Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Wintermute Protection Paladin XRealm [A-Team]

March 03, 2010, 08:51:17 am
Read 10818 times

Offline wintermute

• Vendor Trash

Wintermute Protection Paladin XRealm [A-Team]
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:51:17 am »
WoW Information:
Name: Wintermuté
Class: Paladin
Level: 80
Current Spec: 0/53/18
Professions: Blacksmithing/Jewelcrafting
Glyphs: Salvation, Righteous Defense, Hammer of Righteous
Playing since: Vanillla
Internet Connection: Very stable

Personal Information:
Name: Fabian Franco-Roldan
Occupation: Software Engineer, Doing Masters in computer science
Languages: English, broken Italian

Armory Links:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&cn=Wintermut%C3%A9

Talent Specialization: 
I am currently using the build trialed and mathematically proven to achieve the best TPS output, i follow forums and matlabs on
maintankadin, i also run numbers myself and regularly test out different combinations to see what is the best at the moment.

Gear and Calculations:
All my gear is currently priotized for stamina and hit.

I ensure that my items are properly enchanted and correctly gemmed.

Due to shitty stat itemization on some ICC gear i have had to drop hit gems for expertise gems to meet the softcap.

My professions that i chose are blacksmithing, this is for the glove and hands socket bonus, and jewelcrafting for the jewelcrafter gems

UI, Clicking, Keyboardturning, Keybinds:
My UI has gone through numerous changes over the years, i try to keep my interface to minimialist as possible, i hate clutter. Thou
my screen shot of my ui below is a tad bit cluttered, i have changed it since then (last night, did not snap it in time), my keybindings
have also changed with Bindings on my first row from 1-7, and second row from shift-1:7, buff bindings would including ctrl-qwert for the
various buffs. This might be confusing for some, but i find these best for my type of playstyle.

UI: http://i46.tinypic.com/wwlqhc.jpg

Playing Times:
I play all week, 7 days a week basically, i will always be available, thou there might be times when work might get in the way, this
usually only occurs every few months when there is a crunch time. And this doesnt usually last longer than a week. By crunch time
it would just indicate that i might be about 30mins late for a raid, but as i said not often. I am always keen to help out people
if they require to be geared up, badges are always handy for something. Obviously situational instances might occur, i have
nobody who tells me when i can and cannot play, so this is never an issue aswell. Thou because i live in whats called the "high-veld"
our area is prone to lightening storms, thou we are exiting the summer season, so this would only be a problem next year again.

Why Paladin:
I started playing a paladin, because i used to heal pretty much straight from Vanilla into TBC. I then leveled a hunter but after the
beast mastery nerf i felt it to be a bit of a boring class, i enjoyed the exotic animals, i took a break for about 8 months, after
returning i decided i would play a paladin and have ever since then, i enjoy tanking. I have recently changed my offspec to pvp holy, thou i am still gathering gear, i do have quiet a bit of retribution item offspec. Thou this would not be my first choice if required offspec is needed.

Raiding Desire:
I enjoy difficult and challenging encounters, i enjoying see how the mechanics of the game can work, and just sploog at the thought
of the amount of mathematics being calculated in the background for each encounter. I am always curious to see the content, and the
work that go's into each encounter, some encounters can become so tedious but pushing through them is important

Guild History:
I was on ravenholdt in a guild called acta sanctorum, but due to political shifts in its hierachy i left.
I faction swopped to horde to try it out, joined a guild which i was benched 100% of the time,
i dont mind being benched, that wasnt my concern just the fact getting saved for 1 boss, and then
never going in a game was slightly irritating. I recently transfered to laughing skull, and was recruited into Randoms, very old guild on that server. And as of last night they have stopped raiding due to a massive chunk of there core members quitting for RL issues. Currently i am in a friends guild just for the social aspect.

Experience pre TBC:
Zul’Gurub [Cleared] on Priest
Ahn’Qiraj [Cleared] on Priest

Experience in TBC:
Karazhan [Cleared] on Priest
Hyjal Summit [Cleared] on Priest
Black Temple [Cleared] on Priest

Experince in WOLTK:
Naxxramas 10&25man on Paladin, mostly cleared i ran randoms for the fun of it.
Obsidian Sanctum 10&25man [Cleared] on Paladin (incl. 3drakes Kill)
Malygos 10&25man [Cleared] on Paladin
TOTGC   10&25man [Cleared] on Paladin
ICC     10 [10/12] on Paladin
ICC     25 Up to prince, killed dream boss, festergut, rotface. Have not done queen , sin, lk

Trivial WoW Information:
Best Wipe - Running into a togc forgetting i was in ret spec
Fav. Encounter – Thadeus
Least Fav. Encounter – Anub

Trivial RL Interests:
Sky diving, Video editing, Music Production

Why I am an asset to your guild:
I listen well in raids, take criticism, and believe i can learn from my mistakes or better myself if something about me/myself/char is not
up to standard. I believe any thing can be rectified, i am good at my class, and good at my chosen path(tank), I am willing to help out where i can
with regards to site development, or even guild spesific addon development.

What I expect from you:
A friendly environment, making new friends. I would not demand anything else, getting taken to raids would be nice, but also would need to be earned.

Last Words:
i know my application template is some what different to yours, but it gives a better overview of my character, goals,etc..

