Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Magikarp, Mage Application!

February 13, 2010, 12:14:57 am
Read 8990 times

Offline Magikarp

• Vendor Trash

Magikarp, Mage Application!
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:14:57 am »

Okay first off, I heard you guys like happy colors and stuff so that’s why I made the sweet ass banner that you can see above, took me 1000 hours in MS paint. My application is a little long and there might be a few errors since English is not my native language. Anyway I hope I won’t bore you to death.

Personal Information

My name is Johan, I’m seventeen, turning eighteen this year. Currently I’m studying my first year of technology at a university (or whatever the English equivalent of a gymnasium is). I live with my mother in Stockholm, Sweden. I spend my days mostly at home playing games and hanging out on skype with my friends.

Character Information

First off, I have not been raiding hardcore since 3.1 back when I was in After Life on alliance, so my gear is not the best. What I’m wearing right now is stuff I’ve obtained from badges or trial of the crusader and ulduar. All raids I’ve been doing since has mostly been to help out friends and weekly raids and etc.

My armory profile can be viewed here: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Magikarp

Professions:
Tailoring, max (Can craft Bejeweled Wizard’s Bracers, other then that there is nothing special I can craft)
Herbalism, max
Cooking, max (chef)
Fishing, max (salty)

I have spent about 125 days played on my mage, 50 of them at level 80.

I also have a protection/retribution paladin I play casually that I recently leveled up to eighty, obviously if you need me on my paladin rather than my mage i will play on that, but the gear is even worse then on my mage.
Paladin armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Magictoaster

Raiding

I can raid at any day of the week, I only study two subjects so I only have about 5 hour of school per week. So that means I have a lot of time on my hands and almost no homework. If something pops up obviously I will notify you on the forum or to my classleader.

Gaming and World Of Warcraft history

I have been a gamer since I was like, erh seven or something. I’ve owned a lot of consoles but I’ve always been a PC gamer. I played the warcraft games as a kid, played a lot of Diablo 2 aswell. Today when not playing World of Warcraft I play games such as Team Fortress 2, Dante’s Inferno, Halo 3, Mass Effect 2 and etc.

I started my World of Warcraft account in august 2006. But I used to play on private servers before I began playing on retail, I also hosted my own warcraft server at one point. I did not hit 60 on my mage before the burning crusade so I did not raid during vanilla, when I hit 70 I quickly became bored and took a break from world of warcaft, I came back a few months later and joined Coalition and raided Kara, SSC, ZA, TK and BT. We actually managed to get Zul’aman timed done but I never got a bear of my own.

At eighty I formed a guild with a bunch of friends, we actually had some great progress and got some of the earliest kills on bosses such as Kel’Thuzad, Malygos and Sartharion. Was among the top 5 of the realm.

After that I joined After Life a few weeks before 3.1 and did 12/14 bosses with them until I had to put gaming aside to deal with some stuff in real life.
Since then not a lot has happened, I’ve transferred to horde with some friends and been in Ikari playing very casually, now I’m in the mood for serious 25 man raiding
 again.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

I want to raid 25-man content with people have a great balance between dedication and a great spirit and Iron Edge seems like the guild I’m looking for. I have some friends in Iron Edge and i don’t think I will have a problem making more since every Iron Edge member I’ve been in touch with has been very polite and nice towards me.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

A pretty cool guy who doesn’t afraid of anything.
No seriously, I’m active, a generally nice guy who is willing to help out and can stay focused and isn’t afraid of taking advice and won’t rage cause my raid spot was given to someone else.

Last words?

Hope you will consider me even though my gear might not be fully up to date, and I wish you all good luck no matter whether you decide to accept me into the guild or not.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:39:34 am by Magikarp »

February 13, 2010, 12:27:16 am
Reply #1

Offline Demnogonis

• Former Member

Re: Magikarp, Mage Application!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 12:27:16 am »
A very fun and good guy can realy recommend him!

February 13, 2010, 12:27:56 am
Reply #2

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:27:56 am »
Love the name.

February 13, 2010, 12:29:55 am
Reply #3

Kilizion

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:29:55 am »
A or B raid, I skimmed it and didn't see any indication. Anyway nice application, good luck.

February 13, 2010, 12:38:18 am
Reply #4

Offline Magikarp

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:18 am »
A or B raid, I skimmed it and didn't see any indication. Anyway nice application, good luck.

B-Team, would apply to A but i think my gear is holding me back to much.

