Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Grilly's 300-375 Mining guide!

February 20, 2007, 10:15:48 am
Read 5759 times

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

Grilly's 300-375 Mining guide!
« on: February 20, 2007, 10:15:48 am »
I am simply reposting my guide in the general section of the forums to be able to link it on the wow-europe forums, just because I'm such a nice person and I'm a postfarmer.

Here's Grilly's EXTENDED MATERIAL for 300 to 375 mining!

First of all, some information on when you can mine different Outlands minerals and when they turn orange/green.
Fel Iron - 300 - 325 - 350
Adamantite - 325 - 350
Rich Adamantite - 350
Khorium - 375
Eternium Ores are found occasionally in any of these deposits, and does not require skill to obtain, other than the skill needed for the vein.

300-375 mining can be done fairly easily in the Outlands, you get skill from green nodes most of the time, and Fel Iron nodes are green up to 375 mining skill.
The Fel Iron Veins require 300 mining, and will stay orange till 320 and yellow till 350. Now, in Hellfire Peninsula you'll only find Fel Iron and an occasional Khorium Vein. I wouldn't worry about the khorium for now as it requires 375 mining skill and as far as I know it can spawn on any node at all in the entire Outlands.

So, I've painted on a small map again, to show where the really big amounts of Fel Iron Veins are at. I have chosen a pink line this time. FOLLOW THE PINK LINE, IT'S YOUR FRIEND! Basically just go along the eastern rim of Hellfire, near the Dark Portal. If you're lucky, you'll bump into 5 or 6, or maybe even more nodes on a trip.
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hellfirecw5.jpg]
(This time I have posted images as links to avoid excessive use of screen space)

You can keep doing this for ages if you find it effective enough, and from my own experience it's the best place to be, at least till the veins turn green(350 skill).

Now, as an intermission, I'll inform you what minerals can be found in which parts of the Outland.
In Hellfire Peninsula, you'll find Fel Iron and an occasional Khorium vein.
In Zangarmarsh you'll also mostly find Fel Iron, but quite a few adamantite veins, and Khorium can spawn here too.
In Terokkar Forest, you can find adamantite and fel iron, quite a lot up around the Cenarion Thicket. Khorium cna also spawn in Terokkar.
In Nagrand you will mostly encounter Adamantite, sometimes Rich Adamantite deposits or fel iron. Also, a tiny bit of Khorium, like everywhere else.
Shadowmoon Valley mostly contains Adamantite and Rich Adamantite.
In Blade's Edge Mountains, you'll find Adamantite and Rich Adamantite.
In Netherstorm there's also mostly Adamantite and Rich Adamantite.

I have discovered that in The Outlands, you nearly always find lots of minerals in caves, just like in Azeroth. I'd like to bring to you a couple of examples of nice mining caves. Sadly, the ones I've used here will require you to kill some mobs, and it will therefor take some time to obtain the minerals.
http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=netherstormoz2.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shadowmoonvalleypj5.jpg
Also, I am using maps from Thottbot, and these maps are blurred out at some areas. Do not ask me why, because I don't know the reason for this :)

So, my advice to you would be to stick around in Hellfire Peninsula and do the "pink lap" till they get green, but if you are levelling up your character at the same time, you can just mine as you stumble upon nodes throughout the Outlands.
That's it for this guide for now, let's hope it'll be a while before I have to update it again to 425 mining skill.. :D

And please do post comments or tips for the guide as it's currently only from my point of view. Would love some input.
Sources for my guide: wowwiki.com(deposit level requirements), Thottbot.com(maps), own experience.
-Grilly.

February 20, 2007, 03:03:22 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Grilly's 300-375 Mining guide!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:03:22 pm »
Post farmer.

Did you lock it Grill, or did another admin?
Now I run a tech website.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:30:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

42 Guests, 1 User
DNZ93