Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 RE-application of a level 66 undead mage

January 22, 2007, 01:41:32 am
Read 6168 times

Offline Phenn

• Former Member

RE-application of a level 66 undead mage
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:41:32 am »
Good evening/morning Iron edge! its 12:00 so i cant work out if its morning or evening : o

First off let me introduce myself, some of you already know me from past experiences but for the guys that dont, my name is Joe, I live in merry old England in a city called Bristol. Im 20 years young and work through-out the day as an electrician. My interests in life are football, having a few beers on the weekend and spending good times with my friends. In my spare time (which is most of the time) i indulge in the addictive hobby which is WoW. I got my  copy of TBC late on wednesday night and havent stopped playing it ever since im hooked i love it!.

Well thats a little about myself and my background, now more about my character.

Name : Phenn
Class : Mage
Level : 66
Played time : 101 days 19 hours.
Attunements : All the regular wow attunements, will be completing Kharazan/Hajnal quests in the near future hopefully.
Raiding experience : 1 Year full PvE raiding experience : Cleared : MC/BWL up to Saphirron in Naxxramas.

Background information

I first created a Nelf rogue on dunemaul which i steady leveled to 28 but then re-rolled horde with Loaded/Coeus. I created my mage approx 1 1/2 years ago and have had nothing but fun ever since. My first guild was the infamous <Molten Core> guild. Which i stayed in until i was offered a spot in a friends guild called <Nefastus Legio> I remained in this guild from start to the sad finish progressing from Lucifron and Ragnaros to Razorgore and vaelastratz in BWL. When the guild finally disbanded i hooked up with one of the top guilds on dunemaul, Cold Blooded. This is where i got my first taste of real hardcore PvE raiding 4-6 nights a week, progressing from BWL to the end of AQ40, killing bosses such as C'thun and Ouro was really a dream come true for me, I was really lucky to be asked to join Cold Blooded by Patbadger, I do really appreciate the opportunity he gave to me. However when things got tough and problems accured, I migrated to Magtheridon, I know this isnt the best option to run from your problems, But i have learned from my mistakes, it has  made me into alot better player that would of been before you 6 months ago. Ive learned that friendship is the most important aspect of the game. You may ask yourself do i have guild loyalship? As i said before i have changed im not  the type in real life to just quit or give up on my ambitions in life and i will not treat WoW any differently.

Ambitions/Goals for TBC

Well as everyone's ambition is at the moment, is to reach level 70, congratulations for the limited few who have battled through the fatigue and managed to reach the level 70 mark, you are an inspiration to someone like myself to keep at it and not to give up. I must say i am really enjoying the TBC experience, I love the new content I love the new instances and the new items, it really gives every player and equal opportunity to be at the same level.
  Ever since i started this game i have always set my goals in PvE, reaching new heights, exploring new content and downing new bosses is what i play this game for, I have never been interested in PvP, as i really dont see what achievements it brings to one person. Being together with 39 people inside an instance is really what i thrive on, now the number of players will be 25, Im really looking forward to seeing how much were going to have to be on our toes and adapting to whatever blizzard are going to throw at us!
  My ambitions end game PvE is to of course be the best, im an ambitious and virtuos person who likes to drive forward and push on even after a night of whiping. I feel that being a part of Iron Edge i can achieve this, even if you claim to not be one of the most hardcore guilds on dunemaul i still feel you will be at the top of your game when tackling new encounters, i would also love to be a part of that core of members who all have the same desire

Character Gear

Well not much has changed since i last applied here, also i have forgot to mention why i didnt migrate earlier, I was informed that paid migraton service cool down was reduced to 1 month, however this wasnt the case. But since the burning crusade release the cool down has been reset and my character was eligable for migration. I have since migrated my character back to dunemaul today so there are no problems what so ever with my application this time!

Head : [Enigma Circlet] +18 Spell Damage/1% Hit
Neck : [Amulet of Vek'nilash]
Shoulder : [Enigma Shoulderpads] +18 Spell Damage
Cloak : [Cloak of the Devoured] Subtelty
Chest : [Enigma Robes] +100 mana
Wrist : [Netherwind Bindings] Mana Regen 4 per/5
Hands : [Netherwind Gloves] +20 Fire Damage
Belt : [Firemaw's Clutch]
Legs : [Leggings of the Festering Swarm] +18 Spell Damage/1% Hit
Feet : [Boots of Epiphany] +5 Spirit
Ring 1 : [Band of Vaulted secrets]
Ring 2 : [Signet Ring of the Brone Dragon Flight]
Trinket 1 : [Zandalarian Hero Charm]
Trinket 2 : [Neltharions Tear]

Weapon : [Claw of Chrommagus] +30 Spell Damage
Offhand : [Master Dragonslayer's Orb]

