Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Cinn, mage appl B-team

January 23, 2010, 04:47:12 pm
Read 12652 times

Offline Cinn

• Former Member

Cinn, mage appl B-team
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:47:12 pm »
note in advance: i just took over the layout in the sticky on these forums, if any additional information is needed now, you can send me an ingame mail to 'Cinn', email me @ j.nicola@gmail.com or PM me on Xfire, username: LCJ

Personal Information

Ingame known as 'Cinn', outgame known as 'Joël' a 20 years old dutch International Business and Managment student at the University of Groningen. On Dunemaul probably mostly known for my PVP activities, starting already some time ago, mid season2 or my activities as Officer in Red Sun Rising, starting around the WOLK launch. My personal interests include Competitive Gaming/Animes/TV Shows/Music (rock, deathcore, dubstep, reggae, ska, hiphop), Art and just chilling with friends

Character Information

My gear, though possibly PVP geared currently on armory, can be found here
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Cinn

incase armory shows my pvp gear, my selfbuffed (MA/AI) stats ingame(Arc PVE specced) are:

Bonusdamage: 2743
Hit rating: 317
Crit chance:31,56%
Haste Rating: 681

Apart from my trinkets and my ilvl232 tier9(2) pieces my entire offset is >ilvl245

My raid experience in TBC is KZ/SSC/ZA/GL/First 2 bosses Hyjal
My Raid experience in WOTLK is Naxx/Ulduar/ToC/ICC (up to Rotface)

Raiding

I was told the B-team raids every monday and tuesday nights, this fits my schedule perfectly. On friday nights and in the weekends I usually have some RL stuff i attend to, other than these days (eventhough these are variable) i can raid every day, till any time.

More specific times:

the only nights im away are friday and saturday night, friday starting around 22-23o clock (servertime), same on saturday. Where I'm often out with friends

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

My gaming history starts somewhere in 2004 where a friend of mine introduced me to Medal Of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead. We started a clan and after playing the game for some years we became the #1 clan, topping the ladders @ www.clanbase.com and becoming second in a cup (my 2nd clan became first). On the release of Call Of Duty 2 we moved to CoD2, where we played for some time, participating in Night Cups and getting a sponsor deal off.

In the meanwhile i started leveling my mage Cinn, which took me some months, i started at the beginning of TBC, upon hitting 70 i joined Red Sun Rising, the guild of my friend Novatix (/noovaa) and started raiding KZ with them, to soon after be there with our first Gruul kill. I entered various arena teams and got to 1999 with 3 teams in 2v2 (yes, I never hit 2k in TBC). Between all this I still participated quite actively in FPS games, where my clan soon took the move to CoD4, due to some RL things (inc my then gf) i decided it was absorbing too much time, after which i stepped out of my clan. Which ironically soon after my leave won 5000 euros on a LAN.

Between all this i participated in most important 25 raids held by Red Sun Rising, where our biggest dificulty has always been keeping the talent in the guild and not seeing them get recruited by the bigger guilds on the realm. We managed to do this untill BT got introduced, where we simply lacked the consistency to clear BT/get some progress there.

Unfortunately WOTLK held a simular problem, where eventhough we managed to keep on track with Naxx, we didnt manage to keep on clearing the current content. We then moved to a 10 man guild, where up to the end of Ulduar we were clearing hard modes on a weekly basis with 2 raid teams. These members however got fed up with 10 mans rather quickly and moved to Ravenous/IE/RM/So What in order to raid 25 man content. It basically led to the guild falling apart.

Then followed a pretty long time of pugging the easy 10 man content of ToC, followed up by leading a PUG for ICC10 along with Draggi, clearing the content starting the first week.

Between these times my 3v3 with Smarties and Draggi pushed for Gladiator as Shadowshatter, where we topped 2.5k but didnt manage to get to the desired 2585 to make the cuttoff. (and my 2420 Glad ranked 2v2 with Draggi didnt reward the title anymore this season

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
Iron Edge through out the years has been a quality stamp, and probably is one of the most consistent guilds on Dunemaul. I'd like to clear some 25 content and am willing to wipe entire nights to see this happenb.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I can offer IE probably one of the best PVP mages on dunemaul(one of the highest rated anyway), a consistent skilled raider, aosical guy that actually knows how to play and loves to lol around.
As a mage im known for being helpful to other members, helping them with the ideal speccing/gemming PVE and PVPwise (i am aware my current spec isnt ideal for 25s, i am willing to respec this) and an active community member possessing the legendary forum spamming ability, granted to me by years of practice on the RSR forums.

Last words?
for some reason sounds as if i'm about the die

Ya little light niggas couldn't feed my shadows

January 23, 2010, 06:55:50 pm
Reply #1

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

Re: Cinn, mage appl B-team
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:55:50 pm »
AWESOME GUY I DEFINATELY WOULDN'T MIND SHARING A GUILD-TAG WITH. Helpful, social and funny, what more can you ask?
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

January 23, 2010, 07:22:54 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 07:22:54 pm »
y plz.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

January 23, 2010, 11:47:28 pm
Reply #3

Offline Superchan

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:47:28 pm »
AWESOME GUY I DEFINATELY WOULDN'T MIND SHARING A GUILD-TAG WITH. Helpful, social and funny, what more can you ask?
this

January 24, 2010, 12:08:07 am
Reply #4

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:08:07 am »
y plz.
this

This is all extremely dodgey...

