Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 [Casual raid]Death knight (dps) [Accepted]

January 13, 2012, 10:46:32 am
Read 4048 times

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

[Casual raid]Death knight (dps) [Accepted]
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:46:32 am »
Hey guys

Character: Rootzy

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Rootzy/simple

Class/Spec:

Death Knight dps

Raid: Casual Raid

Personal Info:

My name is Donavan from South africa,I'm 25yrs old and birthday is on 18th March.I'm an IT technician for a small company and love what I do

Spec:

My main spec used to be blood but changed to frost because the guilds I was in already had 2 main tanks that had 100% attendance so there was no room for another tank since they only had one raid group,so I changed and I'm enjoying it,I have tank gear for OS though just to keep current and just incase I change to tank one day.

Class:

Death knight frost dps in unholy presence is fun and some nice burst damage,stat priority is ofcourse str- hit cap to 8% -exp cap of 26 - haste - mastery - crit.My opener for any fight would be pre-pot -> diseases -> bash a bit -> once you have 10 stacks on license to slay (do it quickly so you still have yr pot on) -> pillar of frost -> ghoul and bash a bit and reapply diseases.I would use my blood tap ability if needed for obliterate when killing machine procs and obliterate is on CD,IBF if there is heavy damage coming as in soft enrage timers or if I'm low on health for some reason and AMS in some fights aswell helps the healers out

Alts:

I have a warlock that some of you might remember from back in the day(about a year or so ago),character name is Zyvox which I'm gearing up slowly as affliction,currently working on a hunter aswell but only lvl 65 so still lots of leveling to be done,also have a druid on lvl 44

Professions:

I have mining/jewelcrafting,I will replace mining as soon as I have enough gold to level up my enchanting

Raid Experience:

Well the only raiding experience I have was when I joined WoW,was with Iron Edge on my warlock Zyvox when we raided BwD,BoT and ToT4W,from then onwards I made my main character Rootzy the death knight and joined a few guilds,I have done firelands 7/7 normal and I have done 7/8 dragon soul normal

Previous Guilds:

Previous guilds was Iron edge,the only reason I left you guys was because I wasnt progressing with the current raid group and I couldnt gear up otherwise,this was with my warlock,that was the only reason I left,so I left to gear up in another guild,I made my death knight and joined Synergy,raided once with them and the guild leaders left on holiday giving guild ownership to a kid and he turned the guild into some harry potter guild lol,the next guild I join was Red Sun Rising,it was there where I got my gear for death knight and experience,we completed 7/7 firelands normal and when we completed DS patch was being released in a few days,things got heated up in that guild with our raid leader and he left and along with him most of the raid so I left RSR with the raid to raid with people I knew,so he started a guild called Decimation where I currently am in,I have done 7/8 with them and they have done 8/8 and 1/8 on HC,I found myself not being used for raids no more because of my class and because I was away for a week on holiday and they progressed without me and wont do normal DS,for instance with morchok hc on 10m they using 2 rogues 1 per boss when he splits to soak up damage with tanks,and thats how they sticking with it,they dont want to try another setup,initially it was 1 rogue and me but they said they would rather use the 2nd rogue because he uses feint and can still dps boss where I had to change presence to blood and frost inbetween for the stomps to survive the damage,and now they on hagara hc and they its a range fight apparently,they progressed through normal and now on hc and they wont use me in those fights so I wont progress

Availability:

Im available for raids on SUN/MON/WED/THURS

Communication:

Im using ventrillo 3 and I have a working mic if needed to communicate with fellow raiders

Computer / Connection:

I currently have a e7500 dc,4 gigs ram,xfx radeon hd 5770 and enough space,I'm on a new ISP and there connection seems very stable and Im not lagging which iirc when I raided with you guys in Bwd I used to lag alot

Addons/UI:

I'm using DBM,recount

Other Games:

Currently not playing any other games,I have mw3 and skyrim installed but havent really played them yet because I'm more involved with WoW

Why Iron Edge?

I want to rejoin Iron edge to progress with you guys and show you guys that I have improved as a player and because my real life friend Surim is in this guild aswell

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer friendship,good team player,100% attendance unless there is a problem with real life issues

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Heard about Iron edge a long time ago from Surim

Last Words?

I really hope you guys can give me another chance in your guild to prove myself a worthy player and to gain experience from others and for long time friendships
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:44:09 pm by Yoica »
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

January 13, 2012, 10:57:30 am
Reply #1

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

Re: [Casual raid]Death knight (dps)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:30 am »
Yup, he is a friend, actually dating my girlfriend's sister. Good guy. Have many great stories about him.

Gear looks ok. Gems + enchants all seem correct.

I have done a few LFR's and lots of random hc's with him and he has gotten a lot better since his previous days in IE. Hell, playing a DK isn't hard. It would be nice to give him another chance. Always fun to raid with RL m8s.

Lets see what Yoica has to say.
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

January 13, 2012, 11:10:57 am
Reply #2

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:10:57 am »
I remember your lock from ICC and while you were nice guy and pretty undergeared back then I also remember you dying from boss mechanics quite a bit. We run with a strong, high attendance and largish melee group so I'll need to give it some thought.

January 13, 2012, 11:13:16 am
Reply #3

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 11:13:16 am »
I did'nt raid ICC,I only joined WoW when cataclysm launched,thanks for taking time to read the app
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

January 13, 2012, 11:18:03 am
Reply #4

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:18:03 am »
Luckily he isn't an old dog so we can teach him new tricks :P
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

January 13, 2012, 11:29:59 am
Reply #5

footmunch

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 11:29:59 am »
the bad lock was surim, your getting old yoica :p

January 13, 2012, 11:31:12 am
Reply #6

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 11:31:12 am »
hahaha, fu footmunch.

January 13, 2012, 12:44:56 pm
Reply #7

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 12:44:56 pm »
Zyvox raided with us in ICC for a bit and 1-2 weeks at the start of cata? I was sure we had 2 shit SA locks in ICC...

January 13, 2012, 12:52:15 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »
No mate it might of been someone else,here is my character Zyvox who only raided beginning cata http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Zyvox/simple

January 13, 2012, 01:00:10 pm
Reply #9

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 01:00:10 pm »
Haha, no Yoica. I only started raiding with you guys in Cata and Rootzy (Zyvox) joined after me. First as a F&F then as a raider. Here is his Warlock application: http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?topic=5916.msg93555#msg93555

Cataclysm was released on 7 Dec 2010

January 13, 2012, 02:12:10 pm
Reply #10

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 02:12:10 pm »

2011 you mean.

Do we really want another South African?! :D

January 13, 2012, 02:22:35 pm
Reply #11

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 02:22:35 pm »

2011 you mean.

Do we really want another South African?! :D

Cataclysm wasnt released last month. FAIL

January 13, 2012, 02:55:37 pm
Reply #12

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »
Who were the 2 shit locks we had back in ICC? :(

January 13, 2012, 02:56:27 pm
Reply #13

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 02:56:27 pm »
We have had this discussion a few times now and it seems that there were some other shit warlocks in ICC :)

Bears like alts!

January 13, 2012, 02:56:47 pm
Reply #14

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 02:56:47 pm »
Pluug and ...?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:30:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

43 Guests, 1 User
DNZ93