whole day to make my application perfect.

Second "copy paste"? You expect ppl to not "rush" an application and now I wrote by myself an aplication which even ppl who has no clue about DK could understand it then I dont know what I did wrong. And for your info Icy-Veins is one of the worst websites when it comes to reading up about DK stuff.

Third I cannot change the playstyle of a DK since this is the same to all DK out there. So expect all DK applications to be somewhat similar.

About getting a spot it wont be a problem. I will anyway put all my effort in to get a spot.

Xév

August 14, 2015, 06:09:06 pm
Reply #5

Offline Xévrélia

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »
I stick with shagoroths opinion.

Vajeta you have a big problem with your self and you attitude is = 0.

xev

August 14, 2015, 06:13:31 pm
Reply #6

Offline Drayne

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 06:13:31 pm »
Vejeta you should really know when to shut your mouth, you are not an officer and it's not your job, to pressure the applicants like this. I think we lost 2 really good applicants because of your big mouth.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:50:30 pm by Drayne »

August 14, 2015, 06:25:19 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 06:25:19 pm »
I've responded to this "situation" here. I hope this will make you reconsider your decision to withdraw your application.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 17, 2015, 12:32:29 am
Reply #8

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 12:32:29 am »
Hello Xévrélia,

should you still be interested, I replied to both your applications over here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:54:40 am by Phoenixflame »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:35:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 0 Users