February 13, 2010, 12:40:33 am
Reply #5

Offline Creek

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:40:33 am »
Salty Magikarp, hahahhahahahhahahahhahahh awesome
Where ma hatcha? Get to work on dem eggs!

February 13, 2010, 12:56:20 am
Reply #6

Inphy

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 12:56:20 am »
You get my vote, the application itself.. adn the name, POKEMON!

February 13, 2010, 01:18:22 am
Reply #7

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 01:18:22 am »
Nice application, well written and your name is awesome haha.
Perfectly suits a mage ^^

Anyway on a more serious note, the B-Team raids 2 days per week, monday/tuesday so in those 2 days we wanna clear everything and kickass.
You're quite alot behind on gear actually, we are at end-game level at the moment and most mages are around 3000+ spell damage now. How much dps can you usually push out? You are 17, and you're going to "gymnasiet" (High school) which involves alot of school work ( been there, done that, there IS alot of work!) can you really attend 2 raids per week etc?

We've got already some mage applications and I think we are going to trial one new mage for the B-raid this monday so I think you should stand in line at least.

Work on your gear, it needs improvement as you have to be able to compete with our B-raid mages! goodluck.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:21:29 am by Shannaro »
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

February 13, 2010, 01:53:25 am
Reply #8

Offline Magikarp

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 01:53:25 am »
Nice application, well written and your name is awesome haha.
Perfectly suits a mage ^^

Anyway on a more serious note, the B-Team raids 2 days per week, monday/tuesday so in those 2 days we wanna clear everything and kickass.
You're quite alot behind on gear actually, we are at end-game level at the moment and most mages are around 3000+ spell damage now. How much dps can you usually push out? You are 17, and you're going to "gymnasiet" (High school) which involves alot of school work ( been there, done that, there IS alot of work!) can you really attend 2 raids per week etc?

We've got already some mage applications and I think we are going to trial one new mage for the B-raid this monday so I think you should stand in line at least.

Work on your gear, it needs improvement as you have to be able to compete with our B-raid mages! goodluck.

Hey Shannaro, first of i'm thrilled to see such a fast reply.

The school thing is totally not a problem, all i have is chemistry and civics 3 lessons per week and it adds up to about five hours per school per week. I do frequently get homework though but im able to deal with them during the day while im at home. I have a ton of extra time on my hands so two days a week is not a problem at all. I would be able to raid 7 days week if i wanted to.

And i totally see what your saying with the gear, i really am i step behind and that really was my biggest concern when applying.

As for the DPS, it is really hard for me to say especially in an instance like icecrown citadel where alot fights have so much to them compared to other instances, ranged tend to have a disadvantage over melee in alot of the fights and i have not even had the chance to do all of them myself yet.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you again on monday i will try to get my hands on some upgrades before that and also i'll make sure im not saved.

February 13, 2010, 01:54:31 am
Reply #9

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 01:54:31 am »
No more fucking Stockholmers, god damnit. Motherfffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

February 13, 2010, 02:13:47 am
Reply #10

Offline Magikarp

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 02:13:47 am »
No more fucking Stockholmers, god damnit. Motherfffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

/pat

Technically im not a stockholmer i've only lived here for a year.

February 13, 2010, 03:50:04 am
Reply #11

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 03:50:04 am »
Cool banner, like!
Now I run a tech website.

February 13, 2010, 10:45:27 am
Reply #12

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 10:45:27 am »
Hehe no problem, our B-raid officers are a bit slow on replying so I usually do it, at least when it comes to the mages.

Allright if you say that schools not going to stop you from wow then I belive you, I'm just saying that when going to High School specially in 2nd/3rd year it will become tough, anyway good to hear that.

Yeah man I know, but gear is easy to get nowaday. It shouldn't require so much hard work. Couple of pugs, daily heroics etc and you got your set pieces. If you're lucky you get the shizzle from VoA (Which I'm not, fucking VOA!!)
Yup I know it myself, some fights are hard to compare and do damage vs other classes.
Good fights to try out your dps is Saurfang, Rotface, Putricide, Queen etc.
But it's not just about dps, you've gotta move alot on some fights etc.
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

February 13, 2010, 08:09:34 pm
Reply #13

Offline Demnogonis

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 08:09:34 pm »
Have done some raids with him and he is very good and a very nice player can only give thumbs up about him from me.

February 21, 2010, 04:37:38 pm
Reply #14

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 04:37:38 pm »
Bump!

Are you still interested? And are you working hard to gear yourself up?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 07:43:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

26 Guests, 0 Users