Total Spell Damage : 615 + Fire Damage
Hit Points : 4900
Mana Pool : 7212
Chance to Critically Strike : 25%
Chance to hit : 5%

My character talent build

0/54/3
I have gone heavily into fire with my current talent build, I chose this spec purely for leveling and to give good dps in instances etc.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/burningcrusade/mage/talents.html?0000000000000000000000055523201230333005312510030000000000000000000

25/36/0
This is going to be my level 70 raiding build, I have opted to go for 25 points into arcane to get Arcane Mind. This should really boost my Mana pool for long intensive fights. With the necessary talents in fire with the 'mini execute' for mages, i feel this will be optimal and perfect build for me.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/burningcrusade/mage/talents.html?0500550000230050000000050520200230303005312000000000000000000000000

So why should Iron Edge chose me?

As I previously stated, im a virtuitous player with my common goal, progress. Even after a night of whiping and learning new content i will be ready and waiting to give the next attempt my upmost concentration and effort. Im always stacking up on consumables and people who know me from previous experience's will vouch that I buff 'to the tits' , excuse the strange expression, on every encounter. Im not  aplayer to give half hearted attempts if things are going wrong.Why should Iron Edge chose me?

I have unlimited raiding times, I can literally raid to whatever hour i wish. I understand Iron Edge have later raiding times at around 7/8 o'clock which would suit me perfectly, I like to arrive home from work and spend time with my parents and eat some food before turning on the PC and spending a night raiding.
  I have a very stable internet connection running 10 MB, I have a very well made and thought through pc with the latest technology and accessories. So the only time i will be disconnecting is when the raid ends!

I know a few guys in Iron edge from previous time playing with them. Shadowpoison, Hotix, Delling, Shannaro, Alive, Draconis, and my really good friend Loaded. I really hope my application will be successful so i can continue to play with these great guys again!

Well thank you for reading my application, i apologise if it was a bit long and boring!

Cya in game : )

//Joe

January 22, 2007, 11:32:15 am
Reply #1

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

Re: RE-application of a level 66 undead mage
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 11:32:15 am »
This guy clearly wants to join us quite a lot. From his (several) applications he seems serious, dedicated and a guy who knows what he's talking about. Not that I'm the mage CL, but surely giving him a trial wouldn't kill us?
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

January 22, 2007, 01:06:59 pm
Reply #2

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 01:06:59 pm »
i r in school, i r come home, i r post keke? :P gotta go teache watches me!
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

January 22, 2007, 03:51:46 pm
Reply #3

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 03:51:46 pm »
You sure you want to serve IE under that guy, Phenn? ;p

January 22, 2007, 05:17:28 pm
Reply #4

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 05:17:28 pm »
Yay man ;) Welcome back first of all :)

Now now, your application is great, got everything needed ;)
I just wanna know, what exactly happened in CB? :O And was that new guild really hardcore? :o

Anyway, me have decided that i want you into Iron Edge and Daekesh also agrees with me (he's my ACL if you didnt know)
So mate whenever your online, give me a whisper and we will talk =)

Cheers

-shann
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

January 22, 2007, 05:35:28 pm
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 05:35:28 pm »
Although I'm a bit late to comment...

It's a very nice application!

Good luck :)
Now I run a tech website.

January 22, 2007, 05:41:12 pm
Reply #6

Offline Ahkailon

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 05:41:12 pm »
I just wanna know, what exactly happened in CB? :O And was that new guild really hardcore? :o

Shannaro requesting gossip?

January 22, 2007, 06:50:31 pm
Reply #7

Offline Phenn

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 06:50:31 pm »
I just wanna know, what exactly happened in CB? :O And was that new guild really hardcore?

Well, it was kind of a mixture of inevitable raiding break and having a lot of stress being Guild Leader. At the end of the day, i still had goals i wanted to achieve, alot of my really good friends. from Cold Blooded, quit the game as they didnt think TBC would be worth playing when it was released. This basically demoralised me as i knew i wouldnt reach end game bosses at the time and took it upon myself to look else where and try to complete my goals prior to TBC.

The new guild was certainly what id call hardcore. To be fair i enjoyed it however something came up in my work scheduale which basically meant i was going to arrive later home from work for a month or two, it was only half an hour later but this basically meant i was going to miss invites which started at 17:45 game time (16:45) UK time. This eventually led to me going in-active on hardcore raiding.

January 23, 2007, 04:28:52 pm
Reply #8

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 04:28:52 pm »
First of all thanks for a nice read... U made my working hours shorter, its a bit of pain on mobile but...  As much as I heard from mates in CB Phenn ir really dedicated to what he is doing in PVE, well known as flaskaddict :) Its really obvious that he wants to be part of this nutthouse called Iron Edge so thumbs up, hope to see ya in /g soon.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:48:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

32 Guests, 0 Users