March 03, 2010, 09:37:10 am
Reply #1

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

Re: Wintermute Protection Paladin XRealm [A-Team]
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:37:10 am »
How can you play Vanilla and not go through Molten Core..?

Also, do you trip on sugar?

Good luck with your app.

March 03, 2010, 09:43:18 am
Reply #2

Offline wintermute

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 09:43:18 am »
How can you play Vanilla and not go through Molten Core..?

Also, do you trip on sugar?

Good luck with your app.

I went through a mid life crisis during Molten Core (it was called a gf who wanted to much attention).

Trip on sugar, no my blood consists of 95% caffeine and about 1% platelets. Actually we have just gotten these thing called red bull shots, im trying to see if i can tweak from them, the recommended dose per day is one bottle. Four down and nothing so far:(

Unless i entirely missed the point.. of the statement.

March 03, 2010, 09:47:49 am
Reply #3

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 09:47:49 am »
Gief Protadin!

March 03, 2010, 09:59:00 am
Reply #4

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 09:59:00 am »
How the shit do you do shift + 7 efficiently? o0

Not alot of faith in your binds :P
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

March 03, 2010, 10:06:15 am
Reply #5

Offline wintermute

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 10:06:15 am »
How the shit do you do shift + 7 efficiently? o0

Not alot of faith in your binds :P

I have changed them a bit, but i'm ambidextrous and have a numeric pad next to my left hand. So it works for me:) But yes some people have seen my bindings and convulsed violently in the corner, whilst cleaning themselves with battery acid.

Your avatar is keeping me from my work -_-
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:22:26 am by wintermute »

March 03, 2010, 11:04:38 am
Reply #6

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 11:04:38 am »
Looks like I may be out of a job soon :P

Just a note about your spec, you'll need to stick a point in reduced hoj cooldown for icc.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

March 03, 2010, 11:16:41 am
Reply #7

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 11:16:41 am »
Just another thing, you mention that you are available 7 days a week and, I'm sure Kawe is wondering, do you actually want to raid on all of those days?  His 10m is looking for a tank, which would, if you wanted to join, put you raiding 6-7 days a week.  Have you done that before?  Is that something you'd want?
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

March 03, 2010, 11:22:37 am
Reply #8

Offline wintermute

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:37 am »
Just another thing, you mention that you are available 7 days a week and, I'm sure Kawe is wondering, do you actually want to raid on all of those days?  His 10m is looking for a tank, which would, if you wanted to join, put you raiding 6-7 days a week.  Have you done that before?  Is that something you'd want?

I don't mind the raiding and yes i have done that before, just as long as its during the evenings on not during the day on the weekends, because that is when i am sky diving.

As for HoJ, i've never really had an issues with interrupts obviously the shorter CD would help, will see what i can do without, because as my spec stands now i am a bit picky on what i would like to switch around.

March 03, 2010, 11:34:55 am
Reply #9

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 11:34:55 am »
Great app! I don't have that much knowledge about protadins so I'll leave those questions to TTaM. I assume you have a mic (and use it) :P?

I'll first have to discuss with the guildleader/TTaM before I make a decision about trialing!

P.S. I think the extra point in HoJ is for Lich King only...maybe Dreamwalker?

March 03, 2010, 11:41:17 am
Reply #10

Offline wintermute

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 11:41:17 am »
Great app! I don't have that much knowledge about protadins so I'll leave those questions to TTaM. I assume you have a mic (and use it) :P?

I'll first have to discuss with the guildleader/TTaM before I make a decision about trialing!

I've never had any issues with dreamwalker encounter as my spec stands, using SoC cleave picks them up rather quickly. Also avengers shield slows and stuns, and before they even get to the raid they are dps'd down rather fast.

As for LK i have no had a chance to get there yet the server was extremely laggy and then the guild went through the stuff its going through now or should i say has gone through.

Yep its definitely a given that i have a mic.

March 03, 2010, 12:23:09 pm
Reply #11

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 12:23:09 pm »

LK and Deathbringer mostly.  The cooldowns for things seem to be 40 or 45s, and our stun is 50 :P

As for the point to take out... i took 1 from reckoning for it.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

March 03, 2010, 12:28:57 pm
Reply #12

Offline wintermute

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 12:28:57 pm »

LK and Deathbringer mostly.  The cooldowns for things seem to be 40 or 45s, and our stun is 50 :P

As for the point to take out... i took 1 from reckoning for it.

Is'nt the SoC cleave slightly less effective? or i could just make dual spec tanking tree's :P or better yet get the rogues to stun:P

Deathbringer, the blood beasts, ok granted i've stunned them a few times but never really had any tactic which required doing it alot, i guess things done differently all over the place.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:30:46 pm by wintermute »

March 03, 2010, 12:46:03 pm
Reply #13

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 12:46:03 pm »
Is'nt the SoC cleave slightly less effective? or i could just make dual spec tanking tree's :P or better yet get the rogues to stun:P

Reckoning makes soc less effectively?  Or, did you mean you'd rather sacrifice SoC for the HoJ CD? (if the latter u need that point in ret to get your 3 points in Crusade :P)
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

March 03, 2010, 12:48:04 pm
Reply #14

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 12:48:04 pm »
Quick Kawe!!! Snatch this one for our 10man, before someone else turn their claws into his flesh!!!
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:26:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 0 Users