I suspect that he's an awesome PVP'er and probably a shit PVE'er, based on the fact that all the PVP tards have suddenly woken up and swiftly thrown in gleaming recommendations for him.

Besides, fact alone that Nach has said something nice about an application, clearly means he's a plant.

Care to prove me wrong?

January 24, 2010, 12:17:10 am
Reply #5

Offline Superchan

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:17:10 am »
Or maybe he's just a really cool guy that would fit well into the community :P

I can't comment on how good he is in pve, but if he's half as good as he is in pvp, then he's twice as good as anyone in our raid. Judging by his app though, he seems like he knows what he's doing. I think he deserves a shot. We need another good mage :)

January 24, 2010, 12:25:29 am
Reply #6

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:25:29 am »

January 24, 2010, 12:41:00 am
Reply #7

Kilizion

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 12:41:00 am »
I can't comment on how good he is in pve, but if he's half as good as he is in pvp, then he's twice as good as anyone in our raid.

OVERKILL!

Anyway nice app, seems like you put a lot of effort into it.

You mentioned your spec not being ideal for 25's and being flexible to change it, just wondering can you do competitive dps as fire, since I think I heard we 'need' some crit buff or whatever in the raid (doesn't really matter tbh i'm just curious). Anyway if you're half or even a quarter as good as these pvp guys say you are you'd be an asset to the raid.

Good luck mate!

January 24, 2010, 01:15:53 am
Reply #8

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 01:15:53 am »

You mentioned your spec not being ideal for 25's and being flexible to change it, just wondering can you do competitive dps as fire, since I think I heard we 'need' some crit buff or whatever in the raid (doesn't really matter tbh i'm just curious).

Kilizion we dont need 5% crit, Warlocks use shadowbolt for that.
Fire is shit in PVE, Arcane is way better and flexible in ICC at the moment.

We need a good mage

Fuck off, both of you -.-...
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

January 24, 2010, 01:26:21 am
Reply #9

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 01:26:21 am »
:( Keep up Shann, I edited Super's post..!

January 24, 2010, 02:04:22 am
Reply #10

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 02:04:22 am »
lawl, doesnt say you edited it, ah well :p

Application looks good, gearwise you're ready for ICC25 and you got the correct arcane spec too, my spec is just a bit different but that's more personal liking.
I suggest replacing your PVP items. Sure high spellpower is nice but crit/haste stuff is awesome. Imo you should craft Bejeweled Wizard Bracers also, they don't cost much these days.
Get a new trinket also, that TOC trinket is pretty crappy :p Eye of broodmother/Muradin's spyglass/nevermelting ice crystal is alot better.

Apart of these minor stuff everything looks good, just need to see if you can do what you are supposed to do; awesome damage.

Good luck!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/

January 24, 2010, 05:18:16 am
Reply #11

Offline Cinn

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 05:18:16 am »
y plz.
this

This is all extremely dodgey...

I suspect that he's an awesome PVP'er and probably a shit PVE'er, based on the fact that all the PVP tards have suddenly woken up and swiftly thrown in gleaming recommendations for him.

Besides, fact alone that Nach has said something nice about an application, clearly means he's a plant.

Care to prove me wrong?

I don't really see why a good PVPer has to be a shit PVEer, seeing PVP currently is quite more challenging than the PVE content is

care to elobarate why being a good PVPer and a good PVE-er doesnt go hand in hand? (cause as far as i see it, good PVPers usually make the best raiders aswell, especially in WOTLK, where 80% of the raid content has been a joke for any1 who even ever entered the arena)

answering yout question: i'd love to prove you wrong, this however isnt up to me

find me anything challenging and test me
Ya little light niggas couldn't feed my shadows

January 24, 2010, 09:03:18 am
Reply #12

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 09:03:18 am »
We have 2 very stable mages atm, but it wouldn't hurt to have a 3rd one.

However looking raidwide we've gained quite a few recruits the past two weeks and are already sitting ppl out on monday's.

Actually thinking about it a bit more. We should give him a trail because tuesday's we barely fill a raid and that is the day we need the strongest raid tbh. Then we can bench the players that only show up on monday's.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:07:21 am by Yoica »

January 24, 2010, 09:45:14 am
Reply #13

Offline Sertth

• Former Member

• Sertth - Fury Warrior

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 09:45:14 am »
Actually thinking about it a bit more. We should give him a trail because tuesday's we barely fill a raid and that is the day we need the strongest raid tbh. Then we can bench the players that only show up on monday's.

I totally agree with Yoica, we should get rid of underachieving monday farmers, and build a stronger raid with ppl showing up at thursday too!!
Sertth - B Raid Fury Warrior

January 24, 2010, 11:02:32 am
Reply #14

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 11:02:32 am »
Yup, i certainly agree with Yoica.
Yes we have 2 stable mages, but we are the only class that have 2 players and a 3rd one wouldn't hurt. We do need people that show up on tuesday, because the ones that only come mondays are fucktards

Goodluck!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:14:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

45 Guests, 0 Users