Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Dynamica (XR)

January 29, 2020, 01:25:05 pm
Read 3124 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Dynamica (XR)
« on: January 29, 2020, 01:25:05 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Dynamica
Server: Twisting-Nether
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Twisting-Nether/Dynamica
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Petorslav and I'm Bulgarian. I'm 25 years old and I work as a developer. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have as I'm not sure what to include.

Class/Spec:

I enjoy Fury mostly but I also swap to Prot for M+ because it was really hard to get into groups when I started back up again in 8.2 with no M+ experience as a DPS. Both are over 450 at the moment.

Currently Raidbots (Simulationcraft) is pretty much a religion for DPS. I go for the best stats depending on my gear which is mostly found out through Raidbots by simming my character. Currently Haste + Crit are the main stats I have and I need to start stacking Mastery at this point.
Fury as a spec is currently centered around building up rage to maximize use of Rampage, the main damage ability of the Fury specialization.

Alts:

My most relevant alt is my Warlock who is at 430 ilvl at the moment and in the process of picking up all essence I need to raid with it. Other max level alts are Monk, Mage and Druid. I might get a few more up again.

Professions:

I had JC since WotLK and had pretty much every recipe but as time went by and professions became increasingly useless, the final straw was when I could craft an RNG finger for 200k a pop back in 8.2 - no thank you. So I swapped to Alchemy to make pots and flasks and I'll probably carry it over in 9.0 to make as much money at the start as possible.

2nd profession is currently Mining with pretty much everything except 1 smelt recipe which was I think Khorium related? I don't remember but I"ll be dropping it for Herbalism as 9.0 arrives.

Raiding Experience:

I started playing the game in WotLK. There, I raided during the entirety of the expansion. Cleared a big chunk while it was current, but not everything.

Naxx - 10/25
Ulduar 10/25 + 1 light on 10-man for the mount
ToC 10/25H - 4/5
ICC - 10/25H - 11/12

In Cataclysm I didn't play throughout the entire expansion. I raided through the first tier and did full normal 10/25 of BoT, BwD and To4W and I don't remember if I did any heroic bosses. In Firelands I cleared 6/7 HC, quit at the start of DS as it was incredibly boring for me.

MoP I missed raiding entirely, except for LFR where I got my cloak due to RL issues.

WoD - 8/10 BrF, and CE on Archi and Imperator
Legion - CE Xavius (like everyone who played Legion) and Helya. I stopped playing after that for a while. Did some HC raids but I don't think I did mythic.
BfA - skipped first two tiers because guild had disbanded and played a little M+ with my friends who also quit at one point. Shortly after they quit I took a break as well and came back just before 8.2 dropped. I got 7/8 in EP and I did 12/12 HC in Nya on Sunday.

Previous Guilds:

The most notable guild I was in was Nemetos Order on Sylvanas, Alliance side who I spent WoD and Legion with until the guild disbanded at the end of Legion
After that I joined Drunken Brawl on Kazzak in 8.2 but the guild disbanded after Ashvane due to lack of people. I was then invited to join Syn on Twisting Nether. We cleared heroic and after talking to the RL and GM
we decided it was best I leave as we had 5 Warriors who also came in with other people. I've been thinking about going back to Kazzak as most of my alts are there but I decided to apply on this server first, before transferring again.
I've always joined guilds with the idea of clearing content. I don't have specific requirements about the guild environment. I just like a place I can have fun in and no drama.

Availability:

Nothing upcoming, pretty much always available. I work as a developer so I'm usually home by 18:30 server time at the latest and am free on the weekend.

Communication:

I am fluent in English. I do not currently have TS3 but I'll install it if accepted (or requested to for an interview). I use mainly discord for a voice program. I can listen and speak, yes.

Computer / Connection:

I have a decent computer and a stable connection. One positive in living in Bulgaria is good internet. My ping is between 30 and 40 for each (home and world). I don't lag and I don't disconnect. I do currently have a problem with my first-time log in when I start the game where I disconnect shortly after logging in once. It's super weird and I have no clue what causes it. I'm pretty sure it's something within the game as it never happens again afterwards. I haven't disconnected in a raid in years, probably.

Addons/UI:

-BigWigs
-LittleWigs
-Details
-Exorsus Raid Tools
-PitBull 4.0 - Beter overview of the raid, target, tot, bosses and party helps me better process information
-Angry Keystones
-Weakauras
-Plater nameplates - helps me track things such as casts and debufs over the nameplates and looks better than the default ones with better information overall as it's highly customizable
-SimulationCraft

UI: https://imgur.com/QXXTdrD

Other Games:

Fortnite as a more played game but I'm currently progressing Doom from time to time, playing Anno 1800, enjoyed the DS series, Sekiro, Cuphead - lots of stuff, honestly. I am focusing on WoW at the moment since there's lots of stuff to do and rarely play other games at this point in time.

Why Iron Edge?

To clear CE content in a timely manner.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Punctuality, drive, strong mechanical and team play

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

Thank you for taking the time to read and review my application.

January 31, 2020, 05:51:03 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Dynamica (XR)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 05:51:03 pm »
Hey there Petorslav!
I like the app. Only thing I don't like is the history. You don't seem to be the most reliable when it comes to long-term commitment to a raid tier or expansion. What makes this tier any different and what can you do to convince us that you're willing to commit to the guild and game?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:44:37 pm by Shimmar »

February 06, 2020, 08:12:24 am
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Dynamica (XR)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:12:24 am »
No response from applicant

Declined

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:20:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

44 Guests, 0 Users